Galaxay
24-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Mhm someone got onto 088!'s account lulz

Chill
24-03-2008, 10:25 AM
epic lulz im there

---MAD---
24-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Not sure why its funny. I have banned him on hxf now :).

Chill
24-03-2008, 10:38 AM
088! been hacked lol its chaos in there

Inseriousity.
24-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Shame. All of the hard work from the help desk is gone because of one idiotic hacker :(

Shrlurp
24-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Shame. All of the hard work from the help desk is gone because of one idiotic hacker :(
Agreed, I hope he rots :)

This doesn't affect the team, we will just become better.

shizzle
24-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Thats sad, he should be more careful.

LMAO, they are still trashing atm.

EDIT 2:

HxHD-T are just watching this happening?

benjamin
24-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Not really 'gone', the room can be easily rebuilt.. It was hardly a masterpiece.

Thats sad, he should be more careful.

LMAO, they are still trashing atm.

EDIT 2:

HxHD-T are just watching this happening?

What can you expect trialists to do? They have no power, no rights etc.

Galaxay
24-03-2008, 11:09 AM
it takes 2 minutes to sort it, but no point cause he still has the account and can come back and retrash it.

IRBlueMoon
24-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Wasn't there a kid on here the other say saying 'I'm going to make HxHD look like a jokes' and everyone laughed in his face? All I can say if it was him, I think he should come on here and laugh at everyone who laughed at him.

Galaxay
24-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Why do you think that kids been taken care of ;)

IRBlueMoon
24-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Called a proxy... make a new account, and then gloat.

le harry
24-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Wasn't there a kid on here the other say saying 'I'm going to make HxHD look like a jokes' and everyone laughed in his face? All I can say if it was him, I think he should come on here and laugh at everyone who laughed at him.

oh yeah lol

shizzle
24-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Not really 'gone', the room can be easily rebuilt.. It was hardly a masterpiece.

What can you expect trialists to do? They have no power, no rights etc.
I know that, I'm saying that they not preventing it from happening.

benjamin
24-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah but how can they?
I know that, I'm saying that they not preventing it from happening.

shizzle
24-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Yeah but how can they?
Calling in other members with rights.

benjamin
24-03-2008, 11:38 AM
And how do you know they didn't? They have consoles which remain private and you can't see that.

Anyway this could go on forever so I'm gunna stop now.
Calling in other members with rights.

timROGERS
24-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Just so you know, we were all called by trialists so we came down to sort it out :)

carrick
24-03-2008, 11:41 AM
nintendonews is next victim

Dan2nd
24-03-2008, 11:41 AM
I know it can be fixed but it's still really annoying when your room gets trashed urrg well done Tim for sorting it out lol.

jrh2002
24-03-2008, 12:30 PM

The big question you should be asking is how did this happen?
Was it the staff members fault?
Do you really want help and safety advice off people who cant look after their own accounts?

Its a very bad day for HxHD.

timROGERS
24-03-2008, 12:32 PM
jrh,

We don't know the cause of this yes, but he have some ideas and we have been told things. The current picture seems to show that it is only partly the staff member's fault, if at all.

Independent
24-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Do you really want help and safety advice off people who cant look after their own accounts?

Sound's like a news report :P

jrh2002
24-03-2008, 12:41 PM
jrh,

We don't know the cause of this yes, but he have some ideas and we have been told things. The current picture seems to show that it is only partly the staff member's fault, if at all.

The only way i see it is not the staff members fault is if a habbo staff member has been hacked and they have stolen the account/s.

Favourtism
24-03-2008, 12:41 PM

From what I have heard there are ways of hakcing now that are totally not the victims fault.

Besides, your point is true but even Habbo Moderators have been hacked.

le harry
24-03-2008, 12:44 PM
From what I have heard there are ways of hakcing now that are totally not the victims fault.

Someone said (I think 088) that he got there emails and he hacked whatever was used for that email.

jrh2002
24-03-2008, 12:46 PM

If there are ways of getting accounts because of habbo they need to close it down right away until its fixed.

The only time my account was ever accessed was due to habbo staff being hacked :s they even removed hobbas over the 'Security Risk' lol
I would fire anybody at habbo who got hacked because they are idiots and should never have been allowed the job in the first place.

Inseriousity.
24-03-2008, 02:21 PM

It could have been anything. I'm actually not good at technical stuff (hence why I don't apply for Safety X lmao). Despite that, I've never been hacked. Probably not deemed worthy enough! :P

Anyway yeah, could have been keylogger on a website (not the staff members fault). I'm just assuming keylogger because I don't think someone who works in a help desk would fall for the 'OOH LOOK, IF YOU TYPE YOUR PASSWORD, IT COMES OUT ****' type of thing...
and yeah, you can contradict me but like I say, my technical knowledge is lame. :(

oh and for those who say it can be rebuilt etc... it can be rebuilt but it still happened. It shouldn't have happened though and as jrh rightly says 'who wants advice from someone who can't protect their own accounts?' so it might damage the reputation of HXHD therefore meaning all of the hard work is ruined.

joe088
24-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Someone said (I think 088) that he got there emails and he hacked whatever was used for that email.

A while ago someone some how got hold of everyones details from HxHD and posted them on *****, dont know where he got jakes from. He must have got our details from there. From that he phoned hotmail to get our msn recoveries changed and back up eamils etc then managed to change our habbo pass's and emails and then do the same to our habbox.com habboxforum and my habboxworld passwords. And its escalated from there.

To the post above about all the hard work being ruined, it certainly might be. Ive worked at HxHD since 06 and nintendonews since 04 I think so ye we certainly dont want that to happen.

Inseriousity.
24-03-2008, 02:23 PM
A while ago someone some how got hold of everyones details from HxHD and posted them on *****, dont know where he got jakes from. He must have got our details from there. From that he phoned hotmail to get our msn recoveries changed and back up eamils etc then managed to change our habbo pass's and emails and then do the same to our habbox.com habboxforum and my habboxworld passwords. And its escalated from there.

Why did you use your MSN address for everything??

oh and I'm sorry to hear about you being hacked :( *scraps keylogger idea*

Charlie
24-03-2008, 02:24 PM
The help desk seems to be going down rapidly, because it always seems like its either empty or full of people who are just abusing and trashing now it seems. I mean, that's just from what I've seen it could be better then what I've said but it doesn't seem to be doing that well.

And, it's pathetic that someone trashed it, what exactly does a person achieve from ruining a room on a game?

Kardan
24-03-2008, 03:03 PM
It will always been the hacked account's fault unless a staff member was hacked or housekeeping was got into.

For example in this one 088! shouldn't have used hotmail for his email account. Hotmail is the least secure email provider I know... All it takes is a secret question and you have somebody's account...

"What's your pets name?"
"Steve".

Or they can just search forum posts, it's really unsafe...

And I can't see how it's a bad day for HxHD, it's been a bad day since DJ-3000 stopped owning it... I never see any staff in there nowadays except for Immenseman and the room is always on green...

Back in the days you could find everyone on Hbbox in there and the room was always full... Meh.

immense
24-03-2008, 03:07 PM
It will always been the hacked account's fault unless a staff member was hacked or housekeeping was got into.

For example in this one 088! shouldn't have used hotmail for his email account. Hotmail is the least secure email provider I know... All it takes is a secret question and you have somebody's account...

"What's your pets name?"
"Steve".

And I can't see how it's a bad day for HxHD, it's been a bad day since DJ-3000 stopped owning it... I never see any staff in there nowadays except for Immenseman and the room is always on green...

Back in the days you could find everyone on Hbbox in there and the room was always full... Meh.

Yeah, it must have been my fault that my hxf and hx accounts got hacked, somewhere down the line I slipped up. Even if that was just accepting his email adress to my list. HxHD has been doing a lot better lately, since I resigned, hahah. Nah, it's quite often busy these last few weeks. :)

joe088
24-03-2008, 03:08 PM
I dont know why everyone is assuming things because of today?
The desk is normally always green and different points through the days is either yellor or orange for several hours. Obviously its not always going to be full. Help desks arent what they were 2 years ago. It is still one of the most popular desks on habbo. And people saying its gone down hill since dj-3000 left. How long ago was that 3 years ago and its rapidly gone down to what it is now. Tbh compared to the desk now and 3 years ago going down hill rapidly i wouldnt say that.

Kardan
24-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Yeah, it must have been my fault that my hxf and hx accounts got hacked, somewhere down the line I slipped up. Even if that was just accepting his email adress to my list. HxHD has been doing a lot better lately, since I resigned, hahah. Nah, it's quite often busy these last few weeks. :)

If you're talking about your msn/hotmail account then yes, you did slip up. If you accepted him he has your email and all he needs is your secret question answer.

All it takes is to search throigh forum posts, he can say something like "Lets play a game :D or Share facts :D" or he can just simply ask you...

And Joe, it hasn't gone down hill rapidly, it's gone down hill over time. I haven't seen it yellow or orange for years... I remember back in February 2007 it was always green when I visited and how can it be one of the most popular help desks? I don't see any help desks around anymore... They're a thing of the past with all these habbo groups going around now. And I haven't came up with this because of all these hackings, it's been like this for a while now, I just haven't had the need to bring it up :D

immense
24-03-2008, 03:22 PM
If you're talking about your msn/hotmail account then yes, you did slip up. If you accepted him he has your email and all he needs is your secret question answer.

All it takes is to search throigh forum posts, he can say something like "Lets play a game :D or Share facts :D" or he can just simply ask you...

And Joe, it hasn't gone down hill rapidly, it's gone down hill over time. I haven't seen it yellow or orange for years... I remember back in February 2007 it was always green when I visited and how can it be one of the most popular help desks? I don't see any help desks around anymore... They're a thing of the past with all these habbo groups going around now. And I haven't came up with this because of all these hackings, it's been like this for a while now, I just haven't had the need to bring it up :D

I dont think he got me through my secret question because you would need to know their postcode? I defintely haven't given that out. I think its email reverting however I have no idea what that is let alone how it works, lol. He just gets all tutorials off ***** he is incapable of doing anything for himself.

Dan2nd
24-03-2008, 03:22 PM

"What's your pets name?"
"Steve".

If you have a .co.uk Hotmail address you have to provide you Postcode aswell as your secret question now ... ;)

It was orange last night and the night before and now.... =]

Dan2nd
24-03-2008, 03:23 PM
opps double posted

Galaxay
24-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Its always yellow, sometimes orange.

jrh2002
24-03-2008, 03:34 PM
It could have been anything. I'm actually not good at technical stuff (hence why I don't apply for Safety X lmao). Despite that, I've never been hacked. Probably not deemed worthy enough! :P

Anyway yeah, could have been keylogger on a website (not the staff members fault). I'm just assuming keylogger because I don't think someone who works in a help desk would fall for the 'OOH LOOK, IF YOU TYPE YOUR PASSWORD, IT COMES OUT ****' type of thing...
and yeah, you can contradict me but like I say, my technical knowledge is lame. :(

oh and for those who say it can be rebuilt etc... it can be rebuilt but it still happened. It shouldn't have happened though and as jrh rightly says 'who wants advice from someone who can't protect their own accounts?' so it might damage the reputation of HXHD therefore meaning all of the hard work is ruined.

I think anybody who picks up a keylogger has only themselves to blame. There are lots of ways to pick up a keyloger and some peoplke are very sneaky of how they keylog you but you should try and avoid getting in that position. People can mask certain files with different extensions so you think you are just recieving an image but with that image you have also accepted something far worse.

A good thing has come from this and that is all the people not affected should be running about making themselves more secure :)
I have spent the last 2 hours securing everything that I have been to lazy to do recently :p

Lee
24-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Well, its sorted now, everybodys happy, sunny day, birds singing ect. So ye

immense
24-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Well, its sorted now, everybodys happy, sunny day, birds singing ect. So ye

I still can't get my msn account and until I get that I can't get my habboxforum account. :(

Wootzeh
24-03-2008, 04:10 PM
If you have a .co.uk Hotmail address you have to provide you Postcode aswell as your secret question now ... ;)

It was orange last night and the night before and now.... =]
Jus so you know, you still only need a secret question :)

Dan2nd
24-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Jus so you know, you still only need a secret question :)

well when I had to recover my Hotmail account a couple of months ago I had to put in my Postcode and the answer to my secret question =]

Wootzeh
24-03-2008, 04:13 PM
well when I had to recover my Hotmail account a couple of months ago I had to put in my Postcode and the answer to my secret question =]
https://accountservices.msn.com/uiresetpw.srf?lc=2057&id=2
What about there? :P

immense
24-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Same, from when I tried to get mine back today I needed my postcode.

Edit; Never mind, just read post above :P.

Dan2nd
24-03-2008, 04:20 PM
https://accountservices.msn.com/uiresetpw.srf?lc=2057&id=2
What about there? :P

Your right :O thats stupid I usally get redirected to this one

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?mkt=EN%2DUS&ru=https%3A%2F%2Flogin%2Elive%2Ecom%2Flogin%2Esrf% 3Flc%3D1033%26wa%3Dwsignin1%2E0%26rpsnv%3D10%26ct% 3D1206375533%26rver%3D4%2E5%2E2130%2E0%26wp%3DMBI% 26wreply%3Dhttp%3A%252F%252Fmail%2Elive%2Ecom%252F default%2Easpx%26id%3D64855%26bk%3D1206375533%26lc %3D1033%26vv%3D550&lc=1033

Thats a major flaw in hotmail's security =l

Neversoft
24-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Not sure why its funny. I have banned him on hxf now :).

Safety ban I hope. He didn't do anything wrong.

nintendonews is next victim

I heard ZL2 was next.

Kardan
24-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Your right :O thats stupid I usally get redirected to this one

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?mkt=EN%2DUS&ru=https%3A%2F%2Flogin%2Elive%2Ecom%2Flogin%2Esrf% 3Flc%3D1033%26wa%3Dwsignin1%2E0%26rpsnv%3D10%26ct% 3D1206375533%26rver%3D4%2E5%2E2130%2E0%26wp%3DMBI% 26wreply%3Dhttp%3A%252F%252Fmail%2Elive%2Ecom%252F default%2Easpx%26id%3D64855%26bk%3D1206375533%26lc %3D1033%26vv%3D550&lc=1033

Thats a major flaw in hotmail's security =l

Yep, if you know where to go it makes accounts less safe, hence why hotmail is crap.

Dan2nd
24-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Yep, if you know where to go it makes accounts less safe, hence why hotmail is crap.

Lol Yeah I guess luckily for me my secret question answer is nothing to do with the question so meh

immense
24-03-2008, 04:27 PM
If hotmail isn't very good, what one shall I use, yahoo? gmail?

joe088
24-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Thats what i was thinking ^

Dan2nd
24-03-2008, 04:28 PM
I heard Gmail is quite good... or you could just use a second hotmail account and not tell anyone about it

Hayd93
24-03-2008, 04:33 PM
myself i use my 1 with my domain and if it is ever taken ove ri can get it back my self by going into cpanel and changing pass again

Pyroka
24-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm going to say one thing on hackings:

Get protected.

As for the trashing, im sure HxHD aren't that dumb as to not record their stickies and all that stuff. They're not stupid I'm sure.

MissAlice
24-03-2008, 04:42 PM

I always recommend yahoo but gmail is good too :)

immense
24-03-2008, 04:44 PM
I always recommend yahoo but gmail is good too :)

I heard Gmail is quite good... or you could just use a second hotmail account and not tell anyone about it

Thanks to you both, I would +rep you but it wouldn't do much, lol.

Dan2nd
24-03-2008, 04:49 PM
don't worry Jake you'll just be in eternal debt thats all

Meti
24-03-2008, 04:57 PM
anyone got screenie?

Pyroka
24-03-2008, 05:03 PM
I use Orange mail... never failed me once. In the end, all you need is to be on the ball and not accept or download malicious files from people you dont know that well on MSN, or download things off websites related to habbo.

My opinion.

joe088
24-03-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm going to say one thing on hackings:

Get protected.

As for the trashing, im sure HxHD aren't that dumb as to not record their stickies and all that stuff. They're not stupid I'm sure.
WE dont record them but we know them all off by heart and have everything stored in the forum so thats ok :)

---MAD---
24-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't think its hotmail per say. I think if people use strong security answers for their security questions like they do for their passwords (or should be doing) then they should be fine. I doubt theres a big security hole in hotmail and microsoft didn't patch it ;).

immense
24-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Well seeing as my security answer is nothing to do with the question, nothing at all i'm pretty sure they didn't get in that way, 99% sure. If they phoned up hotmail services to gain access to my account then there's nothing I can do except not have my habbox stuff linked to the adress I give to friends which obviously I won't anymore.

Pyroka
24-03-2008, 05:39 PM
WE dont record them but we know them all off by heart and have everything stored in the forum so thats ok :)

So you don't have a record of the names of your staff on the forums? >_> That'd usually be what you need more than anything... Good to know you know your stuff though.

I don't think its hotmail per say. I think if people use strong security answers for their security questions like they do for their passwords (or should be doing) then they should be fine. I doubt theres a big security hole in hotmail and microsoft didn't patch it ;).

Agreed. There isn't a security hole at all, it's just a bruter who managed to guess Jake's security question.

Well seeing as my security answer is nothing to do with the question, nothing at all i'm pretty sure they didn't get in that way, 99% sure. If they phoned up hotmail services to gain access to my account then there's nothing I can do except not have my habbox stuff linked to the adress I give to friends which obviously I won't anymore.

Here's what you should do: NShbduhasdher332#aew[212]';DSfa\ as your security question, ok? :)

joe088
24-03-2008, 05:44 PM
So you don't have a record of the names of your staff on the forums? >_> That'd usually be what you need more than anything... Good to know you know your stuff though.

Ye, I know all the staff off by heart, im not sure about tim. Even if we didnt know them they are all in the HxHD forum.

Mrs.McCall
24-03-2008, 05:44 PM
I think this is a big blunder on Hotmail's side if they did phone up to access Jake's email. It is also a blunder on the site of the people who were hacked because the hacker must've had some good prior knowledge of your lives to guess your questions.

That being said, I believe it is pathetic to do such a thing for the sake of trying to scupper a Habbo fansite! I mean, Habbox is just a bit of fun and people keep trying to take that way from us?

I have 5 different email address for different websites. I'd suggest other people do the same because it's harder that way! My opinion anyway :)

Kardan
24-03-2008, 05:50 PM
I use Gmail and it's amazing. I've had my current account for two years now and I've not deleted a single message since the day I got it... All together I have 1,434 emails but:

You are currently using 48 MB (0%) of your 6552 MB.

So the space is good and so is the security. I know you can't get into the account without providing tons of information :)

Also the lack of spam is amazing... I've only had about 15 spam emails over my two years :)

joe088
24-03-2008, 05:50 PM
,Ive emailed habbo as a parent and im trying to get my acc bk like that and i am going to phone them in the morning. If i get it back im going to create an account for my habbo n habbox stuff.

Prick
24-03-2008, 06:20 PM
LOL hillarious!!!

MissAlice
24-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I have 5 different email address for different websites. I'd suggest other people do the same because it's harder that way! My opinion anyway :)

Great advice, also keep the email address's private, unknown to anyone other than the purpose it's used for and certainly don't use any of them for messenger.

Galaxay
24-03-2008, 07:24 PM
I use domain, cause if someone hacks its their screwed as i'll just change the pass, but the spam on webmail stuffs appauling. Also nothing links to my own domain other than this hxf a/c :P

Meti
24-03-2008, 07:25 PM
if they got hacked, all 088's furni would have been gone :S

Galaxay
24-03-2008, 07:26 PM
He'snot hackign for the furni, hacking to prove a point.

AgnesIO
24-03-2008, 07:27 PM
i dont see why people donate to 088, it is his fault he was hacked...

immense
24-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Great advice, also keep the email address's private, unknown to anyone other than the purpose it's used for and certainly don't use any of them for messenger.

I've made two new accounts today so I can do just this. The only way you can benefit from mistakes is adjusting whatever needs to be adjusted to ensure such mistakes don't happen again. I was going to do this a few weeks ago as well, just never got around to it. Only have myself to blame. He was on 088's acount and I stalked him and he picked up some of his HC Sofas then said he can't be bothered and put them back down.

CALLUMisbanned
24-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Liam (typhoon) from ***** posted the hotmail link so you don't need post code. It doesn't work with US because of the states, but works for UK.

Simple recovery question guessing - I've just got a new pet, I don't know what to call her, what did you name your first pet? Etc.

Make sure your habbo account isn't linked with your real messenger account and keep it secret with weird passwords like 6kos9xko0.

immense
24-03-2008, 07:53 PM
That's the weird thing my secret question answer is nothing to do with the question, it was something completely random to prevent exactly this from happening.

N!ck
24-03-2008, 07:58 PM
It's not hacking though. More guessing a password sort of thing which is known as cracking.

Pyroka
24-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Liam (typhoon) from ***** posted the hotmail link so you don't need post code. It doesn't work with US because of the states, but works for UK.

Simple recovery question guessing - I've just got a new pet, I don't know what to call her, what did you name your first pet? Etc.

Make sure your habbo account isn't linked with your real messenger account and keep it secret with weird passwords like 6kos9xko0.

LOL How did I know Typhoon had SOME involvement in this.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!