PDA

View Full Version : New Habbo Book is to cost £350!

Xarea
25-03-2008, 03:57 PM
In response to the thread about the new Habbo book, here is the confirmed price:

Hi,

Thank you for your interest. The book has 250 pages of information on teenagers, their interests, values, attitudes, online habits, social media usage, consumption behavior and brand preferences. The book does not present information on Habbo specifically, but teenager behavior in general and their online and games usage.

The book will be out in the beginning of April, the price is 475 euros + shipping costs. If you want to place an order already, please send the company info and address including billing information to [email protected]

Best regards,
Emmi Kuusikko

brapp
25-03-2008, 03:59 PM
who'd pay 350 quid for a *Removed* book? especially a book about *Removed* habbo

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.

--ss--
25-03-2008, 04:03 PM
who'd pay 350 quid for a *Removed* book? especially a book about *Removed* habbo

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.
Did you not read the actual post?

The books not about Habbo , it's about market research for teenagers showing you all their interests, habits and facts. The sample chosen for this reason was all the users of Habbo hotel.

Also I bet several people in big companies would pay for a book like this as they may need market research and this book would have done it all for them.

Can't believe they're going to make thousands out of a survey people filled in for free.

Zebroid
25-03-2008, 04:03 PM
u whaat!!?

myke
25-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Did you not read the actual post?

The books not about Habbo , it's about market research for teenagers showing you all their interests, habits and facts. The sample chosen for this reason was all the users of Habbo hotel.

Also I bet several people in big companies would pay for a book like this as they may need market research and this book would have done it all for them.

Can't believe they're going to make thousands out of a survey people filled in for free.

I'm not sure if that's allowed tbh... hmm :S

e5
25-03-2008, 04:08 PM
I don't think i'd be getting that, not even if it was free :P

Hazza
25-03-2008, 04:09 PM
LOLLLLLLLLL.
only addicts would buy that.. whether its about Habbo or not.
:/

brapp
25-03-2008, 04:09 PM
I don't think i'd be getting that, not even if it was free :P

rly ? i'd of thought ud have pre-ordered it :S:S

Hitman
25-03-2008, 04:12 PM
LOLLLLLLLLL.
:/Why?

It's for companies to see what teenagers like, such as music, films and what ages like a certain thing.

I think many companies that do products/sites for teens will buy it.

Pyroka
25-03-2008, 04:12 PM
I would buy it, since that sort of marketing interests me. Shame I don't have the money & it costs a bit much.

e5
25-03-2008, 04:14 PM
rly ? i'd of thought ud have pre-ordered it :S:S
:'( You've shown my true identity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brapp
25-03-2008, 04:14 PM
:'( You've shown my true identity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not rly, everyone already knows ur obsessed.

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Wizard
25-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Pre-ordered mine last week! :rolleyes:

Hazza
25-03-2008, 04:16 PM
It doesn't state nothing about companies - But nice point.

iJoe
25-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Surely they can't sell stuff people have filled out without telling them it will be published / not giving them anything

PaulMacC
25-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Pre-ordered.

lew!
25-03-2008, 06:25 PM
O NO ITS COLLECTABLE I CAN MAKE A COLLECTSHUN ND SEL IT ON EBAY 4 MILZ

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly ;).

25-03-2008, 07:42 PM
someones bound to buy it..

Jazkee
25-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Surely they can't sell stuff people have filled out without telling them it will be published / not giving them anything

They might of got a group and told them, like when some annoying person ask you to do a survey in town :@

GhostFace-
25-03-2008, 07:46 PM
id never pay over 10$ for a book :rolleyes:

cunning
25-03-2008, 07:51 PM
I think companies who deal with teens would buy it. It's that survay people did, took a long time to answer, and they didn't offer nothing for it. I wasn't going to do it anyways, it was too long.

Jazkee
25-03-2008, 07:53 PM
I think companies who deal with teens would buy it. It's that survay people did, took a long time to answer, and they didn't offer nothing for it. I wasn't going to do it anyways, it was too long.

i swear i did something like that took me agggggggesssss

Clowgon
25-03-2008, 09:00 PM
God, I better Get My Cheque Book Out:P

Lol But Seriously, Who In The World whould Buy a Book For £300 +. When This Gets Out, Im Sure This "Book" Will Become Public. GUARANTEED

25-03-2008, 09:04 PM
God, I better Get My Cheque Book Out:P

Lol But Seriously, Who In The World whould Buy a Book For £300 +. When This Gets Out, Im Sure This "Book" Will Become Public. GUARANTEED

what

its already been said its not for public sale
and this book is for companies doing research... :eusa_wall nuhhh

and stay away from your shift key plz

Kyle
25-03-2008, 09:08 PM
e5 and cha!ngang have raided their piggy banks and can now afford it

so they asked us to fill in the survey for free so they could make money out of us

and apparently 10% of the people who filled it in recieved 50 credits

but I think they scammed us there aswell

let's sue

Ardemax
25-03-2008, 09:40 PM
LOLLLLLLLLL.
:/

What, and you're saying spending 20 hours on the computer each day isn't?

GommeInc
26-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Pointless book. What do teens like? Anything and everything. What do teens do? Anything and everything. It's a book that'll be filled with generalisations on the teen culture. If they want to know what a target audience like, ask them "/

iJoe
26-03-2008, 01:01 AM
how many times do people make threads saying, what would you like to see a forum offer, what do you want from a forum etc etc

Companies just turn to this book for all them answers

Markey research is worth a lot of money :) They can see generally what is most popular therefore make a site/product/service about that rather than something generally not popular

benno123
26-03-2008, 02:25 AM
But from those youth surveys, most people just got bored half way through and just put random answers in just for a chance of getting 50 credits.
The information in that book won't even be all that accurate.

That much for a book is stupid, but companies that target the teen audience will be interested in it.

Ardemax
26-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Pointless book. What do teens like? Anything and everything. What do teens do? Anything and everything. It's a book that'll be filled with generalisations on the teen culture. If they want to know what a target audience like, ask them "/

What do teens like? Everything and anything? Are you kidding?
If they ask teens, they're not going to get an all-round response.

But from those youth surveys, most people just got bored half way through and just put random answers in just for a chance of getting 50 credits.
The information in that book won't even be all that accurate.

That much for a book is stupid, but companies that target the teen audience will be interested in it.

Got bored? I highly doubt it.
Even Sulake could spot the fake answers.

Everlong
26-03-2008, 09:49 AM
I doubt its going to cost that much, its not exactly harry potter is it.

Kowther
26-03-2008, 10:11 AM
WOAH! That is a lot of money.

:job2
26-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Marketing reports can cost thousands of pounds sometimes. In business studies at school we have 1 about ice cream and to buy it costs £800!

The reason Habbo do polls and ask us for opinions is so that they can make a book with what teenagers are interested in then sell it to 3rd party companies.

U think that book will sell quite well at that price

Meti
26-03-2008, 11:53 AM
No one will buy that xD Who needs a book like that?
And why does Habbo make a book about teenagers?:S

Fugato
26-03-2008, 02:32 PM
The price is a lie. It's actually £349.59... ^^

I'm going to buy a copy ^^

Kardan
26-03-2008, 02:33 PM
No one will buy that xD Who needs a book like that?
And why does Habbo make a book about teenagers?:S

For other companies that has a teenage target audience :rolleyes:

shizzle
26-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I'll just read some when its released in shops, if interesting might buy.

cunning
26-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Yes, the price is crazy and what's worst is that they allowed everyone to do the survay...It was also a free survay which nobody gained nothing from it.

:job2
26-03-2008, 06:50 PM
If was up to you if you decided to do the survey, and its going to be from more than 1, its properly like 2-3 years worth of polls and surveys. Its not going to be out in the shops you will order it direct from sulake or from a company hired by sulake to sell it. This isnt just a book you can sit and read before you go to bed. Its just facts and figures explaining what teenage audiences are interested in so big companies can target them with products

DarkSquiffy
26-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Why pay that much for a book on.. well kids..?

Elkaa
26-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Why pay that much for a book on.. well kids..?

Companies need this stuff.

This isn't for any of you guys, or any of the users.

Immenseman
26-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Nice, I suppose the people who want it for their business will be more than happy to spend that amount.

Want, not need.

DarkSquiffy
26-03-2008, 07:38 PM

Ohh i get it now lol. I suppose it would be useful but even for companies its still quite expensive.

OhLiam
26-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Was the book based on the surveys we took?

If it was, there making money from us EVEN more?

Hushie
26-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Was the book based on the surveys we took?

If it was, there making money from us EVEN more?

Well they are a business... We're it's customers.

jordang16
27-03-2008, 10:56 AM
There making money out of surveys they asked us to fill in cheeky i want a % of the sales lol

Lee
27-03-2008, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't pay such a rediculous amount of money for something that is related to such a unrelevant thing?

iJoe
27-03-2008, 11:32 AM
I wouldn't pay such a rediculous amount of money for something that is related to such a unrelevant thing?

They dont want YOU to they want companies to and companies will

PriceTags
27-03-2008, 12:18 PM
I'll just read some when its released in shops, if interesting might buy.

It's not going to go in the shops - who'd carry it?! Well if it did go to the shops it'd be no cheaper.

Mounta1nGoat
27-03-2008, 12:33 PM
What's worrying is all these people posting saying that they wuoldn't buy it when they're not expected to buy it. It was from them long surveys that habbo made you didn't have to do them but you had a chance of winning 50 credits. Why are people who work for habbox (excluding a few Elkaa, Immenseman and a few others) not reading the whole thread or even skim reading it and then posting a what everybody else has posted: "I would never buy that it's too expensive" or something along those lines?

Obviously it's not only Habbox staff it's just worrying that lots of staff are doing it too...

Ardemax
27-03-2008, 12:53 PM
There making money out of surveys they asked us to fill in cheeky i want a % of the sales lol

maybe we get free creds lol?

It's not rediculous... *ridiculous... amount of money. It's actually cheap for this thing.
Related to such an unrelevant thing? What are you on about?

Independent
27-03-2008, 03:24 PM
It's the sort of thing buisness's would buy, before making a game or social networking site.. So they know more about theyre audiance, and other information or to improve there current service.

Virgin Mary
28-03-2008, 08:49 AM
So people would actually buy it if it was cheap? Despite the fact it's basically 250 pages on you and your peers.

abnormal
28-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Habbo basically pays you back?

They give you those rooms of free furni and 5 random creds...

Cryptoo
28-03-2008, 03:25 PM
You could buy this book

OR
You can google search for the things that will be in the book

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!