PDA

View Full Version : The "next great franchise" from R* is to be Playsation exclusive

Technologic
29-03-2008, 09:48 PM
This is Michael Shorrock. I’m the Director of 3rd Party Relations at SCEA. As you may have seen this morning/last night on GameHead with Geoff Keighley, we are announcing that a new franchise from Rockstar Games will be exclusive to PS3. As part of our long standing relationship with Rockstar, and the incredible success for both companies with the cultural icon that is Grand Theft Auto, we’ve agreed to the PlayStation exclusive rights of the next great franchise from the Rockstar studios.

Everyone knows to have success in this business you need to look ahead, identifying the talent and titles that are going to give consumers new kinds of gaming experiences that help set the bar for the rest of the industry. Rockstar has a heritage for doing just that. We have had incredible success with the GTA franchise and are happy to continue to offer those titles on our platforms, and even more excited about what’s to come from the current and future relationship between our companies. Rockstar really wanted to make a game that you can truly only do on PS3, harnessing the power of CELL and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them do just that.. This is really a win-win situation for both companies. As Jack mentioned in the interview with Geoff, this franchise is not LA Noire, but something all new. We agreed with Rockstar and Take-Two Interactive Software that we wouldn’t disclose anything more about the deal or title at this time, so stay tuned, we’ll share more info as soon as we can.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/07/27/new-rockstar-games-franchise-exclusive-to-the-ps3/

Sorry 360 owners :(. Ah well, you still have bioshock 2 (damn you all)

Neil
29-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Doesn't bother me, by the time Rockstar release another game I should have a PS3 xD

Redacted
29-03-2008, 09:58 PM
i thought it was gonna be about mcdonalds or burgerking :(

Frodo13.
29-03-2008, 10:34 PM
:o NOT L.A. Noire?

Fez
29-03-2008, 10:49 PM
L.A. Noire is PS3 only anyway...

This is a whole new franchise, L.A is a 'one off'.

Klydo
31-03-2008, 10:15 AM
God, so basically the world's greatest game(s) are now for Playstation only. I like a lot :)

Gran Turismo and now Grand Theft Auto, why buy an Xbox anymore? :P

Wootzeh
31-03-2008, 10:26 AM
God, so basically the world's greatest game(s) are now for Playstation only. I like a lot :)

Halo, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Gears Of War 2, Fable 2?

Klydo
31-03-2008, 10:31 AM
I hate all sci-fi and war games, not my style really. I prefer racing and games where you can basically go where you want (GTA) :P I will admit Call Of Duty 4 I enjoy a lot, but that's about it.

Halo bores me to sleep don't understand why it's such as big hit, unless all Xbox 360 owners find "Tea Bagging" funny :P

Jibbish
31-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Nice to see Sony do some exclusive deals.

Frodo13.
31-03-2008, 03:44 PM

Does anyone but me spot a pattern here? The only thing 360 does well on are sci-fi shooters.

Fez
31-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Does anyone but me spot a pattern here? The only thing 360 does well on are sci-fi shooters.

DON'T DISS BIOSHOCK.

Neil
31-03-2008, 05:38 PM

Not really...PGR and Forza are probably the best racing games ever made imo, Call of Duty 2 is a pretty awesome game aswell, Amped 3 and Crackdown are also great games, there is loads more but those are just some of the ones I own

No, GTA is not Playstation only, you didn't read the first post
And imo - Forza pwns GT, my friend even agrees and he was obsessed with GT games, he prefers Forza now, if they go rid of licenses and replaced it with a "skill level" then the game would be better, the fact that your progression depends on what license you have is stupid, you don't get better at driving from having a better license you get better from practice and skill - Being a game it wouldn't really matter in most caes but GT claims to be a driving simulator meaning you should progress with skill level in stead of license type

Also above gives quite a few really good games that the PS3 doesn't have and never will have so reasons to get a 360 right there

GhostFace-
31-03-2008, 05:44 PM
still

360 is better than ps3 :)

Pyroka
31-03-2008, 05:47 PM
I see them building something to compete with the likes of Gears of War you know...

manga21
04-04-2008, 09:27 AM

Halo = crap .. Bioshock = crap The 1st gears of war = crap

Dont call me a fanboy. I played Bioshock on the pc and played the other 2 games for an hour on his xbox and was not impressed.

yido
04-04-2008, 10:45 AM
i dont get it?

Robbie
04-04-2008, 11:02 AM

Dont call me a fanboy. I played Bioshock on the pc and played the other 2 games for an hour on his xbox and was not impressed.

OMG, You're saying GOW is crap. :O:O:O

Neil
04-04-2008, 11:06 AM

I can semi-agree with you there

Halo - Good for a while but gets boring fast

Bioshock - Really good game but only worth 1 playthrough

Gears of War - The game is good but the versus was rubbish

yido
04-04-2008, 11:13 AM
gow is crap ***** worst game i ever brought

BlueMoon
04-04-2008, 03:01 PM

Not really... GTA is on the 360... Forza 2/3, Gow/2/3, Saints Row (oh soz, looks like it was that good Sony wanted to share it), Halo3, Fable 2... and the whole Xbox Live thing...

I hate all sci-fi and war games, not my style really. I prefer racing and games where you can basically go where you want (GTA) :P I will admit Call Of Duty 4 I enjoy a lot, but that's about it.

Halo bores me to sleep don't understand why it's such as big hit, unless all Xbox 360 owners find "Tea Bagging" funny :P
Just because you don't like sci-fi games doesn't mean everyone does and yeah I agree with you on Halo, ain't touched in 4months.

Forza...

I see them building something to compete with the likes of Gears of War you know...
Ryan don't make me call in the white coats babe.

Halo = crap. Bioshock = Dunno GoW = God.
Because you've played Bioshock on the PC doesn't make it crap on the 360... I found COD 4 was crap on PC. And you can't really judge a game after 1 hour of gameplay of those two games...

gow is crap ***** worst game i ever brought
I beats you in Fifa!11!

Oleh
04-04-2008, 10:42 PM
I will more than likely get this , if its similar to gta then definetly , if its mmo like test drive unlimited definetly if its shooter definetly no - once i got a ps3 i thought i was good at shooters but i cant do nothing now (fingers slip off triggers and thumb sticks displace my hands)

.Raze.
23-04-2008, 09:52 PM
thank god!
bought the right console :)

Niko Bellic
23-04-2008, 09:58 PM

Forza > GT. Halo is good if you actually play Custom Games and have loads of mates to make your own game modes and have fun on. We are getting GTA aswell incase you're not aware of that. And yes, teagbagging is always fun but Halo 3 is still a good game.

Oleh
23-04-2008, 09:59 PM
No you didnt you made the WRONG decision go trade it in for money and buy a wii !111!!!!!!!11!!1!!

DarrenToogood
26-04-2008, 09:08 PM

Why buy an Xbox in the first place xD!

Armal
26-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Bet all Xbox Fanboys are crying.

No point buying Xbox as its a developed Console. PS3 has loads coming to it in the next year

Meanies
26-04-2008, 09:17 PM
All the mroe reason for me to buy a PS3.

Along with getaway 3 being PS3 exclusive.

Jordy
26-04-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't see why your all assuming the game from Rockstar will be the next Grand Theft Auto, I bet they don't even know what that will be.

It'll probably end up being something [rubbish] like Rockstar Table Tennis 2 :P

Disaronno
27-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Does anyone but me spot a pattern here? The only thing 360 does well on are sci-fi shooters. No, thats just his favourite games, CoD4 is a great game, the simpsons is ok, viva pinata is actually fun, other stuff

thank god!
bought the right console :)

Not really, Xbox is much more popular (based on selling units)

.Raze.
27-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Not really, Xbox is much more popular (based on selling units)

Popularity doesn't really make it better, maybe because it's £140 cheaper..?

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 06:25 PM
It'll probably end up being something [rubbish] like Rockstar Table Tennis 2 :P

That would be on 360 as the orginal was exclusive to it.

I don't think it will be a GTA clone, but whatever it is, it will be amazing. It is R* after all :)

Neil
28-04-2008, 06:29 PM
That would be on 360 as the orginal was exclusive to it.

I don't think it will be a GTA clone, but whatever it is, it will be amazing. It is R* after all :)

Not really, Saints Row 2 is coming to PS3 and the first one is 360 exclusive :P

And not all R* games are great, look at manhunt 1 & 2, the table tennis game looks pretty rubbish aswell xD

Definitly Rockstars worst work in the past 5 or so years

Fez
28-04-2008, 06:29 PM
No, thats just his favourite games, CoD4 is a great game, the simpsons is ok, viva pinata is actually fun, other stuff

CoD and Simpsons are multi platform

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Not really, Saints Row 2 is coming to PS3 and the first one is 360 exclusive :P

And not all R* games are great, look at manhunt 1 & 2, the table tennis game looks pretty rubbish aswell xD

Definitly Rockstars worst work in the past 5 or so years

Yeah fair point, but would a 360 exclusive then just turn to a PS3 exclusive? I think it appears unlikely.

Manhunt is my worst R* game too, but I wouldn't say it was a bad game, same with Table Tenis.

Jordy
28-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah fair point, but would a 360 exclusive then just turn to a PS3 exclusive? I think it appears unlikely.

Manhunt is my worst R* game too, but I wouldn't say it was a bad game, same with Table Tenis. Ace Combat Series went from exclusive on PS2 to exclusive on Xbox 360.

GTA was pretty much exclusive on PS2 (it had priority over Xbox & PC) and now it's Xbox 360 getting the extra content, shifting the exclusiveness. There's no reason why a exclusive Xbox 360 game can't become a exclusive PS3 game.

Neil
28-04-2008, 07:04 PM

Manhunt is my worst R* game too, but I wouldn't say it was a bad game, same with Table Tenis.

Yea Manhunt isn't a bad game, just really boring and just pointless, table tennis isn't as bad, no table tennis games are out so Rockstar did something different, it looks pretty good but I'd never buy it xD

Technologic
28-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Do the words "something all new" mean absolutely nothing to you lot?

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Ace Combat Series went from exclusive on PS2 to exclusive on Xbox 360.

GTA was pretty much exclusive on PS2 (it had priority over Xbox & PC) and now it's Xbox 360 getting the extra content, shifting the exclusiveness. There's no reason why a exclusive Xbox 360 game can't become a exclusive PS3 game.

'shifting the exclusiveness'? I doubt the DLC will be a high contributing factor tbh. I'm personally not expecting anything that will leave the PS3 owners compleatly out in the dark.

A fair few owners of both console are getting the PS3 version because with the 360 version it will probably brake down mid-game.

Technologic
28-04-2008, 07:36 PM
'shifting the exclusiveness'? I doubt the DLC will be a high contributing factor tbh. I'm personally not expecting anything that will leave the PS3 owners compleatly out in the dark.

A fair few owners of both console are getting the PS3 version because with the 360 version it will probably brake down mid-game.
Anaalysts predict that the PS3 version of GTA4 will outsell the 360 version in most countries, they're also expecting an increase in RROD (rick roll of death) incidents....

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Anaalysts predict that the PS3 version of GTA4 will outsell the 360 version in most countries, they're also expecting an increase in RROD (rick roll of death) incidents....

Rick roll of death? Do you mean Red Ring of Death?

Neil
28-04-2008, 08:28 PM

Obviously not, he probably thinks he's funny

GommeInc
28-04-2008, 08:29 PM
It would be amazing if Xbox 360s did that :P

I'm confused with how the PS3 version will out sell the 360 version...

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 08:32 PM

Well, the difference in sales between the console isn't as big as it used to be, and as I said, Xbox failures are putting owners of both consoles getting that version. And I don't even know what rick roll of death means :(

Neil
28-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Well, the difference in sales between the console isn't as big as it used to be, and as I said, Xbox failures are putting owners of both consoles getting that version. And I don't even know what rick roll of death means :(

Rick roll is some stupid thing when you trick someone to going on a Rick Astley (sp?) song, it's not even a bad song, some people are just idiots..Obviously he thinks it's funny to change "red ring" to "rick roll"

I don't think it's true, you can still pre-order GTA4 on GAME for the PS3, not the standard but last time I checked the PS3 bundle and special edition were still up but all the 360 copies were gone, S.E., bundle and standard are no longer listed

Fez
28-04-2008, 08:41 PM
There was a video on Youtoob were a guy put the GTA IV 360 disc in his drive and 'rick roll' came on with "GTA IV - 25TH DECEMBER 2009", then he got RROD after 3 mins.

Fake, but if that actually happened, I'd be rofl

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Rick roll is some stupid thing when you trick someone to going on a Rick Astley (sp?) song, it's not even a bad song, some people are just idiots..Obviously he thinks it's funny to change "red ring" to "rick roll"

I don't think it's true, you can still pre-order GTA4 on GAME for the PS3, not the standard but last time I checked the PS3 bundle and special edition were still up but all the 360 copies were gone, S.E., bundle and standard are no longer listed

On game.co.uk, the PS3 bundle, and S.E. for both consoles are still up :)

Neil
28-04-2008, 08:48 PM
On game.co.uk, the PS3 bundle, and S.E. for both consoles are still up :)

Wasn't last time I looked xD
They must of got more in stock, you can even buy GTA4 with a controller now xD

jordang16
29-04-2008, 10:42 AM
ps3 version will not outsell xbox 360 version i just about got a copy for xbox but everywhere else still had ps3 versions in :s

e5
29-04-2008, 04:01 PM
PS3's - the best choice ;)

Niko Bellic
29-04-2008, 04:25 PM
PS3's - the best choice ;)

Xbox 360 is actually the best choice, it's sold out already. We win. And we have achievements so we actually need to work for something rather than playing for fun.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!