PDA

View Full Version : HabboFrenzy -

iTech
30-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Yes, it might not be the most brightest template in the world, but every site has their flaws. Do they not? Yes, I can understand CC, and, a lot of it will be used and upgraded in V2. Yes, the navigation isn't the greatest and might cause problems, that's why later on in V1, we are releasing a theme selector.

DJ-Huntey was fired, for not doing his job correctly and stealing content
from Habbox. I find that not so ridiculous? Also, he thinks harrassing the site,
threatening to hack it, isn't worth a ban?

I do not want this turned into a flame-thread. But hey, we're open for
CC, just don't go too far by insulting us, or the site. Just suggest.

I would also like to apologise for the teams behaviour, with the arguing, and immaturity
and I hope we can see past it.

Thanks - Josh

[Oli]
30-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Where's the design ? :p
habbofrenzy.org = password protected and I don't see an image in your post

I guesse I'll see it tommorow then =)

Regards,
Olivier Pauwels

L?KE
30-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I would like to confirm everything said in iTech's post to be true.

We are just looking for CC.

That thread was not meant to have even been started, but was due to a staff member not knowing his place.

The site is down for that reason.

iTech
31-03-2008, 12:43 PM
;4605455']Where's the design ? :p
habbofrenzy.org = password protected and I don't see an image in your post

I guesse I'll see it tommorow then =)

Regards,
Olivier Pauwels

We've been thrown into a jam due to staff not being here for release planned. So we're re-organising our release date & plans. (Doesn't look good on our first impression. :()

Bojangles
31-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Also gives me time to crack on with the usersystem :)!

Lee
31-03-2008, 02:12 PM
O.o, well that speach was very touching but i'm afraid not true...

I was firing for NOT copying of Habbox's forum order may I say.. I was asked as Forum Manager to use Habbox's Forum Display to up the site..

As for not doing my job - Your A Joke :S

"Threatening to Hack It" - ha! is that why you where threatening to give my IP to "Every Hacking Site" you know off? Silly Boy. Then I got some verball abuse on MSN.. Tut..

And Also "Dont take it to far"? If you cant stand the truth dont ask..

Klydo
31-03-2008, 02:46 PM
I can tell this site will be very bad. The domain alone gives me so much information about the site interms of how it will look, the staff and it's popularity. You're using a .org which just isn't suitable for a Habbo site, even then you're using a bad .org. HabboFrenzy is not a nice name in the slightest.

If you want CC on something then post a screenshot, otherwise this thread is entirely pointless and wasting people's time.

If what Huntey said was true then you haven't got an idea of how to run a forum either. New forums are meant to start with as few categories as possible, so then the entire forum doesn't look so empty. Once you have a very large user base then you can start to think to copy the categories that HabboxForum use, otherwise you'll just look unpopular.

If you guys are all fighting over a fansite which will be another HabboHarmoney or something, then give up. Habbo sites like that only make it if a Habbo Staff owns it, otherwise it's just a badly designed and coded site.

Bojangles
31-03-2008, 02:56 PM
I can tell this site will be very bad. The domain alone gives me so much information about the site interms of how it will look, the staff and it's popularity. You're using a .org which just isn't suitable for a Habbo site, even then you're using a bad .org. HabboFrenzy is not a nice name in the slightest.

If you want CC on something then post a screenshot, otherwise this thread is entirely pointless and wasting people's time.

If what Huntey said was true then you haven't got an idea of how to run a forum either. New forums are meant to start with as few categories as possible, so then the entire forum doesn't look so empty. Once you have a very large user base then you can start to think to copy the categories that HabboxForum use, otherwise you'll just look unpopular.

If you guys are all fighting over a fansite which will be another HabboHarmoney or something, then give up. Habbo sites like that only make it if a Habbo Staff owns it, otherwise it's just a badly designed and coded site.

Don't judge us on our name. Also I do know how to run a fansite and right up until now we've all done a great job with it which you will see when we open in a few days. In the space of 3 days we have got the site up with I'd say 85% of the content done, full forum up including all hacks we wanted with a skin done by me, fixing a few errors tonight. A staff manager panel which Luke (the other owner) built. I am working on a usersystem as we speak and we have managers doing their content, did I forget to mention the radio.

What Huntey said is NOT true, he wanted to rip habbox's forums so the forum will be completed quicker. Once we fired him we deleted all forums he made and did our own, he still persists to create FAKE accounts such as moose (MOD-moose) and Joe from vbspeak or something. He pretended to be mod-moose so he could require a job on the forum to wreck it. Good job huntey, shame you don't know how to spell "Which" properly isn't it.

Also, the layout isn't that amazing but this is only v1, the navigation some people say is annoying but I'd rather that navigation then having to click a link and then bring up a page full of them wouldn't you?

Thanks.

kk.
31-03-2008, 03:01 PM
well i thought this was to apologise for arguing but it seems to persist. Post a screen shot of the layout because this is wtice now it has happened and seems pointless. :)

Bojangles
31-03-2008, 03:06 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2gt25j9.png

There you go. We are not argueing, we were clearing up a few things, Huntey tried to lie about the way he did things so we are going to tell the truth.

Also, you can't see the radio because I'm on a mac and for some reason I can only listen to radios with the listen.pls file :P

iTech
31-03-2008, 03:13 PM
This thread, was a form of apology but also to clear things up.

MattyBoy
31-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah. We are expecting to be a massive fansite over the UK and will change .org domain to a better one has it goes on.

kk.
31-03-2008, 03:20 PM
bad move. You want to start with a domain that you plan to stick with.

Bojangles
31-03-2008, 03:22 PM
I have no idea what matt is on about. We are not changing the domain. Habbofrenzy.org is and always will be our domain. We may buy habbofrenzyforum but not sure yet.

MrCraig
31-03-2008, 03:45 PM
:S

.net/.com/.co.uk are the only things really worth buying for fansites..

Change domain before you open if you want my advice.

Layout is nice, but player should have a listen.pls file if you want to improve compatability - bit weird that their own staff cant listen to radio :rolleyes:

Bojangles
31-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Personally I don't think it matters what domain it is. Someone has to be really shallow to not visit our site because its .org.. As for the layout, thanks for your comment :) anything we can improve?

Also I will be adding the listen.pls file add-on soon as right now my main priority is getting this usersystem coded :)

MrCraig
31-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Well, say someone started advertising a site

www.H4bb01zC00l9998.info

Would you go on it?

Bojangles
31-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Well, say someone started advertising a site

www.H4bb01zC00l9998.info (http://www.H4bb01zC00l9998.info)

Would you go on it?
Depends what their site was about, I'd certainly visit it if I was given the link.

[Oli]
31-03-2008, 04:06 PM
.org is meant for organisations
I don't see how a habbo fansite is an organisation..

I would follow the tips of some people here and get a new domain..

Regards,
Olivier Pauwels

SATIRE
31-03-2008, 04:07 PM
What is the point in this thread, by the way? Is it a "clear up" thread to the previous one?

By the way, grow up and set your record straight. What you are trying to have is a habbo fansite, not some serious website you should be up for bragging about.

Bojangles
31-03-2008, 04:18 PM
What is the point in this thread, by the way? Is it a "clear up" thread to the previous one?

By the way, grow up and set your record straight. What you are trying to have is a habbo fansite, not some serious website you should be up for bragging about.
We are not bragging about anything. Indeed it's not a serious website but we plan for it to be a serious Habbo Fansite.

Klydo
31-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Layout is nice, but player should have a listen.pls file if you want to improve compatability - bit weird that their own staff cant listen to radio :rolleyes:
Doesn't matter how you code the player, it never displays on a Mac as you can't get Windows Media Player. All you can do is offer a direct link to open it in iTunes. If that's what you meant then sorry :P Unless you use an ASX then it displays the Mac player, just realized :)

php.net
31-03-2008, 05:08 PM
We are not bragging about anything. Indeed it's not a serious website but we plan for it to be a serious Habbo Fansite.

That's where you're a failure.

Doesn't matter how you code the player, it never displays on a Mac as you can't get Windows Media Player. All you can do is offer a direct link to open it in iTunes. If that's what you meant then sorry :P Unless you use an ASX then it displays the Mac player, just realized :)

Boohoo, you can't view it on a Mac.

Edited by Kaotix (Forum Moderator): Please don't insult other forum members.

Hypertext
31-03-2008, 05:21 PM
;4607154'].org is meant for organisations
I don't see how a habbo fansite is an organisation..

I would follow the tips of some people here and get a new domain..

Regards,
Olivier Pauwels
I was told .org was meant for non-profit organizations, and therefore more likely to have information you need if you were going through google, perhaps.

kk.
31-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Boohoo, you can't view it on a Mac.
omgg. do not bring that up again. Your just trying to cause arguments now. he was stating a perfectly valid point.

Klydo
31-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Just ignore him it's all about attention. I was simply trying to show how to get it to work for Mac users, but to him that's me bragging. It's just the same old Scott, he won't show his real face but he'll take the mick out of others. He's not worth a penny so he's not worth the trouble :P

Bojangles
31-03-2008, 05:35 PM
php you fail at trying to start an arguement.

As for what greg said, yeah we can only listen through a listen.pls file or clicking quicktime link :)

Hypertext
31-03-2008, 05:38 PM
If you don't throw petrol on the fire.. or in his case candle.. it won't burn long.

Edited by Hitman (Forum Moderator): Please don't post offtopic, thanks.

php.net
31-03-2008, 05:39 PM
omgg. do not bring that up again. Your just trying to cause arguments now. he was stating a perfectly valid point.

It's just a parody of what I used to do.

Just ignore him it's all about attention. I was simply trying to show how to get it to work for Mac users, but to him that's me bragging. It's just the same old Scott, he won't show his real face but he'll take the mick out of others. He's not worth a penny so he's not worth the trouble :P

^ Above.

php you fail at trying to start an arguement.

As for what greg said, yeah we can only listen through a listen.pls file or clicking quicktime link :)

You fail at websites. I don't start arguments, I comment then others oppose to them.

Bojangles
31-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Anyway back to the original reason. Any improvements we can make? :)

chrisgocrazyH
31-03-2008, 09:48 PM
DUDE

*Removed*

http://habbofrenzy.org/v1/

Edited by Kaotix (Forum Moderator): Please don't critise other peoples' layouts without giving ways on how to improve it.

Nation
31-03-2008, 09:49 PM
if you wanna see there site before release www.habbofrenzy.org/V1 not to bad really bad coding though :S

Klydo
31-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Everyone knows the link to it already so don't try and act as if you found it. If you guys had been to HabboFrenzy earlier it actually told you it was /v1.

One recommendation though Luke is since you're having a user system on the site then you shouldn't have a forum unless they are bridged. As having two logins for one site is annoying and stupid.

kk.
31-03-2008, 10:09 PM
why's it bad coding? :)

and thats true up there ^

Hypertext
31-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeh, to whoever owns habbofrenzy:

Do NOT take that little credit off here it is incase you misplaced it:

/*
Tabs Menu (mouseover)- By Dynamic Drive
For full source code and more DHTML scripts, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com
This credit MUST stay intact for use
*/

I suggest putting that BACK on your site in the javascript, don't rip again.

GoldenMerc
31-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Right firstly this thread is realy stupid and pretty much just asking for arguement, Firstly if he did steal content then delete it and get over it dont have a hissy fit, Secondly saying that you'l give his IP to all the hacking sites isnt a good look for a Fansite owner.
Thirdly you saying 'oh habboharmony's' layout isnt even coded or nice or what ever, Yours is pretty disgusting so i think you should zip your mouth and work on being police, Working as a team, and last of all zip your mouth dont slate other fansites or you will end up getting it kicked back in your face.
Your site is nothing its got nothing unique, Nothing that makes me go 'o'
Ross

Klydo
01-04-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm the one that said about HabboHarmony having a badly designed and coded layout. I'm nothing to do with HabboFrenzy. So I don't see where you're getting "yours is pretty disgusting from" as I don't own any fansites of which you can compare it too. So don't have a hissy fit at them when it wasn't even them.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!