PDA

View Full Version : DesignsArea.Com [Project]

Kieran
25-03-2008, 01:11 PM
I purchased this domain last year but never bothered doing anything with it. I think now is the time to do something before it runs out =)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DesignsArea
DesignsArea will be a website layout and graphical images portfolio site where users are able to upload their own content and sell it through the website. The user will decide what cost to put the images/layout on for and DesignsArea will take a certain percentage for selling it on behalf of the user. Each image can be selected to be unique (Sold only once on the site) or available to be sold more than once. The user will be able to select how frequently they want paying.

How will it work?
The user will register on DesignsArea and submit their layout/images for review. If they are accepted, they will be watermarked and placed in the necessary category depending upon what it is. Registered users can then come along and view these designs and if they want to, purchase them. Buyers will pay via Paypal into the DesignsArea's Paypal account. Records will be kept and a statement provided to each seller to ensure they are receving their full amount. At whatever time period the seller selects their money will be sent to their Paypal account

How will it be coded and designed?
The layout will be designed by me and possibly some other members help in Photoshop and possibly to an extent in Flash. The majority of the coding will be done in PHP.

Recruiting?
At the moment, no. I am aiming to get the coding completed and layout designed before I intend taking on members of staff.

Time frame?
I am aiming to have the first version of the layout created by the 7th April. This gives me plenty of time to ensure it is an appealing layout. After all, it has to be good to be able to sell other layouts and images! The coding will obviously take longer than this period of time, but I will aim to have it up and running sometime mid May. I am not going to give a more definite date until closer to the time.

I think I have included enough detail for now but if you want to chip in with ideas/suggestions please feel free to either PM me or post here and I'll be happy to look them over.

Moved by Hitman (Forum Moderator) from Designing & Development: Please post in the correct forum next time, thanks. :)

Plux
25-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Sounds great, good luck with it.

kk.
25-03-2008, 02:25 PM
good idea. similar to http://www.psdlayouts.com/ then. im sure there is a site that does this but cant think of it.

Klydo
25-03-2008, 03:22 PM
good idea. similar to http://www.psdlayouts.com/ then. im sure there is a site that does this but cant think of it.
SitePoint?

Yeah good idea but it's already been done, and SitePoint basically rules it all.

Kieran
25-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Its similiar to psdlayouts but that is just for psd layouts. This is for images and all types of layouts.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!