PDA

View Full Version : stop forcing us to admin threads

spot2
02-04-2008, 10:25 PM
i dont give a flying **** about your poll thanks

Mr.Sam
02-04-2008, 10:27 PM
there has only been 3, which take like 5 seconds of your time?
just go to another thread.

only two people have complained.

Moh
02-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I have been on this forum for nearly 2 years, and I have only seen 2 or 3.. which was in the last few days.

Smiddy
02-04-2008, 10:28 PM
It's amazing, when MAD gives the majority of forum members the chance to decide what will happen to the forum, some complain.

When MAD takes an executive decision on what to do, a larger amount complain.

Make up your minds luvvies xx

Slowpoke
02-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Members constantly complain that they don't get a say in changes at Habbox. Management then respond to this by sending us directly to the polls which will result in the changes so I don't see what there is to complain about?

spot2
02-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Members constantly complain that they don't get a say in changes at Habbox. Management then respond to this by sending us directly to the polls which will result in the changes so I don't see what there is to complain about?
i want them to change the thing that makes us go to the polls
so im actually giving feedback

H0BJ0B
02-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Spot, the majority are complaining about not getting a say in changes and the minority (like you) are complaining about getting a say so the majority wins. ^^

Everlong
02-04-2008, 10:52 PM
One extra click of your mouse won't kill you. Your making a fuss about something MAD has done to benefit you.

Dentafrice
02-04-2008, 10:56 PM
This is getting rather "crazy"?

People want Habbox to start listening to what you think, which has done majorly.

We have a new $200 chat system, Habbox has changed various things due to the majority wanting them, they are now showing you the polls so that more people can view them without looking at them.

It takes two seconds to click off from the poll.

Users complain about troublemakers -> trouble makers get banned -> members complain and want them back.
Users complain about not getting listened to -> Habbox listens -> member(s) complain.

Don't complain about something and then turn around and complain again, that is being total hypocritical.

If you want changes, stand by them.. and don't turn around and complain when people listen.

In the end, the majority rules. You can't please everyone, but if there is a majority, it should be the ending clause.

mat64
02-04-2008, 11:19 PM
This is getting rather "crazy"?

People want Habbox to start listening to what you think, which has done majorly.

We have a new $200 chat system, Habbox has changed various things due to the majority wanting them, they are now showing you the polls so that more people can view them without looking at them.

It takes two seconds to click off from the poll.

Users complain about troublemakers -> trouble makers get banned -> members complain and want them back.
Users complain about not getting listened to -> Habbox listens -> member(s) complain.

Don't complain about something and then turn around and complain again, that is being total hypocritical.

If you want changes, stand by them.. and don't turn around and complain when people listen.

In the end, the majority rules. You can't please everyone, but if there is a majority, it should be the ending clause.He's not complaining about Habbox giving members a choice and a voice, he's complaining about the manner in which some of it is been done. It's great that Habbox is listening to people and asking the members what they think before going and making changes, that's fine y'know that's what we asked for. However not everyone asked for that and now they are been "forced" to give their opinion about something, even though they could just click away from the thread that's not the point I'm trying to get to. My point is that it's all well and good that your giving members a choice but don't over do it, not everyone wants to give their opinion about X and doing what has been done is just building on that negative relationship some people have already formed with management. If people want to give their opinion about something then they know where to go, hell even post an announcement saying "New poll here, can you please vote on it" and if people ignore than and complain after the changes just says "Look we told you here and there was a thread here asking your opinion. Some people just don't want to forced into reading these non-so-important thread and I think Habbox should respect that.

spot2
02-04-2008, 11:22 PM
He's not complaining about Habbox giving members a choice and a voice, he's complaining about the manner in which some of it is been done.
hit the nail on the head

Everlong
03-04-2008, 12:08 AM
I don't see why such a tiny thing a caused such an outburst :S Its not as if theres anything changed that drasticly affects your life.

mat64
03-04-2008, 12:36 AM
I don't see why such a tiny thing a caused such an outburst :S Its not as if theres anything changed that drasticly affects your life.Well neither does changing the reputation parameters but hey-ho!

Dentafrice
03-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Well neither does changing the reputation parameters but hey-ho!
This doesn't have near an uproar that that did.

It is a couple of users who aren't happy, I am pretty sure the majority likes it..?

Why not have a poll, to see which people like/dislike it? If we did.. people would complain then.

It is a cycle, people request something, it happens, people complain.

Everyone can't be happy, but when the majority is, it stays.

mat64
03-04-2008, 01:25 AM
This doesn't have near an uproar that that did.

It is a couple of users who aren't happy, I am pretty sure the majority likes it..?

Why not have a poll, to see which people like/dislike it? If we did.. people would complain then.

It is a cycle, people request something, it happens, people complain.

Everyone can't be happy, but when the majority is, it stays.That was more of a reply to Everlong's post than this topic as a whole. I'd rather you reply to my other post :).

Dentafrice
03-04-2008, 02:21 AM
He's not complaining about Habbox giving members a choice and a voice, he's complaining about the manner in which some of it is been done. It's great that Habbox is listening to people and asking the members what they think before going and making changes, that's fine y'know that's what we asked for. However not everyone asked for that and now they are been "forced" to give their opinion about something, even though they could just click away from the thread that's not the point I'm trying to get to. My point is that it's all well and good that your giving members a choice but don't over do it, not everyone wants to give their opinion about X and doing what has been done is just building on that negative relationship some people have already formed with management. If people want to give their opinion about something then they know where to go, hell even post an announcement saying "New poll here, can you please vote on it" and if people ignore than and complain after the changes just says "Look we told you here and there was a thread here asking your opinion. Some people just don't want to forced into reading these non-so-important thread and I think Habbox should respect that.

Okay, that is extremely hard to go through, I like paragraphs.

1. If people know where to go, and know so well how to do this, why are we not getting feedback from the users that wanted people to listen the most.

2. Why waste announcement space, when all you have to do is click view thread, and then you are on your way.

It isn't that hard, people are just blowing things way out of proportion.

It takes 1-2 seconds if you don't want to view the thread, it doesn't ruin your day.

To be honest, the people that complain, in my opinion, can get over it, people wanted their feedback to matter.

Habbox started listening, and really started getting into the community, and people complain.

Complain, complain, complain, when all Habbox is doing, is listening to you, like you wanted.

When I say you, I mean the members.

There was that whole ordeal about "Habbox don't listen/Management are corrupt! They never listen." "All they care about are themselves, they never listen to us/When the majority rules, they don't listen."

That isn't what they are doing now! Look at the improvements over the past few weeks.

I can understand complaining, but constructive complaining, not whining.

Again I say, no one has to read the thread, you just have to look at it.

You click view thread, and then click the first breadcrumb. It isn't that hard.. not one bit.

If the majority likes it, by all means I say keep it, if the majority would rather not be notified, then by all means.. don't be notified.

If all users are not notified, they are not going to look.. if they don't look.. they are not going to comment/vote in the poll.

If they don't comment/vote in the poll, they are going to complain that Habbox never listens to them, or never asks them, blabla.

Its a never ending battle with people whining, not complaining.

@xP
03-04-2008, 06:50 AM
People complain about the most pettyist thing ever.
All i can say to this thread is shut up, who cares and don't be lazy.

The Undertaker
03-04-2008, 06:55 AM
No one said you HAVE to read, they asked you too. All you have to do is click the link then click the banner at the top.

AgnesIO
03-04-2008, 06:55 AM
I agree with the staff here!

I like getting there view thread things up, as it shows the the management really do want your opinion.

So to the people complaining, get a life. The management are trying to make Habbox be a more enjoyable time for you.

If you don't like how it is run then leave.

Its funny that so far the people complaining have been bronze newbs, who no jack **** about the forum in the first place :rolleyes:

Dentafrice
03-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I agree with the staff here!

I like getting there view thread things up, as it shows the the management really do want your opinion.

So to the people complaining, get a life. The management are trying to make Habbox be a more enjoyable time for you.

If you don't like how it is run then leave.

Its funny that so far the people complaining have been bronze newbs, who no jack **** about the forum in the first place :rolleyes:
Those are the being banned that keep coming back, to cause trouble, and complain.

spot2
03-04-2008, 01:39 PM
ive been on this forum since dec 2004......................................

GommeInc
03-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Hmmm, I kinda see your point. The idea MAD and whoever thought up is good, because we now know what ideas need a good looking at. But the way it is done isn't very helpful. Perhaps a PM or a message at the top of the forum, which can be hidden with one click would be better? vB does have some strange features..

joshuar
03-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I don't honestly see the problem with it, it's just asking you to view a thread, you don't have to do anything with it, but it allows users to see. I'm sure if a message appeared or we mass PM'ed everyone people would probably complain.

We can't seem to win with what we do, but I believe that the feature won't be used so much anymore, as two were for April Fools and one was to show the new feature poll. Just so happened they were close together.

The Professor
03-04-2008, 04:49 PM
At least you can't say "I didn't see it!"

Dan2nd
03-04-2008, 04:54 PM
It doesn't really bother me but I think it could get annoying if it keeps happening lol

jrh2002
03-04-2008, 05:15 PM
I love the fact that members are being allowed to give their opinion and vote on issues :)

I am not a fan of having threads forced on people and the reason for that is if say 70% of people are not bothered either way about your vote I would guess a high number of them will vote for anything or vote stupidly and could potentially damage what the outcome would/should be.

I like the idea of a pm maybe to all users who have been on the forum in the past month if it was possible.

Wootzeh
03-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Meh, I say keep it as it is, if people get a mass pm they'll complain about that, so you can't win.

jrh2002
03-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Meh, I say keep it as it is, if people get a mass pm they'll complain about that, so you can't win.

At least we can choose not to recieve admin pm's so maybe a way of choosing not to see these threads?

Forcing people to see threads isnt good but i also agree with somebody back ^ that others will complain that they never noticed a vote.

Anybody not interested in these threads vote the bottom answer each time ;)

GommeInc
03-04-2008, 06:16 PM
At least we can choose not to recieve admin pm's so maybe a way of choosing not to see these threads?

Forcing people to see threads isnt good but i also agree with somebody back ^ that others will complain that they never noticed a vote.

Anybody not interested in these threads vote the bottom answer each time ;)
Can you opt out of admin PMs? I think you can with emails, which could be another idea.

jrh2002
03-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Can you opt out of admin PMs? I think you can with emails, which could be another idea.

You pay more attention than me lol you are right you can only opt out of emails unfortunatly.

joshuar
03-04-2008, 06:41 PM
You pay more attention than me lol you are right you can only opt out of emails unfortunatly.

On the Mass PM hack I installed on HabboxWorld it allows you to set criteria for receiving the PM (such as join date, post count and any fields you can set via the User CP), so that could be an option for the future.

jrh2002
03-04-2008, 06:44 PM
On the Mass PM hack I installed on HabboxWorld it allows you to set criteria for receiving the PM (such as join date, post count and any fields you can set via the User CP), so that could be an option for the future.

That would work better and we could just delete them without reading them if we liked. Was there an option for the members to select to recieve them or not?

MissAlice
03-04-2008, 07:51 PM
He's not complaining about Habbox giving members a choice and a voice, he's complaining about the manner in which some of it is been done. It's great that Habbox is listening to people and asking the members what they think before going and making changes, that's fine y'know that's what we asked for. However not everyone asked for that and now they are been "forced" to give their opinion about something, even though they could just click away from the thread that's not the point I'm trying to get to. My point is that it's all well and good that your giving members a choice but don't over do it, not everyone wants to give their opinion about X and doing what has been done is just building on that negative relationship some people have already formed with management. If people want to give their opinion about something then they know where to go, hell even post an announcement saying "New poll here, can you please vote on it" and if people ignore than and complain after the changes just says "Look we told you here and there was a thread here asking your opinion. Some people just don't want to forced into reading these non-so-important thread and I think Habbox should respect that.

I think what's been said above is right. You shouldn't force members to read something they may have no interest in. Also some members may feel obliged to vote and may just select anything, and this could give a less than accurate poll reading, which surely defeats the purpose of the poll in the first place.

Why can't there just be a special announcement link? That way, members who really want to contribute to improving things, will read it ;)

today
03-04-2008, 07:52 PM
I wouldnt of saw the thread if i werent forced to view it. As it would of got bumped down by new threads quicker then i saw.

AgnesIO
03-04-2008, 08:10 PM
ive been on this forum since dec 2004......................................

Yeh and all your other acounts have been banned :rolleyes:

Marcinator
03-04-2008, 08:15 PM
i agree with starter

spot2
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Yeh and all your other acounts have been banned :rolleyes:
if youve seen some of my posts i think you would know the answer to that

samsaBEAR
03-04-2008, 10:46 PM
I wouldnt of saw the thread if i werent forced to view it. As it would of got bumped down by new threads quicker then i saw.
the same with me, however i think a link at the top of the page that didn't go when you scrolled down (unless you clicked it away) would better. then people who want to vote can, and those who dont want to can just click it off.
kind like what http://www.engadget.com/ has at the top

Thetan
03-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Like that story where the the old man and the boy rode through the town with a donkey.

Jin
11-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I have been on this forum for nearly 2 years, and I have only seen 2 or 3.. which was in the last few days.

Personally I think this is a good addition to the forum, its so hard to actual get a valued feedback on any forum as the threads are easily bumped off the forum homepage.

This way we can actually get a majority vote in a particular item and rather quickly at that. As oppose to pinning a poll in a forum and having a header saying "Please do not forget to vote in our poll".

jrh2002
11-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Personally I think this is a good addition to the forum, its so hard to actual get a valued feedback on any forum as the threads are easily bumped off the forum homepage.

This way we can actually get a majority vote in a particular item and rather quickly at that. As oppose to pinning a poll in a forum and having a header saying "Please do not forget to vote in our poll".

It can also work the other way though and people who have no interest in voting suddenly get a poll appear :o would they vote properly? alot would but also alot would not so could ruin the outcome.

This new poll for do you like habbo seems to be giving me lots of errors.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/habboxfo/public_html/showthread.php(733) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/habboxfo/public_html/showthread.php(733) : eval()'d code on line 2
Edit Profile (http://www.habboxforum.com/profile.php?do=editprofile)Edit Options (http://www.habboxforum.com/profile.php?do=editoptions)MiscellaneousPrivate Messages (http://www.habboxforum.com/private.php)New PM (http://www.habboxforum.com/private.php?do=newpm)Members List (http://www.habboxforum.com/memberlist.php)Subscribed Threads (http://www.habboxforum.com/subscription.php)My Profile (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=1)Who's Online (http://www.habboxforum.com/online.php)</DIV>Go to Page...

vBulletin Message
Unable to add cookies, header already sent.

File: /home/habboxfo/public_html/showthread.php(733) : eval()'d code
Line: 2

</DIV></DIV></DIV>

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!