PDA

View Full Version : Zimbabwes' President Robert Mugabe faces elections amid rapid economic turmoil..

-:Undertaker:-
29-03-2008, 04:01 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7319905.stm

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44523000/jpg/_44523361_mugabe_afp_416.jpg

People in Zimbabwe are voting in an election that will decide whether President Robert Mugabe, in power since 1980, wins a sixth term in office.
His challengers are Morgan Tsvangirai of the MDC party and ex-finance minister and independent Simba Makoni.
Queues formed early, but many voters have complained of not being allowed to cast their ballots. The MDC fears the poll will be rigged but Mr Mugabe said as he cast his vote in Harare: "We don't rig elections."

Hopefully the government will collapse fairly soon as the countrys economy is in meltdown due to him. He is an evil racist man and I want to see him lose power, sadly it looks like he will rig elections - again.
Africa just cannot govern itself.

-Xiangu-
29-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I agree completely.

Hushie
29-03-2008, 04:05 PM
They need to just not let him be the president.

Although it won't happen

Frodo13.
29-03-2008, 04:16 PM
He's a dictator more or less, so elections are more then likely going to be fixed.

Hushie
29-03-2008, 04:22 PM
He's a dictator more or less, so elections are more then likely going to be fixed.
Like they have been constantly, the EU need to get involved.

Jamesy
29-03-2008, 04:42 PM

I'm pretty sure he put a polling station with 2000 registered "voters" in the middle of nowhere with some fields.

We won't do anything, we are busy taking over the middle east. Africa has no economic value we need to take.

Technologic
29-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I laughed at the cartoon in the times today, it had a ballot paper saying

"R.Mugabe"
"Mr Mugabe"
"Robert M"
"Robert Mugabe"

as the options. We all know these elctions will be rigged as always, hopefully the old ******* will die soon

Nereo
29-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I hate this guy. They need to get him out and put someone in charge who can actually do the job

lScottl
29-03-2008, 07:18 PM
he's 83 maybe he will die soon

Jordy
29-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Like they have been constantly, the EU need to get involved.Yeah I can see the EUs attitude already 'I have an idea, lets extend it to Africa and let them join!'

Europe just isn't what it used to be, Israel is in Eurovision and the European football cup, so is countries like Kazakhstan and Turkey (Only about 15% of the country is in Europe). If Israel think they're in Europe, then in geographical terms that means Turkey, Iraq and Syria are also in Europe.

Nah Mugabe has just destroyed Zimbabwe, they used to be a group of countries including Zimbabwe in the past and they where reasonably civilised and rich countries, since they split up into countries like Zimbabwe they've turned into what the rest of Africa is like, full of poverty...

MR22
29-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Hese 83 years old. Hese leading that country when we werent even born.
Afcourse hese evil. People should not fear there goverment. Goverments should fear there people. When a country is led by a dictator the people can bring him down. In 1990 the big sovjet union went down becouse of
the people. Remember the people in polen the stood up. Many of em got killed. the didnt have guns. But the stuud up. and the defeated the russians. A dictator is as powerfull as the fear that surrounds him. There are always 2 sides of the story. We always see the opinions of the people that h8 the goverment of a country. But remember or own goverment doasnt like em. So if we would make em look good. It would be treason. atleast the have elections. Uk didnt have elections about the eu. and labor sad the would take a public vote. Remember that before you look at those poor countrys with there dictators.

Jordy
29-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Hese 83 years old. Hese leading that country when we werent even born.
Afcourse hese evil. People should not fear there goverment. Goverments should fear there people. When a country is led by a dictator the people can bring him down. In 1990 the big sovjet union went down becouse of
the people. Remember the people in polen the stood up. Many of em got killed. the didnt have guns. But the stuud up. and the defeated the russians. A dictator is as powerfull as the fear that surrounds him. There are always 2 sides of the story. We always see the opinions of the people that h8 the goverment of a country. But remember or own goverment doasnt like em. So if we would make em look good. It would be treason. atleast the have elections. Uk didnt have elections about the eu. and labor sad the would take a public vote. Remember that before you look at those poor countrys with there dictators.It doesn't mean standing up always works, look what happened to the Burmese Monks and the Tibetans? The Tibetans are just getting killed probably on a larger scale than we think due to so many cover-ups by China. Burmese Monks? Most of them had to flee to the country and the rest ended up in jail or brutally killed.

Blue
29-03-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm sure I heard that a load of dead people still have their vote, and someone is going to vote on their behalf

29-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm sure I heard that a load of dead people still have their vote, and someone is going to vote on their behalf

Yeah and he has his supporters stationed at polling stations to threaten voters. Either way it's clear that Robert Mugabe is facing his last years alive & in power. I can see the rest of what's left of the countrys economy and infrastructure collapsing this year or the next.

Blue
29-03-2008, 11:29 PM
I would say its already dead

Jordy
30-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah and he has his supporters stationed at polling stations to threaten voters. Either way it's clear that Robert Mugabe is facing his last years alive & in power. I can see the rest of what's left of the countrys economy and infrastructure collapsing this year or the next.What do you mean by collapsing? I'd personally say the economy is already in turmoil. The inflation is beyond belief.

30-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I would say its already dead

What do you mean by collapsing? I'd personally say the economy is already in turmoil. The inflation is beyond belief.

Collapse as in the military and most people turning against the government, the economy will get worse and is every day. Mugabe is only being held in power by the army and the police for now. Once they join forces with the opposition civil war could break out.

Technologic
30-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I've just throught, say Mugabe didnt win and the opposite to hyper inflation happened, as in teh value of the zimbabwean dollar shooting up....

Wouldnt everybody become immensly rich?

I know it couldnt actually happen but if it did then... lol

Jordy
30-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Collapse as in the military and most people turning against the government, the economy will get worse and is every day. Mugabe is only being held in power by the army and the police for now. Once they join forces with the opposition civil war could break out.I do hope the military would take control and introduce a Military curfew but I don't see why it would happen now, he's been in power for almost 30 years and has been bringing the country down for almost that long, if the Military where going to step in then I think they would of done it years ago, clearly they're not unhappy as they're being treated well by Mugabe, once he upsets the Military which I doubt he will, I can then see a curfew. The economy will just get worse though like you said.

30-03-2008, 03:04 PM
I've just throught, say Mugabe didnt win and the opposite to hyper inflation happened, as in teh value of the zimbabwean dollar shooting up....

Wouldnt everybody become immensly rich?

I know it couldnt actually happen but if it did then... lol

The currency will have to be scrapped for Zimbarbwe to get anywhere.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!