PDA

View Full Version : Rugby or football

lewis-moody
10-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Rugby or Football?

Post answer below, remember to include why :D

Idk if this should go in debates but yeah, ill try find out lol :)

I prefer rugby because its more contact and football just isnt enough contact and well as my teacher says;

" Football is a gentlemens game played by thugs and Rugby is a thugs game played by gentlemen"

So yeah...

Looking forward to hearing what you like :):eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis

Andys
10-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Football, rugby is just stupid. People beat the **** outta each other so they can get the ball? :S

Breakfloor
10-04-2008, 04:29 PM
rugby. definatley rugby. its a contact sport but you just have to get on with it

yet football isnt and the slightest bit of contact is an injury.

and in my school, what you said about rugby and football is totally opposite.

wimps play football and the rough "thugs" play rugby.

but im sort of inbetween them but play rugby.

e5
10-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Football easily! Just so much better. I don't really play rugby, only at school but I still enjoy football :P

lewis-moody
10-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Football, rugby is just stupid. People beat the **** outta each other so they can get the ball? :S

Its not stupid coz theres alot of rules. they dont beat the **** out of ea other because if they did they would punch each other etc.

atleast in rugby we dont argue with the ref!!!

Breakfloor
10-04-2008, 04:36 PM
in rugby, you run it off. in football you go to hospital over a bruise.

lewis-moody
10-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Totally man :D

If rugby wins by tonight Im gonna +rep some people :D

PS.

Selling RS pins 10hc ea

and vip months 3hc ea

PM me if intersted

BlueMoon
10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
It's not stupid, believe it or not their is more respect shown in rugby than their is in football. ;)

Its not stupid coz theres alot of rules. they dont beat the **** out of ea other because if they did they would punch each other etc.

atleast in rugby we dont argue with the ref!!!
Now, now let's not turn this into a fighting thread... we've seen enough of those in this section. ;)

in rugby, you run it off. in football you go to hospital over a bruise.
You can get badly injured in football aswell, and their are players who try and run it off. Look at Richard Dunne in football, he tried playing when half of his head was cracked open... he was stopped five minutes later only because the ref spotted him.

I like both... Sale Sharks and Manchester City... can't beat 'em. ;)

Breakfloor
10-04-2008, 04:43 PM
im not saying there all total ****** but there is SOOOO much acting AND crying.

i played rugby and totally ****** my arm when i got taken down. i couldnt move it but i still played with one arm.

but ive seen people get6 nudged and cry like a ***** in football.

lewis-moody
10-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I dont wanna cause an argument but footballers fake it..

Look in Fifa 08 etc.

U get the fake dive button!

Jordie
10-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Football.

Rugby stops and starts to much
silly rules

lewis-moody
10-04-2008, 04:48 PM
But thats because theres so many injurys because its a wicked sport:D

Honestly how can you say football?

BlueMoon
10-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I dont wanna cause an argument but footballers fake it..

Look in Fifa 08 etc.

U get the fake dive button!
No their isn't...

But thats because theres so many injurys because its a wicked sport:D

Honestly how can you say football?
Because you asked us for our opinion? :rolleyes:

lewis-moody
10-04-2008, 04:51 PM
True I asked for ur opinion..

But on my world tour soccer theres a fake dive button

if you look :D

BlueMoon
10-04-2008, 04:52 PM
True I asked for ur opinion..

But on my world tour soccer theres a fake dive button

if you look :D
Thats on the PSP... Sony suck so that doesn't count.

lewis-moody
10-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Lol!!

Well anyway..

it does have it though dosent it

my point is provem

good argument :eusa_clap

+rep

Browney
10-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Rugby. The whole idea of putting your body on the line for the sake of the win and the sake of your team mates, I find kinda noble. Better than falling over for your team mates and to win.

CJW93
10-04-2008, 07:02 PM

Thats exactly my view on Rugby

mangle
10-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Football , i still enjoy playing Rugby a lot. It's more adrenaline enducing.

Judge Judy
10-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Rugby

For one I'm born and bred a rugby person (like football but more rugby)
In matches you don't see any riots or hooliganism in rugby
The game is much more better.

there's other reasons but yeah.

Geraint
10-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Football.

Being brought up by a dad who absolutely hates anything and anyone associated with rugby, I have to say football. Rugby is boring to watch. They're just passing the ball around and running into some guy. At least you get some entertainment in football. Football has a better atmosphere as well.

Jordie
10-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Rugby

For one I'm born and bred a rugby person (like football but more rugby)
In matches you don't see any riots or hooliganism in rugby
The game is much more better.

there's other reasons but yeah.

i know hooliganism is wrong and people can get hurt but it actually adds to the atmosphere i've been to millwall a couple of times and when both sets of fans create a hostile atmosphere its brilliant

Xeck
10-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Football by a loooong way. Yes there's too much acting in football but it's the minority of players that do it, and anyone who calls it a wimpy sport should say that to players who have had their careers ended by challenges. I just find rugby really boring while football plays a massive part in my life. And as said before, I think there's so much more entertainment in football.

rawritsluke
12-04-2008, 11:33 AM
I play Rugby as I'm too muscly to play football (I tackle someone and he goes down crying?:S) Also, rugby isn't boring, it's just because we have line outs like football has throw-ins? :S

Rugby is a more demanding sport than football by far, we put our bodies on the line each time we run into someone, footballers run about a pitch and stat crying when someone clips their ankle. Ouch.. ;/

Xeck
12-04-2008, 01:01 PM
I play Rugby as I'm too muscly to play football (I tackle someone and he goes down crying?:S) Also, rugby isn't boring, it's just because we have line outs like football has throw-ins? :S

Rugby is a more demanding sport than football by far, we put our bodies on the line each time we run into someone, footballers run about a pitch and stat crying when someone clips their ankle. Ouch.. ;/

It's boring.. in my opinion. :)

And the last part just isn't true.. the vast minority of footballers act like that when they come into slight contact with an opposition player. At most, teams in the Premiership have 1-2 of those players, obviously it's different abroad but in England it's not common. Even the players more well known for doing it here [Drogba, Ronaldo etc] have cut down on it.

GhostFace-
12-04-2008, 01:02 PM
football because ive never played rugby and dont plan on it.

rawritsluke
12-04-2008, 01:12 PM

And the last part just isn't true.. the vast minority of footballers act like that when they come into slight contact with an opposition player. At most, teams in the Premiership have 1-2 of those players, obviously it's different abroad but in England it's not common. Even the players more well known for doing it here [Drogba, Ronaldo etc] have cut down on it.
The last one is true, you forgot adebayor.

Xeck
12-04-2008, 01:15 PM
The last one is true, you forgot adebayor.

One dive means he's well known for diving then I guess. :rolleyes:

rawritsluke
12-04-2008, 01:26 PM

One dive means he's well known for diving then I guess. :rolleyes:
Indeed it does my humble friend.

leah
12-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm into football way more than Rugby,
I don't really understand Rugby and i find football more interesting :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!