PDA

View Full Version : Pulling out? What stays? [poll]

Hypertext
09-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Vote on if somebody joins a team to do something for instance a project and designs graphics, if they pull out who keeps the graphics?

YES = Designer
or
NO = the projec

Thx

TidgyPie
09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Vote on if somebody joins a team to do something for instance a project and designs graphics, if they pull out who keeps the graphics?

YES?
or
NO?

Thx

that dosent make sense

Hypertext
09-04-2008, 08:41 PM
If person a does something for person b, in a non-contract signed project.. who keeps it

person a or person b

IF person A walks out.

Kieran
09-04-2008, 08:48 PM
The project would if they agreed to make it for that.
Once they hand it over it becomes the sole use of the project.

Gangster
09-04-2008, 08:49 PM
If person a does something for person b, in a non-contract signed project.. who keeps it

person a or person b

IF person A walks out.
Makes it more confusing even though i know what you mean.

Basically what he's saying it If 2 people are starting a project Bob and John. If John creates a graphic for the project, then 1 week later the doesn't want to do the project anymore. Who keeps the graphics? John or does it belong to the project?

Hypertext
09-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Correct.

Kieran
09-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Thats like saying a Habbo pixel artist can make a design, then Habbo use it. The pixel artist quits and asks them to take it off! Well they wont because it becomes their property to do with what they want.

Plux
09-04-2008, 08:51 PM
I designed it all, but i signed no OFFICIAL contract handing it over to Flyxa.
So all work is mine. :)

and nothing has been copyrighted by them. Soo :)

Kieran
09-04-2008, 08:52 PM
No, if you were working for them at the time of designing it, and let them use it, it becomes their property.

Plux
09-04-2008, 08:53 PM
No, if you were working for them at the time of designing it, and let them use it, it becomes their property.

No contract was signed.
It's my work.

Kieran
09-04-2008, 08:53 PM
A contract wouldn't need to be signed if you designed it for them whilst working for them!

Plux
09-04-2008, 08:54 PM
A contract wouldn't need to be signed if you designed it for them whilst working for them!

I was senior graphics designer, so all work, would be done for me to be verified, then passed on, I handled GFX. So it is mine.

Learn law pls.

Hypertext
09-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Thats what I thought ;/

Dentafrice
09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
If I designed a system for Microsoft, they decided not to use it, they couldn't keep it nor the rights to it.

It is my system, and I own it.

Unless you sign a contract, where all you work goes to that project/company, the work is still yours.

Kieran
09-04-2008, 08:56 PM
You've just shot yourself in the foot there then:

"I was SENIOR GRAPHICS DESIGNER" - Is it me, or does this mean all graphics were made for that site?!

Therefore, they become thiers! I think you need to learn copyright laws.

Plux
If I designed a system for Microsoft, they decided not to use it, they couldn't keep it nor the rights to it.

Unless you sign a contract, where all you work goes to that project/company, the work is still yours.

Point prooven. :)

Hypertext
But he was working for us at the time.

Off-topic: I love how you rephrased Apple to Microsoft, at risk of being flamed. =]

rawritsluke
If josh signed no contract josh keeps the gfx he made. If he signed a contract meaning you both have soul ownership via them charlie could keep the gfx and josh could too.

Seeing as this is not a publically released company yet I'd say josh should be able to keep HIS gfx.

Dentafrice
09-04-2008, 08:57 PM
You've just shot yourself in the foot there then:

"I was SENIOR GRAPHICS DESIGNER" - Is it me, or does this mean all graphics were made for that site?!

Therefore, they become thiers! I think you need to learn copyright laws.
Read what is in this:

http://www.proposalkit.com/htm/IT_web_software_hardware_contracts/ownership_transfer_contracts/writers_transfer_of_copyright_contract.htm

Same thing.

But he was working for us at the time.

Off-topic: I love how you rephrased Apple to Microsoft, at risk of being flamed. =]

Are you stupid? I don't see how one company could start a "flame war", fine watch this. I don't care?

--------

If I designed a system for Apple, they decided not to use it, they couldn't keep it nor the rights to it.

---

If I designed a system for Google, they decided not to use it, they couldn't keep it nor the rights to it.

----

If I designed a system for someotherrandomcompany, they decided not to use it, they couldn't keep it nor the rights to it.

Hypertext
But he designed them for US.

Plux
But he designed them for US.

Actually, I designed it for my benefit in experiance and my portfolio.

Hypertext
09-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Thread closed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!