PDA

View Full Version : Beat Bullying Bands...

FRISC0
14-06-2005, 02:13 PM
I know their old, but i'd just like to make a point.
People wear these bands to stop bullying. Anyway, my point is that the bullies are the ones wearing them! Stupid or what!

Steven
14-06-2005, 02:22 PM
hmm yeah, same with the racist ones
People wear them and they shout
"Hey you , stupid black boy" or something it totally defeats the purpose of the band -.-

No offence to anyone , that was just an example

cocaine
14-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah I know, its a bit lame. I suppose it helps them to be racist/bullying, and get away with it. They see it as a defence thing

FRISC0
14-06-2005, 02:50 PM
:( What has this world come too..

ChloeDust
14-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Tell me about it, there are people in our school who wear the Beat Bullying bands and they are bullies themselfs? They just wear them because they think they are cool, o.O, i don't wear my charity bands anymore anyways ;l

Digital
14-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Tell me about it, there are people in our school who wear the Beat Bullying bands and they are bullies themselfs? They just wear them because they think they are cool, o.O, i don't wear my charity bands anymore anyways ;l
that happens in my school :s

Mr.Kylee
14-06-2005, 04:23 PM
That's lame. We can't even buy it here but you can see that those bands don't really help and that's ashame.

FRISC0
14-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Aww i agree with all of above ;o

Pulchritudinous
14-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Most teenagers wear them for fashion purposes, but you can't really blame them, the beat bullying bands were given away free so the campaign hasn't exactly gained anything from them, apart from the publicity I guess. :/

tbh imo no m8
14-06-2005, 04:42 PM
People wear these bands to stop bullying. Anyway, my point is that the bullies are the ones wearing them! Stupid or what!
yes m8 tht is a very good poiint i think people see them more as a fashion item i am being honest and i do except for the racisgt bands wich i stand for

cocaine
14-06-2005, 06:26 PM
And thank you for the random rep Ollie :D

GommeInc
14-06-2005, 06:28 PM
They're a fashion icon, not for charity anymore..

Digital
14-06-2005, 06:43 PM
no body gives me rep... but the fool that said this
Signature is untrue.
i meen huh?????? what the hell u meen? 'untrue'

.Amberz.
14-06-2005, 08:02 PM
:eusa_thin Ummm, I so agree.

You buy a Beat Bullying Band, then you start Bullying people. :eusa_naug I think people which wear these bands and start doing that, are only wearing them because lots of other people have them, and they want them aswell... :rolleyes:

/Rossco\
14-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Most teenagers wear them for fashion purposes, but you can't really blame them, the beat bullying bands were given away free so the campaign hasn't exactly gained anything from them, apart from the publicity I guess. :/

the beat bullying campeign was all about publicity to highlight the problem, i got a band for free aswell but it snaped, tehy are a fashion item also i feel but some people exploit the purpose of them

:Hazel
15-06-2005, 10:22 PM

Maybe in some cases yes, but I wear one and I don't bully people.

Adam$
17-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Bullies are people that hate themselves, neglected at 6 or molested at 12.

Nah, people don't wear them to stop bullying. People wear them because they are the newest craze.

Y!
17-06-2005, 10:54 PM

I've always thought those bands were lame cause chavs always worn them.

Mit
18-06-2005, 02:17 PM
all my bands broke so i stopped buying them.

xsaucy-stephx
18-06-2005, 05:54 PM
lol i chewed thru mine :p
i totally agree at our school we have been stopped from wearing more than one so i just wear my pink one, but yesterday i saw 2 gals both wearing the black and white stop racism ones and they were picking on this girl that was of a different race and when they were asked about they said because they were black and didn't deserve a school. Im sry but i found that extremely mean and violent, those wrist bands are supposed to reduce that kind of torment against others but obviously it didnt. Maybe if those girls read the message on them and wanted them because of what they meant and not because everyone else has them, maybe the bands would work and bullying would be reduced.
:(
Steph
xx

Rachi
18-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Lol
The anti racist one shows that u dont believe in bein racist

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!