PDA

View Full Version : DVD

Hitman
31-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Hey,

My grandma put some video from a video tape onto a disc and it works on her DVD player. However, it doesn't work on computers or PS2s, it just says there's no data (0 bytes).

The disc is FULL you can see on the back of it... my laptops disc drive reads properly...

Anybody know why it's like this or how I can fix it?

Thanks.

Robbie
31-03-2008, 03:39 PM
You have to finalize it in the DVD Recorder for it to play on other DVD players, otherwise it will only play on the recorder

Hitman
31-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Ah right, is there anyway I can do it on my laptop? Because the dvd recorder is in England. :P All I know is that it's 'sanyo'.

Robbie
31-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Not possible I don't think.

EDIT: If it's +R, Nero can finalize it, if it's -R you're screwed, lol.

Hitman
31-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Not possible I don't think.OK, thanks for your help!

Robbie
31-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Did you read my edit?
If it's +R, Nero can finalize it, if it's -R you're screwed, lol.

If it's +R and you want a small tutorial on how to do it, post back :)

Hitman
31-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Did you read my edit?
If it's +R, Nero can finalize it, if it's -R you're screwed, lol.

If it's +R and you want a small tutorial on how to do it, post back :)Ah, so it might not be a total loss.

On the DVD it says "DVD-R", so I guess it's -R? :(

Or is that just the name...?

Robbie
31-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Well since you have -R, can your laptop burn DVD's, as all I can suggest is use "ISOBuster" to rip the data from the DVD then reburn and finalize using something like ImgBurn or Nero

Hitman
31-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Well since you have -R, can your laptop burn DVD's, as all I can suggest is use "ISOBuster" to rip the data from the DVD then reburn and finalize using something like ImgBurn or Nero

Yeah it can burn DVD's, I'll try that and report back what happens.

Thanks very much for your help!

EDIT: Yes, that program has found the data! :D Thanks for your help, thanks verrrry much!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!