PDA

View Full Version : I feel sick and scared about moving to High Skool. [ Your all mybe older so help ]

Toes
14-06-2005, 06:16 PM
I know theres nothing to be scared of but I'm scared of being on my own!!! I'm going to a High Skool that no one else in my skool is going to, Its my 'Day Visit' tomorrow and what if no body evens bothers to talk to me?

Please don't call me a baby or young or anything else just 'coz I'm in primary, and please just because you know i'm young ( er ) don't treat me any different.

2hd.
14-06-2005, 06:19 PM
just relax, and try not to show yourself up, by showing off, boasting etc. :)

Mentor
14-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Just rember, your probly not the only person going there without knowing anyone?

Just stay calm, act natral, and youl probably make friends in no time "/

Toes
14-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys i'll tell you how it goes, i'll feel alot better tomorrow i guess.

Btw Rep +

Mit
14-06-2005, 06:29 PM
i always use my talents to make friends, eg being good at sports, making witty comments ect.

remember it is ard to change ur image after a year, so dont go round acting hard or dumb just to make friends cause its sticks

Wootzeh
14-06-2005, 06:35 PM
what kind of witty comments? lol, they can sometimes make friends not friends!

joeyjo21
14-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Hope your first day goes well :) Everyone gets nervous starting High School (even those who are too scared to admit it, i think secretly are). High Schools a big step from Primary and everything will be new, but you'll soon get into it, and then it will become your second home! (scary i know but its true) After a week i bet you'll have made loads of friends and know your way around the place (so much so that your probably brainwashed by it) and you'll be thinking "i cant believe i was nervous, i love it here!". The teachers will totally understand that their new pupils a nervous, so they'll probably be doing their best to make you feel settled and make everyone feel welcome. I dont know what your school will be like, but most schools have forms and on Day visits, you spend most of the day teambuilding together and you'll easily get chatting over the crazy and funny things you have to do. (for example my form tutor whos a big guy decided to teach us bally dancing on the playground even though hes an ict teacher) this made everyone laugh at him and we all became closer because of it. Anyway sorry about the big post but i just thought id let you know you have nothing to worry about, high schools great (even though i may complain about homework from time to time) and you definatly have nothing to worry about! Ive seen you posts on habbox and you seem like your pretty talkative, so im sure you'll do great :)
Let us know how it goes !

Digital
14-06-2005, 06:42 PM
its not that bad i was the same as u once but now i've got lotssssss of m8's

Lozzoling
14-06-2005, 06:42 PM
aww iccle you,just be yourself,if they can't take it thats stupid

AngJum
14-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Hope your first day goes well :) Everyone gets nervous starting High School (even those who are too scared to admit it, i think secretly are). High Schools a big step from Primary and everything will be new, but you'll soon get into it, and then it will become your second home! (scary i know but its true) After a week i bet you'll have made loads of friends and know your way around the place (so much so that your probably brainwashed by it) and you'll be thinking "i cant believe i was nervous, i love it here!". The teachers will totally understand that their new pupils a nervous, so they'll probably be doing their best to make you feel settled and make everyone feel welcome. I dont know what your school will be like, but most schools have forms and on Day visits, you spend most of the day teambuilding together and you'll easily get chatting over the crazy and funny things you have to do. (for example my form tutor whos a big guy decided to teach us bally dancing on the playground even though hes an ict teacher) this made everyone laugh at him and we all became closer because of it. Anyway sorry about the big post but i just thought id let you know you have nothing to worry about, high schools great (even though i may complain about homework from time to time) and you definatly have nothing to worry about! Ive seen you posts on habbox and you seem like your pretty talkative, so im sure you'll do great :)
Let us know how it goes !

Well said :)

Steven
14-06-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm sure you will be fine, I mea I wouldnt know because I went to a school with all my friend, but I'm sure there will be others in your situation , and just keep calm and then try to make some friend when you're there, you'll be fine, trust me ! ;D

Eamonn
14-06-2005, 06:48 PM
i werent that nervous at upper school because i went in year 9 , *thats when northampton had middle school and all* and all my friends were in a different band. Just be nice too people if they call you a name make sure you call them one back or they might see you as a target of bullying

gooood luck

-sFusion-
14-06-2005, 06:53 PM
it might feel a little uncomfortable at first, but it isnt that scary once you meet people and act natural. Good Luck :)

Digital
14-06-2005, 07:00 PM
i had no m8's when i started no i got lots :)

Mit
14-06-2005, 07:02 PM
its best to join a club at skool as u make mates from that, like readin club or chess, or ict club

ChloeDust
14-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Aww don't worry i totally felt like you are now when i started high school, i was scared ... stiffless lol i was a nervous reck, i must have been a right pain to my mum i was like 'What if i don't make any friends' 'what if i lose my way' or 'what if i can't keep up with all the homework' but once i got there i got talking to people and made friends, and the teachers made sure you were settled in. So don't worry, just relax and take it easy :)

Bef
14-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Hmm, alot of my mates went to the same highschool as me but they were all in different forms. I make friends easy thou so i was ok. Wat alot of teachers do when u start a new school is like make u write a bit about yourself to tell the others. Just keep a smile on your face and dont be quick to judge others. You may look at someone and think "what a loser" but they could be the lovliest person ever. Dont hate anyone without reason. When i started my 2nd high school it was differcult as id been kicked out my old school and everyone kind of judged me to be a "bad girl" before they knew me, i was only there a couple of weeks as the teachers kept picking at me and looking for an excuse to kick me out but i did meet the best friends ever there! Im not a shy person thou. What u dont want to do to much is play the fool and do silly things, u may gain friends and attention but at the end of the day, once you have EXPELLED on your record its hard to loose the label. Trust me.

Toes
14-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Thank you very much everyone for all your help, and were I saw it necessary I've added rep. xxx

Bef
14-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Thats ok. Fingers crossed. Tell us how it goes!
P.s. If your schools anything like my old one id bring tissues in everyday as um, the loo roll is usually all over the floor... and its usually like that cheap tracing paper sort!

.Amberz.
14-06-2005, 07:55 PM
I know theres nothing to be scared of but I'm scared of being on my own!!! I'm going to a High Skool that no one else in my skool is going to, Its my 'Day Visit' tomorrow and what if no body evens bothers to talk to me?

Please don't call me a baby or young or anything else just 'coz I'm in primary, and please just because you know i'm young ( er ) don't treat me any different.

No, Dawn, your not alone. I'm going to High school too in September, but I don't have to go to the School for the day untill July... :rolleyes: Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. :)

Mr.Kylee
15-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Well you're going to high school I just finished it and now I'm going to university :D
I felt the same way..but there's like so many people that think like that and you'll all be shy first day but in a week or so you'll get close to everybody dw. Alot of people will not known anybody and just be best friends with them.

cocaine
15-06-2005, 06:42 PM
I joined High School (Over here we call it Secondary School). It felt very nerve-racking, and also quite exciting at the time.

I started off as a little minor, sitting in the corner of every classroom, wishing I was back in the nice warmth and friendliness of my Primary School, where every teacher knew your name.
But I wouldn't worry, as I soon made friends using a variety of different techniques. When I was in Form (Where you go there twice a day to be marked in as in school), I made friends first with the people in my form, as for the first two weeks, we went to lessons in out forms (Although I don't know why). So, gradually, as you get put into Teaching Groups in Year 7, and sets in Years 8+, you will make a variety of new friends as every year you can be garunteed there is someone different in your new "Set.".

I hope that that helped in a lot of ways.
Additives

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!