PDA

View Full Version : ClubTropica: Not opening until summer!

kk.
21-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Very Long and detailed explanation as to why. Read before posting please

Important: Client Update http://www.images.clubtropica.com/rss.png (http://www.clubtropica.com/rss/news)
By James - 21st March 2008

ClubTropica Users,

ClubTropica to date has had a great response from the majority of users and we are very pleased to have all the interest we have today. This news article is the one you have been waiting for and I have been asked to produce this to give you an update on the client.

ClubTropica was discovered last November, and after rumors and word of mouth spurred it out of control, people had mixed views on when or whether we would launch or not. The consequence of this heightened excitement suddenly put the team under a major amount of pressure to get the client out as soon as possible for two reasons, firstly to make you the users happy, and secondly we wanted to play it like everyone else as well.

Unfortunately, trying to keep you interested meant we had to launch features such as Username Reservation, etc. We initially stated that we would launch by the end of November, however we decided that after looking at two different versions of graphics, that using a 3D version visually was the best way. We then concentrated all our resources and time on this version until the beginning of January, after a month of internal testing, we found huge performance issues, so much so we decided it would not be a good idea to launch it to BETA as this may taint our name before we could prove ourselves.

A decision was made last month that we would revert back to an Isometric 2.5D client with Vector graphics that look more matured than some sites out there, and keep the look and feel of a 3D site (Just without the panning and rotating). The effect of this was another delay of approximately 3 months, similar to the delay between November to February for the 3D version, however all the backend coding for the client, the server, and the database is all ready to go. We will be launching ClubTropica, however we want it to be the ultimate best product out there, we wouldn't want to disappoint you lot!

You may ask, well why don't you show us it so far so that we can decide? Well, if we did this, with the knowledge it is not up to the standard we require, you will be very disappointed and so will we, especially knowing that we can build a product a lot better than this. We want our first version to the the best version, not something we have rushed up just to get it out there for you (even with the pressure you lot are putting upon us!).

I've also been asked if ClubTropica will ever launch and sent comments that it is a big "flop". I stress to you this is NOT the case and the whole team here are striving as hard as they can to get the client developed and released. With everything else ready to go, we will be looking at a launch any time before the beginning half of the Summer. If we had launched a product that performed badly, that would be seen as a bigger "flop".

A number of other users have asked why did we launch the website without the client? Because we wanted users to get involved with the start of the ClubTropica community before the client is launched so that you can give us input during the development of the website and client and make ClubTropica your Island. You lot currently signed up were involved with ClubTropica before anyone else when the Client is launched and when we actually start to advertise and market the site. Feeling special eh?

We understand 3 months is a long wait, however we will be keeping you entertained via Competitions, Updates on Developments, and of course profiling. It will definately be worth the wait! With a massive 10,000 users logged in our database, it is easy to find great and fascinating people; Why not give it a try and click Search (http://www.clubtropica.com/search/home) at the top of the page.

In the mean time, I will strive to keep you updated with the progress of the Client development and in addition over these coming months, we will be disclosing some of the many features available in our product that can't be found in any others. It will be worth the wait, and if you don't think you can wait this long, Don't worry! Just keep popping on to see the updates, provide input in the development, and we promise to send you an email on launch; you will welcomed back at any time.

Thanks for reading and I am sure ClubTropica will become the number one Island to surf to (Excuse the pun :P)... with your support of course!

James
IT Director
ClubTropica UK Ltd

Closed by Neil (Forum Moderator): Closed due to bump

Hazza
21-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Then, it'll be christmas. Then, it'll be next feb.
Its never going to happen :/

Neil
21-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Then, it'll be christmas. Then, it'll be next feb.
Its never going to happen :/

Wow you, just...Go away, seriously...Did you even read any of that?

Some people really don't deserve anything good when they act so idiotic

bizzle
21-03-2008, 08:13 PM
No suprises there/

Charlie
21-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I did say that it was going to be a flop but now that they have given a reason as to why it's been delayed and a date it will be released, I think it will attract a few members back as they know it'll be up, even if it is in summer which is a few months away it's better then having no idea when it will be set up.

Decode
21-03-2008, 08:46 PM
LOL, What the hell is 2.5D. You can only get 2D and 3D

Slowpoke
21-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Nah I like that they've had the courage to admit this. Well done CT :)

GhostFace-
21-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Wow Summer how many months has CT been delayed

Moh
21-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Any people still belive its going to open in Summer.

GommeInc
21-03-2008, 09:16 PM
About time they gave an explaination, but better late than never I guess. They should of made it like a profile site while the client is being made.

kk.
21-03-2008, 09:22 PM
its where its 3d but you cannot rotate or pan apparently lol.

yeh its good they have admitted it :)

21-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't think people should be negative about them because they really are trying. Habbo was probly set back many times, but we just didnt know about them at the time so no one could rant on about it, and i think this is where they have gone wrong, they should have kept it quiet until they were ready to release. Justine is pumping in loads of money into this project and they cant give up unless they get a return otherwise she will be stuffed.

MattyBoy
21-03-2008, 09:40 PM
When it reaches the summer it will say 'End of a era'

Decode
21-03-2008, 09:55 PM
its where its 3d but you cannot rotate or pan apparently lol.

yeh its good they have admitted it :)
Then thats 2D :)

Neil
21-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Then thats 2D :)

2.5D is when it's 2D characters in a 3D environment

Like Paper Mario

I think it can also be 3D characters in a 2D environment but I'm not sure

Mr.Sam
21-03-2008, 09:58 PM
oh wow, if it delays again after that it'll be almost a year delayed?

wasn't it originally supposed to open in November last year?

@xP
21-03-2008, 10:12 PM
No suprises there. Will it ever open i wonder.

Pyroka
21-03-2008, 10:59 PM
im not gonna question it really. he said summer, and until summer hits im not going to judge the progress.

when summer does hit though, try and hold me back.

Magicalistic
22-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Well done CT for admitting this and Im looking forward to the summer when its released. That explanation goes through everything and they could have easily made an article saying "Because of technical difficulties CT will open in summer" but instead they allowed everyone to gain a more detailed knowledge of what was going on with the client.

:)

e5
22-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Okay, well good luck to club tropica :)

Lubricant
22-03-2008, 09:18 AM

It's 3D graphics without the 360 degree camera!

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2.5D

LouisCollins
22-03-2008, 09:23 AM
LOL, What the hell is 2.5D. You can only get 2D and 3D No you can't. Habbo is 2.5D =/

Pyroka
22-03-2008, 11:18 AM
No you can't. Habbo is 2.5D =/

L-O-L. RETRACT THAT BOY, PLEASE DO.

Kardan
22-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Delayed once again... To be honest I lost interest back in November... It amazes me that people have paid towards it before a client has even open...

They've done very good in getting money however, so fair play :)

Until the client opens though, I don't have anything else to say about them...

LeermCl0ne
22-03-2008, 11:39 AM
We understand 3 months is a long wait

not a bad wait

just come to firms with it a summer launch would be great! tbh coz clubtropica's always sunny? so when your looking at your pc and look outside it'll look the same =)

Neil
22-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Delayed once again... To be honest I lost interest back in November... It amazes me that people have paid towards it before a client has even open...

They've done very good in getting money however, so fair play :)

Until the client opens though, I don't have anything else to say about them...

How is it delayed again? They didn't give any info on when it should be released after the last delay so it's not delayed again we just have more of an idea of when it's actually coming out

lew!
22-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Pfft
it WILL be open in summer, they promise that

Just like they promised it WILL be open this week, that was what, a few months ago.

Neil
22-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Pfft
it WILL be open in summer, they promise that

Just like they promised it WILL be open this week, that was what, a few months ago.

They never promised it would be open this week?

Hazza
22-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Wow you, just...Go away, seriously...Did you even read any of that?

Some people really don't deserve anything good when they act so idiotic
I read why, and then in the summer they'll make exactly the same excuses.
In my opinion, it'll never happen - and thanks for -rep JJ.

Neil
22-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I read why, and then in the summer they'll make exactly the same excuses.
In my opinion, it'll never happen - and thanks for -rep JJ.

How about you wait until summer comes, they explained why they couldn't release it, when summer comes and goes and it's still not out fine complain and act like an idiot all you want but you can't just say "hey the whole company is lying, they're not gonna release CT ever, even with a page of info on why it's still not out"
You can't just assume they're not gonna release it, it makes you look like a complete idiot

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

DJ::Beatz
22-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Club Tropica shoulden't have even been released untill a month before they KNOW the client is ready. Kinda weird that a 13 year old can think of that, but not 30+ year olds.

Johnysk8r
23-03-2008, 12:28 PM
LOLLLLLLLLL

James: SOZ GUYS, I KNOW DAT THE CLIENT IS MEANT TO BE OPENING TODAY BUT WE HAVE A BIG SUPRISE, WE WILL B GOING BACK TO 3D. KEEP IN MIND DIS WILL TAEK ABOUT ANOTHER 8 MONTHS. +3 MONTHS. THX GUYS. WE TRY KEEP U UPDATED. HAI BUT Y NOT BUY SOME ISLAZ

Asher
23-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Another couple of months to alienate the kiddies and beguile them into investing into something that isn't going to happen. scam scam scam.

GommeInc
23-03-2008, 02:09 PM
They should remove any features and pages where you buy something. They have no reason to keep them at the moment.

lew!
24-03-2008, 10:17 PM
They never promised it would be open this week?

not this week this week :P
A few months ago they posted

"Sorry about the delays, and ClubTropica client will be up this week!"

Ofcourse nothing was uploaded that week.

Neil
24-03-2008, 10:20 PM
not this week this week :P
A few months ago they posted

"Sorry about the delays, and ClubTropica client will be up this week!"

Ofcourse nothing was uploaded that week.

Oh yea but they've given us a detailed reason, if they say it'll be open around summer then just deal with it and wait or forget about CT, people can't just say they're not going to open

lew!
24-03-2008, 10:51 PM
thats what i think
Heard these excuses before and eventually the site shut down.

Jinc
25-03-2008, 02:00 AM
I suppose its better than 30 more smaller missed deadlines between now and then. Now we have one big wait, which should definately be the last.

joe088
25-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Its already almot 6months late. Like said its going to be a year late soon.

Jazkee
25-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Suprise Suprise.

end off.

j4k3
12-04-2008, 12:41 AM
We understand 3 months is a long wait

not a bad wait

just come to firms with it a summer launch would be great! tbh coz clubtropica's always sunny? so when your looking at your pc and look outside it'll look the same =)

wow you really are a *Removed*

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Soups
12-04-2008, 03:51 AM
*Removed*, its just abunch of teens havin fun

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter ;).

iChaz
19-04-2008, 12:44 AM
They should remove any features and pages where you buy something. They have no reason to keep them at the moment.
But GommeInc, people might want to purchase isla's to buy items to do up there profile's with..

halo6800
03-06-2008, 09:26 PM
:( long time

Edited by Neil (Forum Moderator): Please do not bump old threads

Paulio
03-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Lmao is this still not open?

It was supposed to be opening months ag wasnt it?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!