PDA

View Full Version : What's it like levelling a druid?

Crimson
07-04-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm trying to level a tauren druid, but for starters mulgore is HELL. I'm going to try to persivere though - but they seem to be a pain in the *** to level. Most classes at level 1 are easy but druids are just annoying. You hit crap with your staff and you run out of mana after 2 spells and hte mob is still on 50% hp.

Post 10, what's it like- i'm assuming it's still not great.. since you get a tank form. That's real helpful for levelling :P

I want a boomkin (even though that's 40 :P). I've never levelled a druid past level 9 n_n

Carlos
07-04-2008, 05:36 PM
once you get cat form you'll have lots of fun

Nemo
07-04-2008, 05:59 PM
once you get cat form you'll have lots of fun

i'd also stick to feral lvling. boomkin = nono

Callum.
07-04-2008, 06:03 PM
It can be pretty good for grinding I think, cat form, fight, heal, back to cat form.

Crimson
07-04-2008, 06:10 PM

:O Really? I thought they'd be pretty awesome, starfire in then pop a wrath and down they go ;P

Axel
07-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Mulgore is a **** starting area I, but don't let that put you off.

Nemo
07-04-2008, 09:40 PM
:O Really? I thought they'd be pretty awesome, starfire in then pop a wrath and down they go ;PThey are faster to kill things, but more downtime (feral has no downtime) and feral is best for multitasking and instancing along the way.

Imagine
07-04-2008, 09:41 PM
I got my druid to level 35 before, i though it was pretty easy once you get your cat and dire bear forms, even more so if you specialize in feral combat.

Danzilla
07-04-2008, 11:44 PM
I started a Horde druid and it was hell! ;P
I also heard that leveling is no fun until you get cat at 20.
When i played on a privet server i played a dr00d and it was fun as anything!!
When i start again im going to dr00d. :]

micky.blue.eyes
08-04-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm a level 42 Night Elf druid and I love it. Leveling it at the beginning was quite annoying though, that's why I spec'ed in balance. I'm having loads of fun with my moonkin form, 5% extra crit hit chance and when you crit hit your next spells casting time is reduces by 0.5 sec. :D Also most melee attacks restore mana. <3

No idea what Mulgore is like but being a Night Elf wasn't too bad, just going in dungeons on your own was a hell because you can't tangle the enemies. :(

Nemo
08-04-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm a level 42 Night Elf druid and I love it. Leveling it at the beginning was quite annoying though, that's why I spec'ed in balance. I'm having loads of fun with my moonkin form, 5% extra crit hit chance and when you crit hit your next spells casting time is reduces by 0.5 sec. :D Also most melee attacks restore mana. <3

No idea what Mulgore is like but being a Night Elf wasn't too bad, just going in dungeons on your own was a hell because you can't tangle the enemies. :(
Thats why feral owns.

Also lotp and improved lotp is great because of the 5% melee/ranged crit chance (i think (lol 10-70feral and i dont even know for sure)) and heals you for 4% of ur health everytime you crit. Also feral works whereever u are and is best for healing in instances if u arent specced resto (the +20% Int + Stam talent). Admittedly balance is much more fun but it's too much trouble when it comes down to the fact you have to do quests at the yellow/green lvl otherwise u generally cant do them because of the mobs resisting all ur attacks.

So yer. :p

Wig44.
09-04-2008, 07:00 AM
You're meant to do yellow quests!:P I have done some while they were orange but the idea is you do em at yellow...
...I think.

Crimson
09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Thats why feral owns.

Also lotp and improved lotp is great because of the 5% melee/ranged crit chance (i think (lol 10-70feral and i dont even know for sure)) and heals you for 4% of ur health everytime you crit. Also feral works whereever u are and is best for healing in instances if u arent specced resto (the +20% Int + Stam talent). Admittedly balance is much more fun but it's too much trouble when it comes down to the fact you have to do quests at the yellow/green lvl otherwise u generally cant do them because of the mobs resisting all ur attacks.

So yer. :p

To be honest.. I've never actually done an orange quest. haha xD
I think i'm going to go feral up to 40, then respec to boomkin ;] I'm all in for fun - since my other characters..

Paladin = No fun, at all...
Rogues = Follow the same spec (kinda) as the cat. So I want somthing abit different x]

jamie5k
09-04-2008, 11:57 PM

Lol clearly under estimated balance spec.

When levelling my druid I found it pretty fun, was feral till 40 then went balance till 70 and enjoyed it ^.^

Nemo
09-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Lol clearly under estimated balance spec.

When levelling my druid I found it pretty fun, was feral till 40 then went balance till 70 and enjoyed it ^.^
im talking about quick,easier and generally more handy to lvl.

ofc, moonkin is much more funner

jamie5k
10-04-2008, 12:04 AM
im talking about quick,easier and generally more handy to lvl.

ofc, moonkin is much more funner

Right clearly you dont know anything about the spec. Moonkin is just as good as feral when it comes to levelling imo seeing as I levelled as both specs.

Thats why feral owns.

too much trouble when it comes down to the fact you have to do quests at the yellow/green lvl otherwise u generally cant do them because of the mobs resisting all ur attacks.

Dodge, Miss, Parry?

Youheard
10-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Right clearly you dont know anything about the spec. Moonkin is just as good as feral when it comes to levelling imo seeing as I levelled as both specs.

Dodge, Miss, Parry?

You don't seriously expect him to have a clue what he's on about do you?!

jamie5k
10-04-2008, 12:25 AM

Noes but moonkin needs some loving around here<3

Nemo
10-04-2008, 09:57 AM

Dodge, Miss, Parry?
Moonkin is good, its faster with killing mobs, yet there is some downtime.. not LOADS like a mage, but some. When it comes down to instances, yes a moonkin can tank (ive down like each TK instance with a moonkin tank) but when it comes to tanking, ppl prefer a feral 1. Also if you wanna heal without respeccing to resto along the way, which i did, then the feral talent that gives +20% int and stam is great.

I do like moonkin more overall because its pure fun, but im talkin generally here.

You're mean =]

jamie5k
10-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Moonkin is good, its faster with killing mobs, yet there is some downtime.. not LOADS like a mage, but some. When it comes down to instances, yes a moonkin can tank (ive down like each TK instance with a moonkin tank) but when it comes to tanking, ppl prefer a feral 1. Also if you wanna heal without respeccing to resto along the way, which i did, then the feral talent that gives +20% int and stam is great.

I do like moonkin more overall because its pure fun, but im talkin generally here.

You're mean =]

Downtime?

And im not really talking about whether a moonkin can tank instances compared to a feral spec one. :rolleyes:

Dont really understand why you say moonkin is a nono yet you claim its "faster with killing mobs".

And tbh that talent doesnt really make you great off-spec healers as feral, providing you want to put your points in that talent ofc :rolleyes:

Nemo
10-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Downtime?

And im not really talking about whether a moonkin can tank instances compared to a feral spec one. :rolleyes:

Dont really understand why you say moonkin is a nono yet you claim its "faster with killing mobs".

And tbh that talent doesnt really make you great off-spec healers as feral, providing you want to put your points in that talent ofc :rolleyes:

ok, by saying its a nono was wrong xD, but im talking overall and you're not, thats why.

Basically, if u wanna choose ur spec, its down to how u wanna play and what u prefer. simple.

TehJoshy
10-04-2008, 11:15 PM
For me it was slow and painful :D!
but the end results are pretty awsome <3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!