PDA

View Full Version : cPanel Help! +REP!

Mindless,
08-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I have a template for my site. i uploaded the coding for it. but i also have an image file. I Read the coding and it says /images."Whatever picture".gif or another format. but in file manager i put the images in the public file. i go onto the site and all the pictures have a cross. So they havent worked! Please help me i am new with cpanel. So please tellk me what to do. If you help me +rep

iUnknown
08-04-2008, 11:49 AM
It shouldn't be an image file that you upload. You should find an images folder containing many images.

If you don't find this folder, it's probably because you've used winzip or something to uncompress a zip folder containing the layout. Download WinRar (http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar371.exe) and use that because it'll allow you to extract all the files correctly.

Or, just upload the ZIP file and uncompress it using file manager on cPanel, that should do it correctly.

Have fun :)

--ss--
08-04-2008, 12:52 PM
When using legacy filer manager a pop up will come up telling you what directory you would like to use , use the 2nd option of webroot , make a new folder called "images" then upload the images to it ;).

Mindless,
08-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks. i know how to do it now! thatks to SS!
Thank you. +REP!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!