PDA

View Full Version : Badges / vBulletin

Johnysk8r
23-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I want to add badges to my vBulletin forum.

Eg. MOD, Admin, Senior MOD etc....

How do I do this?
Lol, I suck at vB

Born_To_Live
23-03-2008, 02:48 PM
You have to install a MOD.

vbilletin.org?

Jordan,
23-03-2008, 03:00 PM
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=142487&highlight=yaas

iJoe
23-03-2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=142487&highlight=yaas

thats the one

yet another awards system :)

Johnysk8r
23-03-2008, 10:11 PM
I should have made is clearer.

I want it to go like under there username but then later on I wish to keep the badge there WITH usertitles.

I always thought I had to just go to Usergroup >> Then click a group >> Usertitle

But I don't know, the badges aren't actually working.
What would the code be to actually put the badge in the usertitle, if that is what you do.
Sort of like what they do on Habbos.NET with there Premium badges and HabboxForum with there Habbox VIP badges

QuickScriptz
23-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I should have made is clearer.

I want it to go like under there username but then later on I wish to keep the badge there WITH usertitles.

I always thought I had to just go to Usergroup >> Then click a group >> Usertitle

But I don't know, the badges aren't actually working.
What would the code be to actually put the badge in the usertitle, if that is what you do.
Sort of like what they do on Habbos.NET with there Premium badges and HabboxForum with there Habbox VIP badges

What you're looking for is called "Ranks". In the vBulletin Admin CP you can go under the "Ranks" tab (I think that's what it's called) and then you should be able to "Add A New Rank" and when you create a new rank you can put in the URL of the image to use as the ranks badge. You can also setup promotions so that for instance if a user has 250 posts then their badge may turn into a silver star rather than a bronze one.

I'm sure if you checked the vBulletin website/support section you could find some more detailed guides to help you along :)

Johnysk8r
24-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Thanks Scriptz!

I appreciate it +rep

Johnysk8r
24-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Do I have to first upload the image to my cPanel or something.

Someone make a tutorial on how I do this, LOL. please:P

DanielJohnx]
24-03-2008, 10:53 AM
I think you need to put the image on a hoster then put the code in the url section

Need help PM and i'll give u a hand

Snex
24-03-2008, 12:09 PM
You may understand this however it was rushed.

http://www.habforum.com/rushtut.gif

Johnysk8r
24-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks Snex,

In the area 'OR you may enter text' I was adding the URL of the image. It would show up with the badge in the AdminCP but it didn't actually go under the administrators name as I set it for an admin. I think it wasn't working because I didn't put the image into my server in the /image folder
Anyway, thanks :) +rep

Snex
24-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks Snex,

In the area 'OR you may enter text' I was adding the URL of the image. It would show up with the badge in the AdminCP but it didn't actually go under the administrators name as I set it for an admin. I think it wasn't working because I didn't put the image into my server in the /image folder
Anyway, thanks :) +rep
No problem.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!