PDA

View Full Version : Stocks/Shares & Money-Making!?!

Hey,

Well I turned 16 a few weeks back and now I think I am ready to go one step ahead and start my dreams of becoming a sucessful Businessman. I am predicted good GCSE grades and wanting to go on to college to study more about the Business & Finance world by taking A-Levels in Accounting,Business,Economics and Maths.

Basically at the moment I have a good amount of money stored away in a Good rate interest savings account which I am playing to move into a Mini-Cash ISA for more interest meaning more cash.

Well from you guys basically I need to know some Job Ideas and ways to make money in the summer holidays if you have any? It would help alot :).

Also I would like to find out how old you have to be to buy stocks/shares in a company. You know try and get a quick profit in a short-term time.

Thanks and if you have any other relevant information then please feel FREE to post :)!

Amit™

Invent
04-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Also I would like to find out how old you have to be to buy stocks/shares in a company. You know try and get a quick profit in a short-term time.

First mistake. Never aim to make a quick profit in a "short-time".

Kieran
04-04-2008, 11:32 PM
I beg to differ ;)
Stocks and shares is all about knowing when to go in at the right time to make a quick profit.

Invent
04-04-2008, 11:35 PM
I beg to differ
Stocks and shares is all about knowing when to go in at the right time to make a quick profit.What I am saying is, don't just look for a popular business and plunge money into it. Research the business before you invest anything. So in other words, don't invest to make some quick money, invest if you think the return on your investment is profitiable, etc.

Kieran
04-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Ah I see. The way I read it didn't sound like that was the point you were putting across =)
Misunderstanding

kk.
04-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Basically at the moment I have a good amount of money stored away in a Good rate interest savings account which I am playing to move into a Mini-Cash ISA for more interest meaning more cash.

As far as i am aware, from todayl, they are stopping the mini cash ISA.

You are in the sort of area i am interested in and are taking similar a-levels. My suggestion to you if youw ant to become a business man is to go into your local bank branches and ask if they offer any sort of courses that you can take and be offered money to go to university (cant remember what they're called lol)

as for saturday jobs, just go into any shop and ask if theyre recruiting. go into shops that you actually want to work in or you will get bored

DJ-Vimto
05-04-2008, 12:27 AM
You are in the sort of area i am interested in and are taking similar a-levels. My suggestion to you if youw ant to become a business man is to go into your local bank branches and ask if they offer any sort of courses that you can take and be offered money to go to university (cant remember what they're called lol)

to me that sounds similar to a scholarship or bursary type thing

kk.
05-04-2008, 12:32 AM
scholarship, thats it. i knew it began with an S lmao. its late :(

I think the Mini-Cash ISA is too late, I know you can still open one but it is not going to be the same rate has I would of got if I opened it yesterday which would of been 6.50% :(. About the Stocks/Shares thing I would of done research before buying into a firm. Does anyone know the age you have to be to buy some shares in a firm please? For the Job thing I think I am going to start after my GCSE's so I have some qualifications to put down wherever I apply, I am thinking of ASDA only on saturdays, It's something like £200 and a few pounds a month, not bad.

Amit

GommeInc
05-04-2008, 11:02 AM
I supposedly have shares in Tescos, EuroStar/Channel Tunnel and some Hong Kong company :S But that's another story.

Loads of business type companies offer jobs to people your age BUT you must go through training before or during your job. When I got offered a job at Britvic, they were going to put me into the marketing sector which lets you go out and do market related stuff and train you at the same time and there are quite a few companies that do the same sort of thing.

Browney
05-04-2008, 11:51 AM
How much do you have to spend on shares? The more you spend the more you earn. So if you do go to work at ASDA, and get those 200 quid a month, it'll help. I know this because I got sent with some students to do a "Stock Market Challenge" with all these other schools. We made diddly squat because we kept too much money to ourselves. So yeah spend as much as your brave enough too. :P

About how old, I have no idea, sorry.

Mrs.McCall
05-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Halifax do a Stocks and Shares ISA now... obviously your money can go up and down but maybe it's something to look into because it combines savings with shares :)

Well am 16, i think the Halifax Shares thing you have to be 18 or 21. I have about 3K from a few years back when I had a Job it was something like 2K then but because of interest and other stuff it has grown, so its not that bad I reckon.
I am thinking, I will look at the Manchester Stock Exchange and how they are going up and down. How do I actually by the shares? Do I just goto the counter and for example I want to buy £600s worth of shares in such a company? then they give me some proof I have bought it?

I have been more inspired to stay in Business & Finance by watching "Dragons Den" and "The Apprentice" LOL, Good shows!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!