PDA

View Full Version : US Man six months pregnant...

Jordy
04-04-2008, 05:37 PM
A US man who is six months pregnant, 10 years after undergoing a sex change operation, has said he considers his unborn child a "miracle".

Thomas Beatie, 34, said it was his right to have a child. The medical procedures he underwent a decade ago did not affect his reproductive system.

His wife says she inseminated him using sperm from an anonymous donor. Their doctor says it is a normal pregnancy.

"It's not a male or female desire to have a child," he said. "It's a human desire. I have a very stable male identity."

"He's going to be the father and I'm going to be the mother," she said.

The baby would be "daddy's little princess", said Mr Beatie, who described himself as a tomboy growing up.I think this story is reasonably sick to be fair, I haven't made my mind up on homosexual couples or transsexual couples having or adopting children, I think it'd be unfair for the child to have parent's like that, and perhaps they wouldn't be capable but anyway, I'm not trying to debate that.

I think it's sick her 'Dad' is giving birth to her, if they wanted a baby which is fair enough, and he has been a man for 10-years so his previous-transsexual status won't count for much, but couldn't the mother of had the baby instead, it would be more normal and less 'unusual' for the child? :S

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7330196.stm

Mr.Sam
04-04-2008, 05:41 PM
The ''Father'' is a woman who is a transexual, but kept all her reproductive organs.

I think this story is reasonably sick to be fair, I haven't made my mind up on homosexual couples or transsexual couples having or adopting children, I think it'd be unfair for the child to have parent's like that, and perhaps they wouldn't be capable but anyway, I'm not trying to debate that.

I think it's sick her 'Dad' is giving birth to her, if they wanted a baby which is fair enough, and he has been a man for 10-years so his previous-transsexual status won't count for much, but couldn't the mother of had the baby instead, it would be more normal and less 'unusual' for the child? :S

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7330196.stm

Teyauna.
04-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I agree. I think that if they were thinking of having a kid, they should've had the mother have it. Second of all, after he's been sharing the story with basically the world and it has broadcast around the world, this child will have a VERY rough life. After your 'dad' was pregnant with you and basically is a woman? Kids these days are mean and just imagine. Wow. That's not right. They can have kids if they want but still...

GommeInc
04-04-2008, 09:05 PM
I agree. I think that if they were thinking of having a kid, they should've had the mother have it. Second of all, after he's been sharing the story with basically the world and it has broadcast around the world, this child will have a VERY rough life. After your 'dad' was pregnant with you and basically is a woman? Kids these days are mean and just imagine. Wow. That's not right. They can have kids if they want but still...
According to some stories, his wife cannot become pregnant, she's infertile. He/she put his hand up to have the child :)

Jake145
04-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Thats got to be an April Fools.

Yoshimitsui
04-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Basicly it's just still a woman, just claiming rubbish to be honest.

Rent-a-car
04-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Basicly it's just still a woman, just claiming rubbish to be honest.

I agree edan

Cavaz
05-04-2008, 09:41 AM
ive known this for a while :s

but yeh its weird but its not sick. so stop saying it because people have rights.

Also this isn't the first time a man has been pregnant and given birth. Happened many times.

Bef
05-04-2008, 09:50 AM
So does he have a penis? I mean, if hes still got all the womenly parts down their then i dont see what the big deal is.
I dont think they should be welcoming all this media attention, it wont be fair on the kid in the long run. Theyl more then likely get bullied for it, people are cruel.

Cavaz
05-04-2008, 10:18 AM
there are other ways of having babys -.-

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!