PDA

View Full Version : Selling Live 8 tickets on ebay

Mit
14-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Do u think its wrong or do u think its ok.

The tickets were given out for free but people have been selling them on ebay for around £3000. Bb Geldoff condemmend the people selling the tockets and said internet ackers should take down ebay, which i thought was wrong.

I dont like bob geldorff personally but hes doin a good thing, but i cant really see who this consett is gonna make that much of a difference. The governments already know that people want debt cancelled, well maybe not in america, but in britain. i dont think its gonna make that much difference to be honest, it would have been better selling tickets and giving money to charity.

LPK
14-06-2005, 06:41 PM
VISIT *Removed* FOR FORUM! BETTER THAN ****** HABBOX!

Edited by Corey777 (Forum Moderator):
1. Please don’t post messages that are off topic to the thread.
2. Please do not advertise websites that contain scripting.
3. Please do not swear or be rude.

the wombats
14-06-2005, 06:41 PM
ye true but, are them people selling the tickets and keeping the money, or giving it to charity? well its good what he is doing

Mit
14-06-2005, 06:42 PM
no the peeps r keepin the money themselves

Steven
14-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Some might give the money to charity

DJ-COLLINS!
14-06-2005, 06:47 PM
thats sad man dont people have a heart these days

Digital
14-06-2005, 06:57 PM
thats sad man dont people have a heart these days
nope i dont think ppl do :(

Mit
14-06-2005, 07:01 PM
well technically the tickets are free, so its up to te people if they want to sell heir tickets and nobody is being harmed b the sale of the tickets. there will still be the same number of people at the concert. if not on ebay on the streets people will be buying tickets. rdio stations have done it, given away tickets but think how much money they make from people calling in.

Blader_Boy
14-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Personally i have no problem with this. Although ebay have now said they will remove the tickets due to pressure from the media and its customers.

Wootzeh
14-06-2005, 08:17 PM
actually they were selling for 10mil

Smiddy
14-06-2005, 08:21 PM
They Shud be lucky they got the tickets for free in the 1st place :rolleyes: Selfish so and so's

Mit
14-06-2005, 09:23 PM

lol it was £3,000 per ticket . 1 mil u could hire mj to do live performance for that lmao

hedgeog325
14-06-2005, 09:28 PM
O.o
never knew it was worth that much :D

Eckuii
14-06-2005, 09:40 PM
I think its terrible. They shouldnt be able to sell them On Ebay. They get them for free and this is to help the less fortunate and to make that G8 open there eyes, and all some people can think about is opening there eyes to money. Some people are so greedy.

Surname
15-06-2005, 03:44 PM
They did not sell on Ebay for 10 million, members of Ebay, who called themselves 'Scum Busters' placed fake bids of 10 million (The maximum amount Ebay lets you bid) for the tickets, so they could not be sold...

I think what Bob Geldof is doing is good, and it WILL make a difference to the financial state of some people on our Earth. However, I think the tickets should not have been given away for free to people who didn't really want them. If they sold them normally it would have prevented the whole Ebay problem, people who wanted to go to the Live8 concert would actually be able to go and more money would have been raised.

DJ-COLLINS!
15-06-2005, 04:12 PM
14 June, 2005 | 07:34PM BST

Dear all,
Today you have made it very clear to us that our previous decision to allow the sale of LIVE 8 tickets on eBay.co.uk was not one that the vast majority of you agreed with. As a result of this clear signal from the Community we have decided to prohibit the resale of LIVE 8 tickets on the site.

Although the resale of tickets is not illegal, we think that this is absolutely the right thing to do. We have listened to the views you expressed on the discussion boards and in the many emails you have sent to us. We shall be working over the next few hours to remove all LIVE 8 ticket listings from the site.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us and make your views heard,

Regards,

Doug McCallum
Managing Director, eBay (UK) Ltd.
On behalf of the whole eBay.co.uk team

Pulchritudinous
15-06-2005, 04:22 PM
It's happened before with tickets being sold for charity, then being sold by the buyer on ebay, I don't know if it's fair or not, the concert for raising awareness anyway so I don't see why it would be harming anyone, although I guess the whole point was for the winners of the tickets to keep them for themselves, but surely the Live 8 people must have known they would be sold on ebay.

How can you not like Bob Geldof, he's done some great things for poor countries around the world, and I saw him on that Jonathon Ross programme and he seemed pretty friendly.

Mit
15-06-2005, 04:48 PM
i didnt say i dont like wat hes done i just dnt like the guy. just because he gives money to chairty and organises events doesnt mean i have to like him as a person

Pulchritudinous
15-06-2005, 05:17 PM
i didnt say i dont like wat hes done i just dnt like the guy. just because he gives money to chairty and organises events doesnt mean i have to like him as a person

I'm not saying you have to, it's just you didn't give a reason so I don't understand.

Andsew
17-06-2005, 06:09 PM
yeh they stopped selling them and suspended the people who were bidding on them. i think that it is stupid. those tickets were won and selling them is just argh!!!(no words) making money out of a charity event!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!