PDA

View Full Version : How many planets in the solar system???

Annihillating
13-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Peeps does any1 no how many planets there are in the solar system coz i'v heard there are 11 but me m8s keep telling me that there are 9 so wot is it 9, 10, or 11

Kaya
13-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is it 9!?

infatuation
13-06-2005, 11:04 PM
yup.

My very excited mother just spilled uncle neds pizza
mercury, venus, earth, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, neptune, pluto.

Steven
13-06-2005, 11:09 PM
My very easy method just start using nine planets
Mercury Venus Earth Mars Jupiter Saturn Uranus Neptune Pluto

Painiac
14-06-2005, 06:28 AM
Wasn't in the news that scientists think they've found another nine planets in a galaxy not so far away, almost mimicking our solar system? I recall hearing that one night. 9 in our Solar System.

cocaine
14-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Isn't this spam? Anyway, yes there are nine planets.

joeyjo21
14-06-2005, 12:48 PM
I counted 9 on my fingers but im not sure if its right :S

Digital
14-06-2005, 03:08 PM
whats the point look it up on google!
u make about 5 spam thread's aday so then u get more posts :s
sorry but thats not the way it goes!

Sammeth.
14-06-2005, 05:21 PM
It is nine, but Scientists have discovered a new planet, but its rotational paths are wierd, so they aren't sure. so its 9, but a 10th could appear soon :o :s

Mentor
14-06-2005, 05:23 PM

Theres the well know 9

and the resently decovered 10th

Edna

:D

Surname
14-06-2005, 05:26 PM
There's 10 in our planet (Including 'Edna'...)
But in the whole world, there are millions... Now that's hard to picture.

Mentor
14-06-2005, 05:28 PM
There's 10 in our planet (Including 'Edna'...)
But in the whole world, there are millions... Now that's hard to picture.

in the whole world theer 1? you mean univerce maybe?

sorry count resist

Surname
14-06-2005, 05:30 PM
The whole world is just another way of saying it, the world isn't just our galaxy. The world is everything.

Heart Break Kid
14-06-2005, 05:31 PM
defo 11 ses me sorry if this comes out as dble post its laggy

Mentor
14-06-2005, 05:31 PM
The whole world is just another way of saying it, the world isn't just our galaxy. The world is everything.
the world is plaent earth "/, our world, wich we inhabit ?

Edit: my bad, i googled it and apparntly that is a correct useage

ive just never heard it used in that way before

universe: everything that exists anywhere; "they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"

Bef
14-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Hm i put 9, then i read would genius Mentor said, its 10! Mentor knows all, sees all, hears all, reads all. -Bows down to Mentor-
Btw, i have glue in my head :]

Surname
14-06-2005, 05:34 PM
I always understood the world to mean everything, not just our planet, not just our universe, but everything. Ah well. Here's something you might want to read, Lol.

Many cosmologists these days contemplate a so-called multiverse of an endless series of big bangs blooming from one another, creating universes without limit,

Bef
14-06-2005, 05:36 PM
:\ Hmmmm... Im to stupid 4 this thread, espically now my brains fallen out and im messing my word up. I meant what up their not would. Blaaahhhh!

Surname
14-06-2005, 05:37 PM
I just find the fact that there are millions of planets, some even identical to ours, fascinating... :D

Mentor
14-06-2005, 05:39 PM
I always understood the world to mean everything, not just our planet, not just our universe, but everything. Ah well. Here's something you might want to read, Lol.
Yea i googled it after i posted (see edits) apparntly both useages are correct, im just used to one useage and you to the other "/

Plus, I think edna's is considered a planet, athogh im not a 100%, someone said the plaent was stil under investragtion to see if its a proper planet, and i could easly be wrong "/

hedgeog325
14-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Use this method

My very easy method just speeds up naming planets

so there is 9 planets in the solar system :D

Concentric
14-06-2005, 09:44 PM
For the purposes of your homework or for whatever reason you need to know , it's nine. If you want to be padantic and talk about all the undiscovered planets then there could be more, but i don't think it's worth worrying about.

Luayminator
14-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Mentor, how do you find a problem for everything ?

Mentor
15-06-2005, 04:53 PM
For the purposes of your homework or for whatever reason you need to know , it's nine. If you want to be padantic and talk about all the undiscovered planets then there could be more, but i don't think it's worth worrying about.
Edna has been discovered? athogh its yet to make its way in to the sillibus, so unless your actaly interested in astronemy etc, there no real reason to know.

Pulchritudinous
15-06-2005, 04:56 PM

Theres the well know 9

and the resently decovered 10th

Edna

:D

Yup we were talking about this in another thread, I guess most people ignore Edna, it sounds really weird for me to say that cause my Nan was called Edna, I can just imagine her bouncing through space.

Mentor
15-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Yup we were talking about this in another thread, I guess most people ignore Edna, it sounds really weird for me to say that cause my Nan was called Edna, I can just imagine her bouncing through space.

OOps. I just googled up a bit of info, and id got the name wrong apparntly its called "Sedna" .
Id only heared it said proviosly, so i must have heard it worng of somthing.

Dirgeofcerberus
15-06-2005, 05:28 PM
My science teacher once told us about the 10th planet Sedna.
He said that it doesnt really matter as its too far away, if we sent people in a shuttle, by the time they got there, they would be dead.
Its too far away to worry about it being a planet really.

Mentor
15-06-2005, 05:34 PM
My science teacher once told us about the 10th planet Sedna.
He said that it doesnt really matter as its too far away, if we sent people in a shuttle, by the time they got there, they would be dead.
Its too far away to worry about it being a planet really.
USealy the main reason for descoveing a planet isnt actaly a want to go there? we havent got people past the moon yet, and im skepctical even about that "moon landing footage looks very fake to me, plus probly propergander for space race"

Anyway, give a few 100 years time, id think we woudl probly have devised a faster method of transport than we currantly use.

GommeInc
15-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Lol planet Edna is a funny name, so is Uranus and Sedna but who's to blame?

Mentor
15-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Lol planet Edna is a funny name, so is Uranus and Sedna but who's to blame?
The people who discover em, get to name em. Wich helps to esplain why there are so many weried names out there "/

Surname
15-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Technically, if I discovered a planet I could call it "The land of the solemn, green bananas with curled toe nails".
I would like to find a planet and call it that. :)

Pulchritudinous
15-06-2005, 07:57 PM
OOps. I just googled up a bit of info, and id got the name wrong apparntly its called "Sedna" .
Id only heared it said proviosly, so i must have heard it worng of somthing.

Tut tut, that's the first time you got something wrong though so I'll forgive you.
Atleast I got that granny flying through space thing out my head.

-Soph-
19-06-2005, 07:00 PM
is it 9??? I really dont know :p

Digital
19-06-2005, 07:22 PM
is it 9??? I really dont know :p
y do ppl bring up old threads, its just spam :s

JoeyK.
24-06-2005, 09:29 PM
I say 9- but you're missing an option! many scientists now say that pluto isn't even a planet, that it's just a small moon that was knocked out of another planet's orbit =D

Y!
24-06-2005, 09:32 PM
It's offically nine, however more are being discovered as we speak!

=Sean...
24-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Over one million.

In our solar system, there is 10. Planet X was found a while ago, but it was only rumored. When it was a confirmed planet, it was changed to Sedna. I believe there are more in our solar system though.

Smiddy
24-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Over one million.

In our solar system, there is 10. Planet X was found a while ago, but it was only rumored. When it was a confirmed planet, it was changed to Sedna. I believe there are more in our solar system though.
I Believe There is 10 in our solar System :) Planet X being the 10th

But Like others have said, More are being discovered All The Time :o

Roboevil
24-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Pluto is soon to be called a moon as, like somone said above ^^, it is just a clump of ice that has formed together. Also, it has no moons because it's gravatational force isn't strong enough as it is so miniature. Planet X, I think is the same, it might not end up to be a planet.

RedStratocas
24-06-2005, 11:39 PM
The 10th planet is false. It turned out to be a comet. They say there might be another out there, but they probly wont be able to see it

Mentor
25-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Pluto is soon to be called a moon as, like somone said above ^^, it is just a clump of ice that has formed together. Also, it has no moons because it's gravatational force isn't strong enough as it is so miniature. Planet X, I think is the same, it might not end up to be a planet.
Actaly pluto strangy enogh has both an atmosphear and a moon, even thogh due to plutos size its more of a binray orbit, rather than a classic moon around a planet one, its why its got such a strange orbit "/

plus since when was sedna discredited as a planet? can someone post me a resorce as i aint been folloing it "/

Ferccia
25-06-2005, 12:07 AM
There's 9 :D

RedStratocas
25-06-2005, 02:28 AM
Here (http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/planet_like_body.html)
They are still debating it. People still argue that pluto isnt a planet. We cant say something that looks like a little dot a planet. It could be, but how can we tell? Basicly what the artical says

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!