PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Klydo ~ Staff Positions

Dentafrice
06-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Howdy,

Want to work with Klydo in developing a next-gen social networking site?

After being in development and planning for a while now, we are seeking into the crevices to find staff worthy enough for Klydo.

Notice: Developer applications will be posted soon.

We the following positions open:
Marketing Staff
Advertising Staff
Linux SysAdmin
Public Relations
Skin Producers
Planning staffThese positions will be displayed in more details below.

All positions require a CV/Resume. If this is not included in your application, it will automatically be deleted.

--------------------------
Marketing Staff
Marketing staff will be in charge of managing advertising and marketing campaigns for Klydo.

These users will need a background experience in marketing and/or advertising.

These users will need experience on their CV/Resume proving this, either courses and/or work experience will be required.

To apply for this job please send your application:

To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]

Please attach your CV/Resume to this.
Please include the job title you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail.

Unless otherwise noted, all positions will be part time, and voluntary (until budget approves otherwise), all work will be from home.
Advertising Staff
Advertising Staff will be responsible for managing and developing advertising campaigns for companies/individuals wishing to advertise on Klydo.

These users will need a background experience in marketing and/or advertising.

These users will need experience on their CV/Resume proving this, either courses and/or work experience will be required.

Please include the job title you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail.

Unless otherwise noted, all positions will be part time, and voluntary (until budget approves otherwise), all work will be from home.

Linux SysAdmin

Klydo is looking for a system administrator to develop our growing infrastructure. Your role is mainly focused on our server infrastructure. An interest in networking and Linux is essiental. You will be working within the technical team to maintain and expand our hardware to keep Klydo in development.

We do have junior and senior positions available.

Responsibilites:
* Configure new servers, including linux installs (debian/ubuntu) and network setup
* Assist in network management tool administration
* Sysadmin related development support
* Hardware maintenance and troubleshooting

Desired skills:

* Linux and sysadmin-fu
* Good LAN and WAN troubleshooting skills
* Scripting skills
* Knowledge of multiple distros of Linux.

Public Relations
The public relations team will be responsible for releasing press releases, communicating with the public about future releases and features, as well as being an on-site community official.

Skin Producers

Skin producers will be working in terms of creating skins for the upcoming release of Klydo.

We wish to have a large 'Skin Gallery' available for users when Klydo opens.

Responsibilites:
* Managing and creating skins for 'Skin Gallery'

Required skills:

* (x)HTML
* CSS
* Div/Tables

Planning Staff

Planning staff will be responsible for working with the Public Relations staff in communicating with the community in order to provide a more next-gen social network.

These staff will communicate with the community to see what exactly the users want. The planning staff will then report to the developers, which will then develop the product.

Thank you,
Greg Cooper & Caleb Mingle
Klydo

Closed by Hitman (Forum Moderator): Thread has gone offtopic.

superstar911
07-04-2008, 04:41 PM
I'll be applying. But before I do is there a minimum age for jobs?

timROGERS
07-04-2008, 08:29 PM
I applied but I was ignored so...oh well.

Kieran
07-04-2008, 08:32 PM
I'd better get completing a CV so I can apply =)

Jamesy
07-04-2008, 08:33 PM
I'd better get completing a CV so I can apply =)

yeah it's way too professional for me. Good luck with it though :)

Dentafrice
07-04-2008, 08:41 PM
I applied but I was ignored so...oh well.

I replied to your e-mail?

kk.
07-04-2008, 08:41 PM
im guessing they have included a CV so they can check your grades and it also prooves ytour organised (and you tend to be over 16 ;))

caleb, i had a reply but do i have to reply because i asked a question?

Xeros
07-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Can you apply at more than one position as I'm currently interested in two :)

Kieran
07-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Well I just sent my application off =)

Klydo
08-04-2008, 03:24 AM
Please be aware you may or may not get a reply within the coming weeks. This doesn't mean you've succeed or indeed not succeeded in getting the job. We will reply to any emails where you've asked questions, however we won't be replying about your success with your application until a later date.

We're sorry if you don't get a quick reply, it's a little hectic at the moment with the new server and the actual building of the site.

I will try to reply to anyone who hasn't had a reply as of yet.

Hypertext
18-04-2008, 12:24 PM
A developer application. Caleb won't accept anybody. As anybody but him is an epic failure.

Blob
18-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I can't get a job 'cos of my age :(

Excellent
18-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I can't get a job 'cos of my age :(How old are you Blob?

Blob
18-04-2008, 12:52 PM
How old are you Blob?

13 in July

(12)

Dentafrice
18-04-2008, 07:27 PM
A developer application. Caleb won't accept anybody. As anybody but him is an epic failure.

If we needed developers, we would open developer applications, and even if we did.. I wouldn't hire anyone on here as a developer.

I'll accept someone who has the required knowledge, for what we need.

Invent
18-04-2008, 07:30 PM
If we needed developers, we would open developer applications, and even if we did.. I wouldn't hire anyone on here as a developer.

You make it sound like you're the best developer on this forum, which is actually quite funny.

Dentafrice
18-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm not saying I am, but I wouldn't hire anyone on here, its quite simple.

If I want the job done right, i'm going to pay for someone to do it correctly, instead of asking for people on a game forum..

Excellent
18-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm not saying I am, but I wouldn't hire anyone on here, its quite simple.

If I want the job done right, i'm going to pay for someone to do it correctly, instead of asking for people on a game forum..Yet you are advertising your social network on this "game forum"?

Dentafrice
18-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah, i'm advertising it, but from the aspects of developing it, I wouldn't hire anyone on here to do it.

Excellent
18-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah, i'm advertising it, but from the aspects of developing it, I wouldn't hire anyone on here to do it.Why is this?

Dentafrice
18-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I just don't feel the need to hire someone from an internet game forum, when I could easily go to a professional site for that.

Agnostic Bear
18-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I just don't feel the need to hire someone from an internet game forum, when I could easily go to a professional site for that.

Well go to this professional forum and stop ******** up the forums with these threads which in the end result in nothing happening.

Invent
18-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Well go to this professional forum and stop ******** up the forums with these threads which in the end result in nothing happening.

Agreed, I thought I was bad with threads, but wow.

Jackboy
18-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Your all as bad as each other, arguing over who thinks i am the best, u shud al just shh!

Anyway i wud apply but i cba with cv ;9

Dentafrice
18-04-2008, 08:09 PM

Actually we have an inbox full of applications, which I have yet to go through :rolleyes:

Agreed, I thought I was bad with threads, but wow.

I do remember a time people were agitated at you, for billions of POWERPanel threads?

I, myself, have created a total of five thread about Klydo: http://www.habboxforum.com/search.php?searchid=2472699

You have fourteen about POWERPanel

http://www.habboxforum.com/search.php?searchid=2472696

Excellent
18-04-2008, 08:36 PM
So your saying lolcopters or whoever isn't worthy of working to develope your social network because he's on a "game forum".

L?KE
18-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I would apply for the making skins part, but I don'y know if being under 16 would affect me. Plus I duno about the cv side of things ;)

Invent
18-04-2008, 08:44 PM
You have fourteen about POWERPanel

http://www.habboxforum.com/search.php?searchid=2472696

In the space of over a year...

L?KE
18-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Does it really matter about how many threads either of you have posted?

Gaaawd give it a rest.

Excellent
18-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Okay heres a solution! If you have an update stick it in your signature as it's all spam until the release date. Or better still have an updates blog on your site? I would suggest wordpress but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't take a suggestion from someone on a "game forum".

Dentafrice
18-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Okay heres a solution! If you have an update stick it in your signature as it's all spam until the release date. Or better still have an updates blog on your site? I would suggest wordpress but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't take a suggestion from someone on a "game forum".
We did have Wordpress installed, then tried CushyCMS :) Thanks for the suggestion though.

Our site isn't popular enough yet for enough people to hear about the updates. I may look into getting a VIP sub-forum.

Excellent
18-04-2008, 08:56 PM
We did have Wordpress installed, then tried CushyCMS :) Thanks for the suggestion though.

Our site isn't popular enough yet for enough people to hear about the updates. I may look into getting a VIP sub-forum.Well I'd love to hear about some updates as I watched the little video's Mr.Klydo posted on Klydo and I'm intrested in the site.

VIP sub-forum would be better.

L?KE
18-04-2008, 08:57 PM
I agree with Gork.

He is superhumanly intelligent.

Excellent
18-04-2008, 09:02 PM
I agree with Gork.

He is superhumanly intelligent.
Why thankyou Mr.L?KE, I am known to have my superior opinions:8

Hypertext
19-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Caleb, stop being arrogant. There are quite a few people better than you on this forum. You can't even afford a sub-forum for Klydo, so I doubt your going to get very far. You have a marketing manager whos being hired for free. You say you will go to a professional forum... maybe don't be so arrogant, as some people on here can code better than you.

edit: i see 10 if we include 'hex codes' and that turned into klydo... the header colors, and if we include fav youtube videos, which was quite obviously for klydo.

Dentafrice
19-04-2008, 12:44 AM
I stated threads created by me, so there are six if we include the Youtube videos.

Okay, I want to know who you think is better then me, other then the obvious of Baving and Just-One.

We also have a steady income now ;) Which is enough to make Klydo pretty stable.

Also, lets speak about how your "Flyxa" is going, I don't see how you can make uneducated guesses about my site, when your site isn't going to get one toe off the ground.

I don't know of anyone who would want to work or volunteer their time at Flyxa.

Excellent
19-04-2008, 12:50 AM
I stated threads created by me, so there are six if we include the Youtube videos.

Okay, I want to know who you think is better then me, other then the obvious of Baving and Just-One.

We also have a steady income now ;) Which is enough to make Klydo pretty stable.

Also, lets speak about how your "Flyxa" is going, I don't see how you can make uneducated guesses about my site, when your site isn't going to get one toe off the ground.

I don't know of anyone who would want to work or volunteer their time at Flyxa.For some reason I seem to have spawned a copy of CodeeBackend?

Dentafrice
19-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Well it can't be that great.

Excellent
19-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Well it can't be that great.No it's actually coded disgustingly.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2ito57r.jpg
How lovely... :o I see a rip!?
http://i25.tinypic.com/1zbx8wh.jpg
SUE ME?

Dentafrice
19-04-2008, 12:58 AM
No it's actually coded disgustingly.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2ito57r.jpg
How lovely... :o I see a rip!?
http://i25.tinypic.com/1zbx8wh.jpg
SUE ME?
What are you talking about?

Excellent
19-04-2008, 01:04 AM
What are you talking about?Some of his images.

OH!? Explain this Mr.Reconix?

<?php

/** @class: InputFilter (PHP4 & PHP5, with comments)
* @project: PHP Input Filter
* @date: 10-05-2005
* @version: 1.2.2_php4/php5
* @author: Daniel Morris
* @contributors: Gianpaolo Racca, Ghislain Picard, Marco Wandschneider, Chris Tobin and Andrew Eddie.
* @copyright: Daniel Morris
* @email: [email protected]
* @license: GNU General Public License (GPL)
*/
class InputFilter {
var $tagsArray; // default = empty array
var $attrArray; // default = empty array

var $tagsMethod; // default = 0
var $attrMethod; // default = 0

var $xssAuto; // default = 1
var $tagBlacklist = array('applet', 'body', 'bgsound', 'base', 'basefont', 'embed', 'frame', 'frameset', 'head', 'html', 'id', 'iframe', 'ilayer', 'layer', 'link', 'meta', 'name', 'object', 'script', 'style', 'title', 'xml');
var $attrBlacklist = array('action', 'background', 'codebase', 'dynsrc', 'lowsrc'); // also will strip ALL event handlers

Dentafrice
19-04-2008, 01:10 AM
LOL, same filter I used to use.

Excellent
19-04-2008, 01:12 AM
LOL, same filter I used to use.Lols, theres more where that came from as I see some code I recognize but I've shamed him enough tonight. Change it Mr.Reconix or I'll leak it.

Dentafrice
19-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Oh, oh oh oh... Reconix.. I would just like to say.. by far you are pathetic.

I helped you, showed you how to do things, and you go and use my code.. and then sell your ******* product. Thats pretty goddamn low.

I reviewed your entire CMS from front to back, and the entire core is my code, edited!

You think you have the ******* nerve to sell that? It is my code, busted down to a lower quality.

It even uses the same exact variable names, the same exact comments, and the same exact ******* positions of the same functions.

In the same place, its my code.. and you think you can use it.

<?php
/**
* $db core
*/

class database {

private $server;
private $username;
private $password;
private $database;

/**
* __Construct()
*/
function __construct() {

}

/**
* Connecting configuration
*/

public function connect($server, $username, $password, $database) {
if ($server == NULL || $username == NULL || $database == NULL) {
//TODO: error.
} else {
$this->server = $server;
$this->username = $username;
$this->password = $password;
$this->database = $database;
$this->database_connect ();
}
}

/**
* Emulating mysql_error()
*/

public function error($text) {
echo "<div class=\"error\">There has been an error. Please try again later. <br /><br /> " . $text . "</div>";
exit ();
}

/**
* Emulating mysql_connect()
*/

private function database_connect() {
$conn = @mysql_connect ( $this->server, $this->username, $this->password );
if ($conn == false) {
$this->error ( mysql_error () );
} else {
$this->select_db ();
}
}

/**
* Emulating mysql_select_db()
*/

private function select_db() {
$select_db = @mysql_select_db ( $this->database );
if ($select_db == false) {
$this->error ( mysql_error () );
}
}

/**
* Emulating mysql_query()
*/

public function query($query_text) {
$query = mysql_query ( $query_text ) or die ( mysql_error () );
return $query;
}

/**
* Emulating mysql_fetch_array()
*/

public function fetch_array($query_object) {
$fetch = mysql_fetch_array ( $query_object );
return $fetch;
}

/**
* Emulating mysql_num_rows()
*/

public function num_rows($query_object) {
$num = mysql_num_rows ( $query_object );
return $num;
}

/**
* __Destruct()
*/
function __destruct() {
unset ( $this->server );
unset ( $this->username );
unset ( $this->password );
unset ( $this->database );
mysql_close ();
}
}

/**
* Create $db if not existing already
*/
if (! isset ( $db )) {
$db = new database ( );
}

?>

My database core.

public function check_login() {

global $settings;
$id = session_id ();
$start = $this->query("SELECT * FROM session WHERE session_id='$id'" );
$start_n = $this->num_rows( $start );
if ($start_n == "0") {
return "0";
} else {
$get_session_a = $this->fetch_array( $start );
$user_id = $get_session_a ["userid"];
$check_user = $this->query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE id='$user_id'" );
$c_u_n = $this->num_rows( $check_user );
if ($c_u_n == "0") {
return "0";
} else {
$timeout = $settings->timeout();
$now = time ();
$last = $get_session_a ["date"];
$check = $now - $last;
if ($check > $timeout) {
return "0";
} else {
$this->query("UPDATE session SET date='$now' WHERE session_id='$id'" );
return "1";
}
}
}
}

My same exact check login function. EXACT!

public function getuserid() {
$session = session_id();
$get_user_id = $this->query("SELECT * FROM session WHERE session_id='$session'");
$fetch_user_id = $this->fetch_array($get_user_id);
$user_id_tag = $fetch_user_id['userid'];
return $user_id_tag;
}

You changed the name of the function, good job.. not. Your pathetic.

<?php
session_start();
class login extends database {
private $username;
private $password;
private $ip;
private $level;
private $time;
/**
* Construct
*/
function __construct() {
parent::__construct ();

}

public function begin_login($username, $password) {
$username = mysql_real_escape_string ( $username );
$password = mysql_real_escape_string ( $password );
if ($username == "" || $password == "") {
echo "<div class=\"error\">You have left a <strong>required</strong> field <strong>blank!</strong><br /><br /><a onclick=\"dform();\" href=\"#\"><font color=\"white\">Go back</font></a></div>";
exit ();
} else {
$password = md5 ( $password );
$this->username = $username;
$this->password = $password;
$this->ip = $_SERVER ["REMOTE_ADDR"];
$this->time = time ();
$this->check_username ();
}
}

public function check_username() {
$get_user = $this->query ( "SELECT user FROM users WHERE user='$this->username'" );
$get_user_n = $this->num_rows ( $get_user );
if ($get_user_n == "0") {
$data = "Username: $this->username \n";
$data .= "Password: $this->password \n";
$data .= "Time: $this->time \n";
$data .= "IP: $this->ip \n";
$data .= "Type: BAD USERNAME";
$this->query ( "INSERT INTO logins (data) VALUES('$data')" );
echo "<div class=\"error\">You have entered an <strong>incorrect</strong> password!<br /><br /><a onclick=\"dform();\" href=\"#\"><font color=\"white\">Go back</font></a></div>";
exit ();
} else {
$this->check_password ();
}
}

public function check_password() {
$get_user_p = $this->query ( "SELECT user, password FROM users WHERE user='$this->username' AND password='$this->password'" );
$get_user_p_n = $this->num_rows ( $get_user_p );
if ($get_user_p_n == "0") {
$data = "Username: $this->username \n";
$data .= "Password: $this->password \n";
$data .= "Time: $this->time \n";
$data .= "IP: $this->ip \n";
$data .= "Type: BAD PASSWORD";
$this->query ( "INSERT INTO logins (data) VALUES('$data')" );
echo "<div class=\"error\">You have entered an <strong>incorrect</strong> password<br /><br /><a onclick=\"dform();\" href=\"#\"><font color=\"white\">Go back</font></a></div>";
exit ();
} else {
$this->check_banned ();
}
}

public function check_banned() {
$get_user_b = $this->query ( "SELECT banned FROM users WHERE user='$this->username'" );
$get_user_b_a = $this->fetch_array ( $get_user_b );
if ($get_user_b_a ["banned"] == "1") {
echo "<div class=\"error\">You are <strong>banned</strong>.<br /><br /><a onclick=\"dform();\" href=\"#\"><font color=\"white\">Go back</font></a></div>";
exit ();
} else {
$this->set_session();
}
}

public function set_session() {
$myuid_query = $this->query("SELECT id FROM users WHERE user='$this->username'");
$myuid_arr = $this->fetch_array($myuid_query);
$uid = $myuid_arr['id'];
$this->ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$this->time = time();
$session_id = session_id();
$this->query("DELETE FROM session WHERE session_id='$session_id'");
$this->query("DELETE FROM session WHERE userid='$uid'");
$this->query("INSERT INTO session (session_id, ip, date, userid) VALUES('$session_id', '$this->ip', '$this->time', '$uid')");
$this->query("INSERT INTO logs (type, time, ip, userused, passused) VALUES ('Login', '$this->time', '$this->ip', '$this->username', 'PWGoesHere')");
echo "login";
}

/**
* Destruct
*/
function __destruct() {

}
}

if (! isset ( $login )) {
$login = new login ( );
}

?>

My login core, not to mention all the other **** that is mine.

don't think this is over; )

NEW-START
19-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Oh deary me!

Edited by Hitman (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Excellent
19-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Oh I am a naughty boy!

RSTurbo
19-04-2008, 11:41 AM
1 word:

CHILL

Excellent
19-04-2008, 11:47 AM
1 word:

CHILLI do not mean to be rude but Mr.Dentrafrice has worked on his coding and then some child called Mr.Reconix comes along and takes it. I'd be pretty hacked off too.

VistaBoy
19-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Okay what is with this forum with one bagging anther it seems to go on and on.......

any whys i mite look in to applying for Planning Staff.

L?KE
19-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Stole all that code.

That's pathetic.

You must be an idiot to think you can steal code from some one on this forum, then sell the product to people on this forum.

Excellent
19-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Oh! I seem to have found a rapidshare link:rolleyes:
http://rapidshare.com/files/108711912/cms_2.zip.html

Enjoy.

L?KE
19-04-2008, 12:32 PM
lol'ed irl. :D

ebay
19-04-2008, 06:59 PM
You need a CV yet is voluntary work....Can't see the point in that

redtom
19-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Its kinda amusing how hes asking for CVs from a group of people were around 95% of them have zero recognized qualifications.

Blob
19-04-2008, 07:43 PM
You need a CV yet is voluntary work....Can't see the point in that

Does age come under that aswell?

Excellent
19-04-2008, 07:46 PM
You need a CV yet is voluntary work....Can't see the point in thatAre you think or just mentally challenged? They want to know what skills you have. You can't just say to them *OH YH I CAN CODE PHP N C++ N PERL N JAVASCRIPT* And expect them to believe it? They want references from previous sites which they can quick if required.

Jackboy
19-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh! I seem to have found a rapidshare link:rolleyes:

Enjoy.

Im taking no sides here, but Gork that rly aint on. Ripping someone elses code :S

I mean i used to nick techtuts code and edit it and claim as my own :rolleyes:

But still, its not on.

Dentafrice
19-04-2008, 08:26 PM
What are you talking about? :P He didn't rip anyones code, Reconix did.

Movieen
19-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Im taking no sides here, but Gork that rly aint on. Ripping someone elses code :S

But still, its not on.

Let me guess, no arms, makes you dumb? :rolleyes:

&LOL@RECONIX

Excellent
19-04-2008, 08:48 PM

But still, its not on.I'm sorry but I am in full position to "leak" someones code when they have stolen it. I'll say it again..

SUE ME.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!