PDA

View Full Version : Panic At The Disco - Pretty. Odd.

Mickster
23-03-2008, 05:25 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51mteZuw-8L._AA240_.jpg

Well, the new album is out tomorrow in the UK, but the album has been leaked onto youtube already. If you are impatient, you can listen to it on this account:

http://www.youtube.com/user/fakesmiley

Post your comments, but don't just say 'OMG! Panic are crap now and where did the ! go?'

I personally love the new direction, but it will be a shame to lose the old Panic(!), considering 'Fever...' is a fantastic album.

My favourite track from the new album is probably 'When the Day Met the Night', the chorus is just fantastic, but musically rather than lyrically.

My other favourite is probably 'That Green Gentleman' for reasons I can't explain - it's just good.

My opinion? FLAWLESS. Full of catchy tracks and great lyrics, not to mention the artwork on the album cover, which wouldnt look out of place in a museum! That concludes my mini-review, please reply.

Charlie
23-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I like She's A Handsome Woman, That Green Gentlemen, From A Mountain and Nine In The Afternoon. I think they are all pretty good songs, as for the others I haven't really had a proper listen of them yet

Energizer
23-03-2008, 05:28 PM
other than nine in the afternoon, i think it's pretty crap tbh.

Pyroka
23-03-2008, 05:28 PM
They're all awesome to me. Some though, they just... They're not that noticeable.

The Undertaker
23-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Tbh, I don't really like the album. Mad as rabbits and She's a handsome woman are the best songs. The rest is kinda rubbish imo.

Mitch4?
23-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Theres a few in there that you'll like, but only when you're listening to them.
I prefer panic's fast paced songs mixed in the with the slow parts.

samsaBEAR
23-03-2008, 05:51 PM
ive listend through once, so i cant name any good tracks.
however, to call it flaweless is stupid. every song sounds the same. its a boring album.

YoManGo!
23-03-2008, 06:10 PM
i heard that from a good music fan's view theyve got much better

but i didnt believe them

-:Undertaker:-
23-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I have just listened to 'Pas de Cheval' and it's amazing :)

abnormal
23-03-2008, 06:18 PM
haha.
i was listening to fakesmiley before i saw this.
xD

yh. i love it. i love Northern Downpour

Mitch4?
23-03-2008, 06:20 PM
2, 7, and 9 are my favourite.
the rest are meh..

Pyroka
23-03-2008, 07:05 PM
i love northern downpour, nine in the afternoon, green gentleman, do you know what im seeing, shes a handsome woman & mad as rabbits. we're so starving is also pretty awesome.

rest im not TOO fussed on.

Sharpsterz
23-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Nine in the afternoon is good

RedStratocas
23-03-2008, 07:40 PM
i heard that from a good music fan's view theyve got much better

but i didnt believe them

i'd believe it. i mean, their first album is pretty bad, it'd be hard to make one worse.

whats weird about panic is that they've pretty much got the greatest taste ever in music, but dont sound anything like their influences (other than fall out boy). they worship radiohead, love the shins and tom waits and said that they all went through a beach boys phase recently. if you told me an unnamed band had these influences i'd tell you to burn me a copy immediatly, but they don't sound anything like that.

i haven't given this album a listen. maybe i will tonight, then i'll have a legitimate post on this thread.

omgitslily
24-03-2008, 12:40 AM
i've only really listened to the songs once each. And it sounded alright, obviously it was a lot to get used to but I might consider buying the album cause I think it could be a grower.

Tbh
24-03-2008, 04:20 AM
my cd got delivered on the 21st aha :D

i LOVE when the day met the night & Folkin' Around

:]

Mickster
24-03-2008, 02:21 PM
my cd got delivered on the 21st aha :D

i LOVE when the day met the night & Folkin' Around

:]

You are the only one who likes the same as me. :P

Tbh
24-03-2008, 02:30 PM
You are the only one who likes the same as me. :P
thats cause were obv the only cool 'uns ;)

aha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!