PDA

View Full Version : F1 - Malaysia (Qualifying)

Johno
22-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Hey,

Stayed up pretty late last night (this morning) to watch the qualifying, can't believe I fell asleep half way through.

But it seems that Ferrari has clinched Pole after last weeks misfortune, with Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen taking the front line. Then came McLaren taking the second row, with Heikki Kovalainen ahead of Lewis Hamilton.

So whats your thoughts on this? Is this how you expected the line up to be?

(Yeah I haven't mentioned the other teams. You can find out the practice times here: CLICKY (http://www.arabtimesonline.com/kuwaitnews/pagesdetails.asp?nid=14141&ccid=10))

.;; Johno

Aflux
22-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Ferrari, are, fast.

Johno
22-03-2008, 10:08 AM
This wee guy at my school wont stop talking about this on Monday (He adores Kimi, and hates Lewis) People wouldn't stop talking about how "crap" Kimi was :P

Last week, Ferrari had no luck with Kimi (The spin-outs, The engine, The breaks) - It is good to see they have recovered.

.:; Johno

carrick
22-03-2008, 02:23 PM
kovalinen and hamilton have both been moved back 5 places

Jordy
22-03-2008, 02:47 PM
kovalinen and hamilton have both been moved back 5 placesIt's always McLaren which are penalised, it's pathetic, it happens EVERYTIME Ferrari do badly. My dad simply calls the FIA (Formula 1 governing body) the 'Ferrari international aid' these days :P

CJW93
22-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Hamilton's grid position was bad enough at 4th but know being in 9th place just tops it off for me.
The Fia have issues still Mclaren after last season? F1 is starting to turn out into a politics show not a sport. Ferrari are never satisfied, there the quickest guys out on the track in a class of there own with there main rivals on the second row but its just not good enough for them.
Prey for more reliability problems for Ferrari.

Blue
22-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Sorry, but when did Ferriari complain?
It was Hiedfeld that complained, so what the hell are you on about!?!
Anyway, the better team on the day got pole position, and you can't expect Hamilton to get pole every single race.

StefanCampbell
22-03-2008, 10:20 PM
when the actual race? wht time is it on tonight/this morning lol :P

Aflux
22-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Anyway, the better team on the day got pole position, and you can't expect Hamilton to get pole every single race.
The better car got pole.

I'm sure if, say, Sato was put behind the wheel of a Ferarri - he'd get pole.

Blue
22-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Sato would just go abit crazy and crash it methinks :)

Nereo
22-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Hamilton is the best driver but ferrari are the best car makers

Blue
22-03-2008, 10:46 PM
If Hamilton was the best driver how come his teammate had a better place ey? ;)

Aflux
22-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Sato would just go abit crazy and crash it methinks :)
Sato is just a quiet, conservative driver.

Who would've though Kovalienen would be where he is now - it's only because he's got a McLaren.

Blue
22-03-2008, 10:48 PM
I always though of Sato as quite aggresive, he used to be alright when he first came to F1 I remember, didn't he used to be with Honda?

Aflux
22-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I always though of Sato as quite aggresive, he used to be alright when he first came to F1 I remember, didn't he used to be with Honda?
I don't mean in nature, I mean as in points and places.

I think so yeah.

brandon
22-03-2008, 10:50 PM
when the actual race? wht time is it on tonight/this morning lol :P
ITV is showing it live 6:15am-9:00am
I'll watch it if I'm not asleep.

Aflux
22-03-2008, 10:52 PM
ITV is showing it live 6:15am-9:00am
I'll watch it if I'm not asleep.
My alarm has been set since last week :8

Blue
22-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I would watch it, but I needs the sleep :)

brandon
22-03-2008, 11:01 PM
I hope to catch the last 10 laps. I don't like watching it all because I find it a bit boring, around the last 10 laps are enjoyable though.

Jordy
22-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Anyway, the better team on the day got pole position, and you can't expect Hamilton to get pole every single race.I said if Ferrari are ever doing badly (They have very few points due to last weekend) then the FIA always step in to penalise McLaren, it's been going on for years, it didn't begin last year. However I do agree with what you said about Hamilton, people expect far to much of him now, especially after last weekend. It's ironic how both McLaren's where penalised as per usual :S

Hamilton's grid position was bad enough at 4th but know being in 9th place just tops it off for me.
The Fia have issues still Mclaren after last season? F1 is starting to turn out into a politics show not a sport. Ferrari are never satisfied, there the quickest guys out on the track in a class of there own with there main rivals on the second row but its just not good enough for them.
Prey for more reliability problems for Ferrari.I'm sure Hamilton could of made good use of fourth, a good start could easily get him second, he could also be carrying a lot more fuel which explains his 'not so good' qualifying position, however having more fuel means he can stay out on the track longer while everyone else is pitting. It's a quite common fuelling strategy, however now he's ninth he is in trouble, podium is still a good possibility though.

The better car got pole.

I'm sure if, say, Sato was put behind the wheel of a Ferarri - he'd get pole.You can't say the better car got pole, there's been one race this year so who knows which is the best car, in testing it's been very close and last weekends results are nothing to go on as they where so unpredictable.

If Hamilton was the best driver how come his teammate had a better place ey? ;)Cause one qualifying session doesn't determine who's the best driver does it? It takes a season to establish who the best driver was, and clearly Raikonnen was the best last year as he won despite everything.

I always though of Sato as quite aggresive, he used to be alright when he first came to F1 I remember, didn't he used to be with Honda?Yeah he was with Jordan (Mugen Honda).

Who would've though Kovalienen would be where he is now - it's only because he's got a McLaren.That's very wrong, if you followed his pre-F1 racing career you'd find that he did extremely well and was expected to be a star of the future along with Hamilton and Kubica, them three young driver's are all expected to be future stars. Those predictions where made years ago. It was Kovalanien's first year last year so he didn't do to well, and he was with Renault who had problems, but he's an awesome driver as you'll see tomorrow and over the coming grand prix's, he was incredibly unlucky in Australia.

Aflux
22-03-2008, 11:19 PM
You can't say the better car got pole, there's been one race this year so
who knows which is the best car, in testing it's been very close and last weekends results are nothing to go on as they where so unpredictable.
I can and I shall, lol. Ferrari have the best car, hands down - no-one can deny that Jord ;)

That's very wrong, if you followed his pre-F1 racing career you'd find that he did extremely well and was expected to be a star of the future along with Hamilton and Kubica, them three young driver's are all expected to be future stars. Those predictions where made years ago. It was Kovalanien's first year last year so he didn't do to well, and he was with Renault who had problems, but he's an awesome driver as you'll see tomorrow and over the coming grand prix's, he was incredibly unlucky in Australia.
If he was with McLaren in his first season, undoubtedly he would've done better than he did with Renault.

Filler text.

Blue
22-03-2008, 11:25 PM
I said if Ferrari are ever doing badly (They have very few points due to last weekend) then the FIA always step in to penalise McLaren, it's been going on for years, it didn't begin last year. However I do agree with what you said about Hamilton, people expect far to much of him now, especially after last weekend. It's ironic how both McLaren's where penalised as per usual :S
Because both McLaren's were on the same corner, on the racing line, travelling at 80 kmp/h in fuel saving mode, unfortunately impedeing Heidfeld on his flying lap :)

CJW93
22-03-2008, 11:33 PM
I being a Hamilton fan would just love it if he can get in the points. I cant see Trulli holding on to third place to be honest Hamilton 5th place?
He didn't look comfortable today but int e race he will show his true colors. Hamilton for 5th!

Catzsy
23-03-2008, 12:27 AM
I think the Ferraris are light and expect the Maclarens to come back strongly.
Jenson could also get into the points hopefully. In the rain anything can happen!
Jenson and Hamilton are good in the rain but with no traction control there be maybe no cars left on the circuit. Its going to be an exciting season.

Blue
23-03-2008, 12:29 AM
I think the Ferraris are light and expect the Maclarens to come back strongly.
Jenson could also get into the points hopefully. In the rain anything can happen!
Jenson and Hamilton are good in the rain but with no traction control there be maybe no cars left on the circuit. Its going to be an exciting season.

Ahh, that would be bloody amazing!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!