View Full Version : Your Views on X's Over-Riding Gladiators

Rcss
03-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Yeh, basically post your view on X's overriding Gladiators
I think, they should be aloud to win badges the same as us, but they shouldnt be aloud to over-ride the room, ie. If they get in say 20 habbos are ment to be in max, and they are in that 20. Not over-riding the room like 21/20 its ok, But when its 31/20 Its pathetic and something needs to be done!
Someone said start a petition but i dont know if it would work.
But then again another thing what do they actually need over-ride rooms rights for now, because there at 3 welcome longues now and not all of them are ever full at once.

Anywayz your views?

Oidz
03-04-2008, 05:08 PM
I went out today, during this happened but to be honest with you its down to Lost_Witness to tell them not to come and override the room. They're like PMSL OMG!! NOOBS AHHH THEY CANT GET IN ROOM LAWL.

Back in the day, everything was cool
Search Jibbi For Christmas Events.
I Use to quickly search the room and go in and everything was fine, no overiding accept for moderators being in there and everyone left happy. Now you just give up, when it gets past 22/20 ( L8rz m8 ) Habbo X's Do your jobs and help newbies in welcome lounge.

Virgin Mary
03-04-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't think they should be able to override non-public spaces. They don't need to.

Judge Judy
03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I think Habbo X's just have over ride for the Welcome Lounge, Safety Spa and the Games in Public Spaces.
For events by staff I don't think override should be used. So I think they should have like their own session just for Xs so they have a chance to get a badge, than them not doing any events at all.

Joord
03-04-2008, 05:24 PM
even though i got into the event today, i still think that over-riding in guest rooms is not needed, and im still quite bitter about it.

Asher
03-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I don't really care. But i'd probably side with them not being able to. Their jobs aren't to rush to the calls of Habbos so I don't see why they need to get into full rooms.

Premiums
03-04-2008, 05:36 PM
I think Habbo X's just have over ride for the Welcome Lounge, Safety Spa and the Games in Public Spaces.
For events by staff I don't think override should be used. So I think they should have like their own session just for Xs so they have a chance to get a badge, than them not doing any events at all.

I agree, they should only have the over-ride for the Welcome Lounge's, Safety Spa and the Game room's. They don't need it for any other public spaces or guest rooms.

Framed
03-04-2008, 05:36 PM
I sent to Habbo:

Hi. I am writing to complain about the Gladiators event that is currently
taking place in the hotel. Now before you disregard this email, I am
politely asking that you take me seriously and treat me as an adult, despite
not being one. I believe that this email will speak for a very vast majority
of the hotel, and I hope that you understand where I am coming from.

Firstly, on the Gladiators news page it clearly states that a hotel alert
will be sent out five minutes before the event starts. On the three times
that Gladiators has taken place (time of writing: 2nd April, after 4:30pm)
absolutely no hotel alert has been sent out. This is a minor problem for me,
as I had the room in my favourites, but it is still completely unfair for
people who were waiting for the alert.

Moving onto my second subject matter, the Habbo Xs. I understand that Habbo
Xs have the badge to show users in the Welcome Lounge that they are there to
help people out and will answer their queries. I also understand that they
have a room over-ride feature so they can get into the Welcome Lounge if it
is full. This is where I believe their power should stop.

I see no reason for Habbo Xs to have over-rides in other rooms, and more
specifically the Gladiator's event. I have a screenshot of the room having
31/20 people in it. Why should Habbo Xs have this special treatment? When
the Gladiator's event was taking place there were absolutely NO Habbo Xs in
the Welcome Lounges (yes, I went to check) -- this is completely
unacceptable! There were 11+ Habbo Xs playing an event and 0 Habbo Xs out to
actually do their job.

I am sorry if I'm coming across angry, but this is how I feel. Normal Habbos
like me just want a chance to have some fun in the event and hopefully earn
a badge as we do this. Not only this, but some people are winning more than
twice (and yes, these are Habbo Xs too - source: Habbox Forum).

I am looking forward to hearing your response, and I hope this problem can
be resolved not only in the short term, but for the long term as well.

Kind regards,

.framed.

They replied:
Hi Habbo,

Thank you for your recent email.

The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters.

Unless specifically stated that the winners will be chosen at random, chance plays no part in determining the winner. We spend a lot of time judging entries to select a suitable winner, and winners are selected on merit alone.

We do not enter into correspondence as to why an entry was or was not selected. We also accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.

Habbo X's do not have a 'job' they are volunteers in a role. Habbo X's have the right to enter any Habbo competition and will wait for a room to be full before entering it, this is why there would have been 31/20 in the room, meaning they waited for the room to be full before entering, meaning no Habbos place was taken. They cannot help what their badge does, it is not their fault and should not be held accountable because of it.

Yours,

--
0rca

Boxiel
03-04-2008, 05:41 PM
They replied:
Hi Habbo,

The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters.

Unless specifically stated that the winners will be chosen at random, chance plays no part in determining the winner. We spend a lot of time judging entries to select a suitable winner, and winners are selected on merit alone.

We do not enter into correspondence as to why an entry was or was not selected. We also accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.

Habbo X's do not have a 'job' they are volunteers in a role. Habbo X's have the right to enter any Habbo competition and will wait for a room to be full before entering it, this is why there would have been 31/20 in the room, meaning they waited for the room to be full before entering, meaning no Habbos place was taken. They cannot help what their badge does, it is not their fault and should not be held accountable because of it.

Yours,

--
0rca

Sounds like a fair reply from 0rca.. especially the final part, As said on this forum many times by people who don't complain about every time they don't get into a competition.. Habbo X's will wait for a room to become full before entering, or if so, reload the room..

I think the above email clears everything up. +rep Framed for posting.. well written.

Rcss
03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Sounds like a fair reply from 0rca.. especially the final part, As said on this forum many times by people who don't complain about every time they don't get into a competition.. Habbo X's will wait for a room to become full before entering, or if so, reload the room..

I think the above email clears everything up. +rep Framed for posting.. well written.

But why should you get the right to walk into a competition when its full when we cant?

Boxiel
03-04-2008, 05:51 PM
But why should you get the right to walk into a competition when its full when we cant?

This is what the WHOLE "X's suck" rant started from Ross, Habbo X's have the right to enter full rooms incase of disconnection ect in an X event, or to get into full public rooms. I'm not saying X's should go into full rooms just to win comps (Eg yesterday with the Gladiator event) but with yesterdays event the okay to stay was cleared by lost_witness, We were just told to reload the room.

Responsible X's will always reload a public room or public room giving others a chance to get in.. As was done yesterday.

But Tbh it isnt like we have a choice to use over ride or not.. If an X gets into a room before anyone else and rightfully queue's up, they get told to reload the room, Thus over-riding and then threads like this get started up..

myke
03-04-2008, 06:00 PM
They don't need to override anywhere tbh; but I don't have a problem with it

GommeInc
03-04-2008, 06:17 PM
They don't need that benefit to be honest. 3 welcome lounges which aren't completely fall now, so they have no reason for that priviledge. Besides, their jobs are now void. You can get better, reliable and faster information from the FAQs, I find :P

Perhaps the override rooms feature should be turned off when there are no Habbo eXpert related events?

Jericho
03-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I sent to Habbo:

[/COLOR]Habbo X's do not have a 'job' they are volunteers in a role. Habbo X's have the right to enter any Habbo competition and will wait for a room to be full before entering it, this is why there would have been 31/20 in the room, meaning they waited for the room to be full before entering, meaning no Habbos place was taken. They cannot help what their badge does, it is not their fault and should not be held accountable because of it.

[I]Yours,

--
0rca

Well if X's are volunteering to do the job, they should do it, if they are not doing the job, they shouldnt be x's, they have basicly decided to devote most time on habbo to helping, most are abusing powers.

I dont mean to be a muppet, but 3 x's on my list, .Matt..chenery., Tilet and Clover,x have all got VERY protective over this subject when I have mass messaged my console about it. Most of the X's I know have abused they're powers for this event (Not neceserily those above) But most!

Sharpsterz
03-04-2008, 06:21 PM
No Wonder That Many People Aplly To Be X's when you can do this :)

Sulai
03-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I don't think they should be able to override non-public spaces. They don't need to.

totally agree.

ElliottThompson
03-04-2008, 06:52 PM
X's keep on going that they enter the room after evri1 else has, that is not the point. The fact is that i have tried gettin into each event and failed even though i have been reloading the room every 2 secs 10 mins before it even opened just to make sure. But X's basically have a free pass into the event without the trouble. THAT IS NOT FAIR
AT ALL
Now that is abusing their power. They should get in like everyone else or stay out

Achieve
03-04-2008, 07:35 PM
I don't understand why they need so many benefits when they're only supposed to be welcoming people to habbo. I can understand the badge to stand out - but other features I feel are unnecessary.

X's will probably say that they dedicate their time so they deserve these benefits, but your the ones who volunteered your time to do it in the first place, well aware of what the job description is.

My two pence on the subject.

e5
03-04-2008, 07:36 PM
My view is, it happens and we should just deal with it.

Rixion
03-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Hopefully this problem will soon be resolved, with a fair outcome for both X's and non-X's.

Pyroka
03-04-2008, 08:32 PM
My view on it, and I'm standing by this post because you all annoy the crap out of me now when you lot do it. Take it from somebody whose moaned about it for around a year I'd say:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=4616474&postcount=146

Hi Habbo,

Yours,

--
0rca

Fair response from 0rca, but that's her job isn't it. You won't get any change by submitting complaints to Player Support. They'll just give you a little reply to keep you happy, and then wave you off on your way. They go by the T&C's.

:Act
03-04-2008, 08:41 PM
First of all, many of you clearly don't know what X's do within the hotel.
We don't only sit in the Welcome Lounge helping new ppl in the hotel
There is a lot more that we do, but unfortunately we dont get good coverage of this within the hotel.
Some of the other duties we do are:
Infobus sessions, BullyBuster sessions, many X Events [ie Games, Quests, Help shows], Tech Issues, Helping Habbo's all over the place and many more.
Our "job" is *NOT* to just sit in the Welcome Lounge 24 hours a day.
We do the duty that is set to us be in the WL, or The gaming rooms, or the safety spa, and then we do many other jobs outside of that initial duty [infobus etc]

Furthermore, we cannot help that we the override. We have it. End of story. Get over it.

Trust us tho, if we can come to some conclusive idea or system that will benefit the community, then we will do it. [we ARE working on it]
Until that time, you will have to be as patient as us on this one.

You think we like hearing you badmouth us all the time?

I refer people to the e-mail 0rca sent, as it quite succintly puts everyone in their place.
But we are trying to sort it out ok. So PLEASE can we have less of the constant X-Bashing, and a little more relaxation until the situation is resolved?
I'm sure ur all mature enough to do that. ^^
HAVE PATIENCE :)

Antony
03-04-2008, 08:42 PM
My view on it, and I'm standing by this post because you all annoy the crap out of me now when you lot do it. Take it from somebody whose moaned about it for around a year I'd say:

Fair response from 0rca, but that's her job isn't it. You won't get any change by submitting complaints to Player Support. They'll just give you a little reply to keep you happy, and then wave you off on your way. They go by the T&C's.

Obvious response from 0rca, she manages the X team :)

There is a lot more that we do, but unfortunately we dont get good coverage of this within the hotel.
Infobus sessions, BullyBuster sessions, many X Events [ie Games, Quests, Help shows], Tech Issues, Helping Habbo's all over the place and many more.
We do the duty that is set to us be in the WL, or The gaming rooms, or the safety spa, and then we do many other jobs outside of that initial duty [infobus etc]

Furthermore, we cannot help that we the override. We have it. End of story. Get over it.

Trust us tho, if we can come to some conclusive idea or system that will benefit the community, then we will do it. [we ARE working on it]

I refer people to the e-mail 0rca sent, as it quite succintly puts everyone in their place.
But we are trying to sort it out ok. So PLEASE can we have less of the constant X-Bashing, and a little more relaxation until the situation is resolved?

The issue, isn't what about you guys are doing within the Hotel, or what you do. We know the X team do bullybuster sessions, infobus etc, both that could be done in a Public Room, may I add. I am not ranting, but this thread is based on how X's are going into events before others, and the fact that the over-ride feature available to Habbo X's is not needed. By 0rca's response, the over-ride isn't going to change anytime soon, so I don't think their is anything to bare with you for.

Thanks.

Puma!
03-04-2008, 10:04 PM
11PM - The welcome lounge is full, any sign of habbo X'ers?

Of course not.

Hazza
03-04-2008, 10:12 PM

That was a pretty obvious response but I still think why should Xs get a chance to enter every competition? Thats what I find unfair.

Cryptoo
04-04-2008, 05:56 PM

Yours,

--
0rca
I disagree with that, and I take it that means they're doing nothing :S
I do believe habboX's have a job, they have guidlines and if they don't do their 'job' of helping people they're exicuted from the X team arn't they? (Job means - a piece of work, esp. a specific task done as part of the routine of one's occupation or for an agreed price: She gave him the job of mowing the lawn.). And tbh when they "wait for a room to be full before entering it" not all X's do that, and when its full its normally about several seconds of it being full, leaving to chances for people to leave to let others in. "it is not their fault and should not be held accountable because of it" I agree with this, its Sulakes fault and yet the staff are still gonna toss this outta' the way and ignore the complaints.

Niall!
05-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I think you should just all apply to be an X, and threaten to commit suicide if you don't become one.

They will take you seriously.

Simmzay
05-04-2008, 03:33 PM
I doubt you could make overriding room-specific. Just accept it I guess.

GommeInc
05-04-2008, 03:37 PM
And your reply has nothing to do with this conversation... It's about the ability to get into full rooms in official Habbo Competitions, not what you do around the Hotel which is pretty much what people are saying, you sit in a public rooms e.g. welcome lounge, spa, infobus and nothing else.

There is no need to have the ability to get into full rooms, only excuses from whiny Xs that don't want to lose this ability and don't want to admit that it's pointless. It's unfair for Habbos, trying to get into a room with 40/35 people in the room. Yes I can see why you may need it for Official Habbo eXpert events, but when there aren't any the ability should be turned off immediately.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!