PDA

View Full Version : Help Quick Please

Luno1599
26-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey

ok... can someone please tell me if you can run an SQL database on another server so say there was a web page... on server 1 and the SQL for the site was on server 2 could they be connected so the SQL will work on the site...

Someone said you need to change the host to the IP of the SQL server is this right?

and will it work?

Dan

Moved by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator) from Designing & Development. There is a new forum for this now :)

Hypertext
26-03-2008, 08:41 PM
yeh but you need a domain for instance my mysql is hosted at a seperate server on

mysqlxx.xxxxxx.com

Kieran
26-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Yes you can. Instead of localhost put the ip address of where the SQL server is. Then put the SQL database name, username and password in for that server.

Example:

Servers ip with SQL: 192.168.0.100
Database Name: CpanelUserName_DatabaseName
Database Username: CpanelUserName_DatabaseUserName
Database Password: Password

Hope this helps =)

Robbie
26-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Remember to allow access from the other sites IP though from cPanel.

Luno1599
26-03-2008, 10:32 PM
The issue is SQL is cpanel and the other server isn't cpanel will it still work??

Robbie
26-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Yes it should do.

Luno1599
26-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Ok how do u set the cpanel server to accept the web server??

Dentafrice
26-03-2008, 11:38 PM
yeh but you need a domain for instance my mysql is hosted at a seperate server on

mysqlxx.xxxxxx.com

No you don't.. you can use an IP address.

Remember to allow access from the other sites IP though from cPanel.

That is a major thing!

The issue is SQL is cpanel and the other server isn't cpanel will it still work??

Yes.

Ok how do u set the cpanel server to accept the web server??

Go to MySQL Databases > should see a place near the bottom entitled: Access Hosts, enter the IP of the "webserver" that will host the webpages.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!