PDA

View Full Version : VIP via Habbo

Nain
09-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Couldn't you let people buy VIP via habbo BUT make it quite expensive as your not making a proper profit?

Maybe like 10HC's or even 50-100 Credits, People probably will want to buy it this way too, so you might get like 200 credits A DAY!

dirrty
09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
people can do this through other habboxforum users, so i dont think they would consider this idea.

Nain
09-04-2008, 06:38 PM
yeah but that can lead to scamming. so yah

jackass
09-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Sorry, but this is an awful idea.

Habbox brought in the VIP system to help upkeep the site, pay for new features and to give to charity.

Habbo does none of those things, its not even real!

The Professor
09-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Most users can buy VIP through SMS since most of the known universe has some form of mobile phone now

Catzsy
09-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I have always bought VIP for Habbo Furni for members and there is quite a few others that are trusted. The only way I could see it working it if was required for prizes for events or competitions as and when needed so maybe it could be opened for a limited period occasionally? Valid suggestion though. :)

today
09-04-2008, 07:16 PM
I doubt this will happen the reason SMS and Paypal are added as its pretty quick really, doint it via Habbo means logging on, meeting up, accepting the transfer, adding VIP.

Along with a user could claim they havent been given VIP but there is no proof of were paypal/sms you have proof all the time.

Screenshots are not proof.

Jamesy
09-04-2008, 07:18 PM
credits and sofas don't pay for servers.

Immenseman
09-04-2008, 07:21 PM
If you want to buy VIP for Habbo furniture then there are some safe members to buy it from. I'd personally suggest Catzsy as I purchased a whole year off her by paying in HC's. I went first and of course there were no problems. :)

Catzsy
09-04-2008, 07:22 PM
I doubt this will happen the reason SMS and Paypal are added as its pretty quick really, doint it via Habbo means logging on, meeting up, accepting the transfer, adding VIP.

Along with a user could claim they havent been given VIP but there is no proof of were paypal/sms you have proof all the time.

Screenshots are not proof.

Well lets not knock somebody that has made an interesting suggestion. I doubt if Habbox Management would go first in any event.:)

It's an option that could be considered even if as you say it may not in the end be viable.

today
09-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Well lets not knock somebody that has made an interesting suggestion. I doubt if Habbox Management would go first in any event.:)

It's an option that could be considered even if as you say it may not in the end be viable.
I werent knocking the idea as it is good and would increase VIPs but as someone stated users do it themselfs as its quicker and better if Habbox dont for several reasons as i said in my other post.

Though it is a good idea just a shame it wont happen officialy but you can buy VIP by forum members just make sure they are trusted (ask other members if they are!)

Catzsy
09-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I werent knocking the idea as it is good and would increase VIPs but as someone stated users do it themselfs as its quicker and better if Habbox dont for several reasons as i said in my other post.

Though it is a good idea just a shame it wont happen officialy but you can buy VIP by forum members just make sure they are trusted (ask other members if they are!)

Well we don't actually know that as the people responsible for making the decisions haven't said one way or the other so until that time it's worth discussing the options :)

today
09-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Well we don't actually know that as the people responsible for making the decisions haven't said one way or the other so until that time it's worth discussing the options :)

Well yeah, but we both know what the most common outcome will likely to be though.

MissAlice
09-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Couldn't you let people buy VIP via habbo BUT make it quite expensive as your not making a proper profit?

Maybe like 10HC's or even 50-100 Credits, People probably will want to buy it this way too, so you might get like 200 credits A DAY!

If it wasn't for suggestions, they wouldn't be discussed. Nice idea, but sadly I don't think it will ever happen, the process would be long and time consuming :)

Having said that, I think it would be a great way to promote VIP, by perhaps giving members the chance to win VIP on a regular monthly basis ;)

The Professor
09-04-2008, 07:55 PM
If it wasn't for suggestions, they wouldn't be discussed. Nice idea, but sadly I don't think it will ever happen, the process would be long and time consuming :)

Having said that, I think it would be a great way to promote VIP, by perhaps giving members the chance to win VIP on a regular monthly basis ;)

For some reason habbox has never run comps to win VIP but I've never bothered to ask why, maybe H0BJ0B knows? idk

MissAlice
09-04-2008, 07:59 PM
For some reason habbox has never run comps to win VIP but I've never bothered to ask why, maybe H0BJ0B knows? idk

When DJ-3000 was Forum Manager, he complained that it was too much work lol. To give one member a month free VIP in my opinion is no work at all :P
It wouldn't need to be a competition in the competition forum, it could be a reward for idea of the month or even most referrals ;)

-Xiangu-
09-04-2008, 08:02 PM
I think its not going to work but I think if vip was given away in habbox events it would be good.

jrh2002
09-04-2008, 08:03 PM

VIP was allowed as a prize in the past and also rep points were once upon a time. as MissAlice said DJ-3000 didnt like it because it was to much work for him to add to one person once every week or 2 :S

EDIT:

I think adding vip as a prize would boost the comps as it makes ppl who no longer use habbo have a reason to enter them. Maybe a non habbo related comp once a month?

The Professor
09-04-2008, 08:06 PM
When DJ-3000 was Forum Manager, he complained that it was too much work lol. To give one member a month free VIP in my opinion is no work at all :P
It wouldn't need to be a competition in the competition forum, it could be a reward for idea of the month or even most referrals ;)

I never saw it in the manager's handbook, so I assumed it wasn't allowed, but if it is and nvr/josh doesn't mind the "extra work :P" I don't see any reason why not. I dont expect habbox will miss the extra £1 :P

--ss--
10-04-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm sure the big guys at the hosting companies would love to get a room full of ducks in return for their expensive server charges???

Nice idea but it's not going to work as the forum needs real money to support it.

You can always buy VIP off other members , there's always going to be a risk of scamming so there isn't much Habbox can do :(.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!