PDA

View Full Version : mario kart!

JackBuddy
10-04-2008, 08:05 AM
just got mario kart on wii.

keep getting beating my japanese people!

wheeee!

Andeeh
10-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Cool getting it friday :)

Neversoft
10-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Sounds fun. I wasn't too hyped but I'm quite loaded atm so I may go and buy it tomorrow. Thats if there are any left. :P

I'll race you init Jack.

Hows the controls?
Can you use a gamecube controller?

Simmzay
10-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I believe there's GCN/Wii Wheel/Nunchuck+Wiimote controls. I'll be picking this up when it's out here.

PaulMacC
10-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Im going to use a GC controller, I have mine pre-ordered though my mum is going to collect tomarrow, my mate has it.
It's alright, good game though IMO Brawl's better and I know you'll say how can you compare 2 different genre's, I dont know lol I like Brawl alot.

The Professor
10-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Sounds fun. I wasn't too hyped but I'm quite loaded atm so I may go and buy it tomorrow. Thats if there are any left. :P

I'll race you init Jack.

Hows the controls?

Oh come on! Racing games are ideal for the wii, you get the chance to use it like a proper steering wheel (and I'm not talking about the crappy attachments you could get for other consoles, I could never find a comfortable way to use them!). Using a gamecube controller sort of defeats the point a bit.

Andeeh
10-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Oh come on! Racing games are ideal for the wii, you get the chance to use it like a proper steering wheel (and I'm not talking about the crappy attachments you could get for other consoles, I could never find a comfortable way to use them!). Using a gamecube controller sort of defeats the point a bit.

Well quite a lot of nintendo magazine people said they was going to use the gc controller but they enjoyed wii wheel apparently.

Bikes are also included

Neversoft
10-04-2008, 06:40 PM

The Wii is all about innovation, but I don't really like to upgrade anything unless I have to. I thought the Wii Wheel looked kind of awkward, especially in a hectic game like Mario Kart. I don't really think it fits in with the way the game is and plays, maybe it'll be better to use it with a more realistic driving game. I know I'll prefer the gamecube controller anyway, simply because I've grown up playing Mario Kart that way. :P Although I really liked the controls Excite Truck had, if you can play like that I may consider changing, but you couldn't actually use a gamecube controller with that game, so...
Using a gamecube controller doesn't defeat the point because Nintendo wants the Wii to be for everyone, they want it so new gamers can just come along and start playing straight away without difficulty. There are so many different control variations to fit all the different kind of gamers needs. Some may prefer a remote, some may prefer a controller.

Rarelime
10-04-2008, 09:22 PM
I might pop down to Tescos or Asda tomorrow and hopefully they wont have sold out.

JackBuddy
11-04-2008, 08:57 AM

I'll race you init Jack.

Hows the controls?
nonono! it's great!
the controls are good, and using the steering wheel is easy.

and yes, you can use gamecube controllers.

by tha way... how do i find my friend code?

TehJoshy
11-04-2008, 12:06 PM
i just got back from GAME. where i pre-ordered it. to find out my wii controller batteries are flat :( so there on charge then ill test drive :D!

PaulMacC
11-04-2008, 03:10 PM
My mum and dad are coming home from shopping, they got it, now I wait.

Southe,
11-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Got my game ^_^ managed to get it for the cheap price of £21 ^_^

Student discount + money on reward card

Games good and i liek using the steering wheel, wifi seems good but ppl constantly barging into you gets annoying.

Turbanators
11-04-2008, 04:09 PM
I bought it, it came with one of them wheels in all :P

Southe,
11-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Yea i never preordered it wasnt any items with it. Gamestation was only giving you a little egg with a little kart in it. but there :S plus there only like £2

Edit: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=4641417#post4641417 My thread about a possible league or tournement through habbo or the forum, post your ideas or if you want to participate (Wii & DS mario karts )

Mario
11-04-2008, 04:31 PM
when you put mk in for the first time did it ask you to update it? sorry random question :3

Southe,
11-04-2008, 04:37 PM
yes it did, just updates takes 5 secs then u can play ^^

Burnout
11-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Got it just after 9 this morning.

Awesome.

The wii wheel is really good, graphics (artwork) is amaze, i love the new tracks, wifi is wicked (battles too) all in all wicked

Ask me for my friend code

Neversoft
11-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Bought mine from HMV, £35. :P Aswell as Highlander on DVD. :8
I have no batteries though so my Wii remotes are dead. I'll be using a gamecube controller for a while.

Rarelime
11-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Bought mine from HMV, £35. :P Aswell as Highlander on DVD. :8
I have no batteries though so my Wii remotes are dead. I'll be using a gamecube controller for a while.

Same here, and an extra wheel for my brother. All for under £40. The joys of student discounts.. :D

PaulMacC
11-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Got it just after 9 this morning.

Awesome.

The wii wheel is really good, graphics (artwork) is amaze, i love the new tracks, wifi is wicked (battles too) all in all wicked

Ask me for my friend code
1) Wii Wheel, I completely agree though turning is a bit of a problem for me.
2) Graphics are basically the same as Double Dash IMO, slightly upped a bit, nothing special
3) Agreed
4) Agreed

I got mine today, Just need one more cup to complete 50cc.

Southe,
11-04-2008, 07:06 PM
keep getting a/b ranks.. how you get a star rating? like is it based on times of your lap? just cant seem to get one and you need to get it :(

emzar
11-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Yea i never preordered it wasnt any items with it. Gamestation was only giving you a little egg with a little kart in it. but there :S plus there only like £2

Edit: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=4641417#post4641417 My thread about a possible league or tournement through habbo or the forum, post your ideas or if you want to participate (Wii & DS mario karts )

yehh i got mine from gamestation too, i got luigi in my little mini egg haha.

Southe,
11-04-2008, 07:25 PM
lol i bought one when iw as uptown i wanted yoshi but i got dk :(

Mickster
11-04-2008, 07:28 PM
It's as good as all the other Mario Kart games, no better, no worse. However. I HATE THE WHEEL. I just can't turn with it. :P

timROGERS
11-04-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm planning to buy a copy tomorrow from Zavvi, I'll be destroying you all soon!

Southe,
11-04-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm planning to buy a copy tomorrow from Zavvi, I'll be destroying you all soon!

Big words lol. should compete in the habbox league then. If your as good as you say you are that is lol ( Trying to get more ppl )

Neversoft
11-04-2008, 10:39 PM
The online is brilliant. :P No lag at all, I got disconnected once but was probably my fault. I keep coming first though, I need to race some good people!

Dippindonut1
15-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Before I got Mario Kart Wii I thought I would most likely prefer to use the NGC Controller. However, now I have tried the wheel I much more prefer to use the wheel instead.

I find it as easy to turn with the wheel then with the NGC Controller. The wheel just brings fun into the game.

Southe,
15-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Just added a bunch of people Msged all the ppl i have ^^

hopefull get a few games ^^

Neversoft
17-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Add me (0903-2881-9763) and PM me your code. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!