PDA

View Full Version : Expandables :S

Pazza
11-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Okay, i do not get how to do expandable divs.

I understand --ss-- 's tutorial, although I do not understand how to code something like habbox's, with multiple boxes. Then when 1 box expands , the main one does.

+rep for any help

Decode
11-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Just do lots of boxes inside of each other. If you want 2 to be next to each other, make a container arround them (<div style="width: WIDTH HERE!!;">Other Divs Here</div>)
Then add float: left; to the div tags you want to be next to each other. Then to start a new row, add clear: both; to the div tags.

Pazza
11-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Just do lots of boxes inside of each other. If you want 2 to be next to each other, make a container arround them (<div style="width: WIDTH HERE!!;">Other Divs Here</div>)
Then add float: left; to the div tags you want to be next to each other. Then to start a new row, add clear: both; to the div tags.

Cheers!!!

+repp

[Need to spread]

iUnknown
11-04-2008, 06:57 PM
I'd do it with containers and stuff.

One main container, then if I want a banner area then three expandable columns below I'd do a container, then div, then a break, then div div div and using CSS to make their widths :) Not even sure if you need float's

Pazza
12-04-2008, 11:41 AM
I'd do it with containers and stuff.

One main container, then if I want a banner area then three expandable columns below I'd do a container, then div, then a break, then div div div and using CSS to make their widths :) Not even sure if you need float's
TY +rep

But how would I slice it?

iUnknown
12-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Any image editing software that allows you to slice... photoshop... fireworks.. you could even just do it in paint.

Edit: Oh and export the slices as you go, you won't need to have slices covering the whole image.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!