PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band Release & Pricing

Stitch
08-04-2008, 01:07 PM
http://kotaku.com/377152/rock-band-gets-official-european-release-date
http://ea.gamespress.com/

Quit rubbing your eyes, kid, this is real! EA have formally, officially and properly announced that Rock Band will be launching in Europe on May 23. The catch? As was pretty much already surmised, it's only appearing on 360, with the PS3, Wii and PS2 versions only vaguely scheduled for "Summer".

When Rock Band was released in the US, it cost $169, and came with the game, guitar, microphone and drums. Not a bad deal. But in Europe, on May 23rd? Good heavens. The game won't come in a single bundle. Instead, there's two products available at lauch. One is called the "Instrument Edition", which costs £130/€170. It comes with a guitar, drums, and mic. That's it. No game. No, if you want the game as well, it'll cost you another £50/€70. That brings the cost of the game and three instruments to £180/€240. Or, USD$378. Three hundred and seventy-eight dollars. I know, things are always more expensive in Europe, but...damn.

Songs will be 160 MS points each, and all downloadable songs currently available in the US will be available from launch, along with nine bonus Euro-specific tracks. Oh, and starting May 27, all new DLC will be simultaneously available in both the US and European stores. Click through for the list of European-exclusive songs:

* "Beetlebum" by Blur
* "Rock 'n' Roll Star" by Oasis
* "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel
* "Hysteria" by Muse
* "Hier Kommt Alex" by Die Toten Hosen
* "Perfekte Welle" by Juli
* "Countdown to Insanity" by H-Block X
* "Manu Chao" by Les Wampas
* "New Wave" by Playmo

£180 for a game :@ Looks like ill be importing my copy.

Grindie
08-04-2008, 01:47 PM
now thats really put me off it, i was thinking £120 at most :@

BlueMoon
08-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Thats cheap... you get a drum kit, guitar and a mic? Quite your moaning. :rolleyes:
Don't be cheap. Value for money tbh... three pieces of decent kit AND a decent game?

Agent 47
08-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Thats cheap... you get a drum kit, guitar and a mic? Quite your moaning. :rolleyes:
Don't be cheap. Value for money tbh... three pieces of decent kit AND a decent game?
You are kidding, right?

We're paying over DOUBLE what the americans are paying, and we've had to wait half a year for this game. And what do we get for it? Nine bonus songs? Woop de doo.

BlueMoon
08-04-2008, 02:59 PM
You are kidding, right?

We're paying over DOUBLE what the americans are paying, and we've had to wait half a year for this game. And what do we get for it? Nine bonus songs? Woop de doo.
Americans are cheap, we can afford to pay 'more'. :rolleyes:

Fez
08-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Translates to $387, US got it for $160

Stitch
08-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Anyone know any sites other than Ebay where i can get it from US? (My parents hate Ebay)

Neil
08-04-2008, 03:11 PM

£180 is ALOT for one game

Going by games normally costing about £40 you could get 5 new games for that price, the thing that really annoyed me about this when I read it this morning was the fact you don't even get the game when you buy the instrument pack :rolleyes:

Kardan
08-04-2008, 03:13 PM
The US got it for £85, we have to pay £180.

That's absolutely ridiculous, luckily I'm not too bothered, I have the money and I've been waiting for half a year now, and I can't import it so I don't have any other options...

Stitch
08-04-2008, 03:13 PM
£180 is ALOT for one game

Going by games normally costing about £40 you could get 5 new games for that price, the thing that really annoyed me about this when I read it this morning was the fact you don't even get the game when you buy the instrument pack :rolleyes:
Yeah it doesn't make sense and will confuse loads of people

Wootzeh
08-04-2008, 03:20 PM
That's more than the actual console WTF.

Neil
08-04-2008, 03:22 PM
The US got it for £85, we have to pay £180.

That's absolutely ridiculous, luckily I'm not too bothered, I have the money and I've been waiting for half a year now, and I can't import it so I don't have any other options...

Just get the mic and drum kit seperatly, you already have GH3 so you wont need the rock band one

Yeah it doesn't make sense and will confuse loads of people

They'd have to put a huge mark on the box saying "Game not included" and I doubt many parents will even buy fake drum kits and stuff for their kids xD

Kardan
08-04-2008, 03:22 PM
That's more than the actual console WTF.

Considering I have a 360 and Wii and the PS3's are god knows how much, I'm not that bothered...

Still, I'd be happy to get it for much cheaper... Could buy 5 new games instead though... :rolleyes:

And the separate controllers are coming out much later, the separate drums and guitars have only just came out in the US and they've had the game since November.

Plus I actually need a second guitar since I actually have friends that will come over and play a 4 piece band with me ;)

Kasabian
08-04-2008, 03:38 PM
I'd rather go out and buy a real drumkit for that price - already have an elec guitar & microphone. Bloody ridiculus prices there, ******* cheeky *****.

yido
08-04-2008, 03:45 PM
ill get it

Stitch
08-04-2008, 06:01 PM
On Play.com its £140 for instruments and game so i'll probably wait now. The annoying thing is it could be out anytime in summer for PS3 so i might have to wait ages :(

Josh-H
08-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Nobody was looking forward to Rock Band more than me, but £180!? Thats double what the americans paid and more than a 360 core costs.. I have the money but in my opinion, it's too much. £130 with the game would have been fine, day of release buy. £180 though... I'm having a serious think whether its worth it or not.. Its the price of a Wii for god sake.

Stitch
08-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Nobody was looking forward to Rock Band more than me, but £180!? Thats double what the americans paid and more than a 360 core costs.. I have the money but in my opinion, it's too much. £130 with the game would have been fine, day of release buy. £180 though... I'm having a serious think whether its worth it or not.. Its the price of a Wii for god sake.
Most shops will probably do:

RRP: £179.99
Our Price: £139.99

Well hopefully :P

Camy
08-04-2008, 08:21 PM
One of my friends told me they delayed the game agen bcos they thought if it came out at the same time as gta4 it wouldnt sell as well.
Is that true?
And if it is, thats just stupid reli, there completely different genres.

Josh-H
08-04-2008, 08:54 PM
One of my friends told me they delayed the game agen bcos they thought if it came out at the same time as gta4 it wouldnt sell as well.
Is that true?
And if it is, thats just stupid reli, there completely different genres.

No that's not true. Still May 23rd.

Juch
08-04-2008, 09:15 PM
why is the 360 version coming out earlier :(

Stitch
08-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah it sucks i've been waiting for so long and it could come out in August for PS3/PS2/Wii

Kardan
08-04-2008, 09:28 PM

Yeah it sucks i've been waiting for so long and it could come out in August for PS3/PS2/Wii

Nearly all of the PS3 users have imported from America due to it not being region locked. Everyone with a 360 in Europe has to wait for it being released, meaning a bigger market, meaning more money.

Stitch
08-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Nearly all of the PS3 users have imported from America due to it not being region locked. Everyone with a 360 in Europe has to wait for it being released, meaning a bigger market, meaning more money.
My parents won't let me import it from America :(

Andeeh
09-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Americans are cheap, we can afford to pay 'more'. :rolleyes:

I would rather not tho lol.

Hmm i dont wanna buy it at the lunatic price.

someone in the offices has done a miscalculation or summin.

unless they selling it to cheap in america and need to get up the costs in europe.

Oleh
09-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Well if you preorder instrumental from play.com and the solus aswell it works out at £140 which is only £10 more than instrumental at other places

JoeyK.
14-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Rock Band isn't even worth it honestly... I've hardly played it at all, still loyal to Guitar Hero.

Carlos
14-04-2008, 08:32 PM
£140 for instruments + game at play.com

Kardan
14-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Rock Band isn't even worth it honestly... I've hardly played it at all, still loyal to Guitar Hero.

But for me, Guitar Hero is done. I've done everything now, there's no real appeal to it except online play. With Rock Band I have Vocals, Drums, Bass and Guitars on Easy, Medium, Hard and Expert modes.

Then multiplayer co-op, with a 4, 3 or 2 piece band, and then there's the face off modes on Vocals, Drums, Guitar and Bass.

Then there's the 70 song track-list with DLC :) Worth it imo, but I usually go for expensive things.

JoeyK.
16-04-2008, 12:41 AM
But for me, Guitar Hero is done. I've done everything now, there's no real appeal to it except online play. With Rock Band I have Vocals, Drums, Bass and Guitars on Easy, Medium, Hard and Expert modes.

Then multiplayer co-op, with a 4, 3 or 2 piece band, and then there's the face off modes on Vocals, Drums, Guitar and Bass.

Then there's the 70 song track-list with DLC :) Worth it imo, but I usually go for expensive things.
Yes, but be prepared to turn your TV up to maximum volume if you don't want to have to listen to the sound of the plastic drums being hit, because it's really very loud (and annoying for that matter). Bass is okay, though the gameplay itself isn't much different than the guitar. Vocals, though entertaining when you have a few people over to see how terrible your friends' voices are, isn't really overly fun either...

It's also fairly annoying playing alone, since all of the songs were made to use all of the instruments, which can leave some boring blank periods where you're just watching the screen waiting for a solo to end.

Stitch
16-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Yes, but be prepared to turn your TV up to maximum volume if you don't want to have to listen to the sound of the plastic drums being hit, because it's really very loud (and annoying for that matter). Bass is okay, though the gameplay itself isn't much different than the guitar. Vocals, though entertaining when you have a few people over to see how terrible your friends' voices are, isn't really overly fun either...

It's also fairly annoying playing alone, since all of the songs were made to use all of the instruments, which can leave some boring blank periods where you're just watching the screen waiting for a solo to end.
I'm gunna buy some pads to put over my drums so they are quiet.

Apparently EA were going to announce a price drop today but i think its just a load of rubbish.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!