PDA

View Full Version : [TUT] Cutenews Headlines To Iframe

iUnknown
14-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Hello,

Well a lot of people ask me how to do it, and I can't post in the tutorial section for some reason, so if a MOD sees this they can move it here. Quick TUT I made a year ago but on a small forum and I only got reminded of the TUT today:

So basically, what you do is you go to the Edit template that you want to have a read more link targetting an iframe on, and where you have something like:
Code:

[full-link]Read more![/full-link]
Instead you put:

<a target="IFRAMENAME" href="/cutenews/show_news.php?subaction=showfull&id={news-id}&archive=&start_from=&ucat=6&">
Read More!</a>Basically, this allows you to edit the link settings like where it targets etc. Because you put the news ID in, it'll automatically get the news ID for that article and replace it there, which makes it go to the read more of the article! If you want to do this for a headline section on your site, and what the title of the article to link to the read more, you can simply change the "Read More!" to {title} and it'll look a little like this:

<a target="IFRAMENAME" href="/cutenews/show_news.php?subaction=showfull&id={news-id}&archive=&start_from=&ucat=6&">
{title}</a>

Fiddle with it as much as you like, this tutorial can also be helpful even if you aren't using iframes but just to customize the link tags.

Hope that is clear! Enjoy!

Decode
14-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Simpler way:

Page with iframe on;

<?PHP
$PHP_SELF = 'iframepage.php';
$QUERY_STRING = '" target="IFRAMENAMEHERE!';
$template="Template";
$category=2;
include("/path/to/cutenews/show_news.php");
?>

Page inside iframe (iframepage.php):

<?php
$template="TemplateHere!!";
$category=1;
include("/path/to/cutenews/show_news.php");
?>

EDIT: didnt read properly, your way is quicker :P

iUnknown
14-04-2008, 09:05 PM
My way is also simpler for people who don't have the knowledge to do something complicated or knowledge of PHP.

NEW-START
14-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Well done, I'm sure this will help many!

iUnknown
14-04-2008, 09:43 PM

iCosmo
14-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks, i got mine working in the end lol ;)

iUnknown
16-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Good :) Could a moderator maybe move this to the web designing tutorials section?

Anyway, hope it helps.

Movieen
16-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Good :) Could a moderator maybe move this to the web designing tutorials section?

Anyway, hope it helps.

Takes more than 2-3 "goods" to get it moved.

But, nicee.

MrCraig
16-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Useful TUT guy, most people dont know all the subaction rubbish that cutenews do :P

iUnknown
16-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Takes more than 2-3 "goods" to get it moved.

But, nicee.

Oh right. Didn't know.

Thanks Movieen & craig :)

Fehm
16-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks. +rep

iUnknown
16-04-2008, 07:34 PM
No problem :) Thanks for the +rep.

Decode
18-04-2008, 07:07 AM
You should PM a mod and ask for this thread to be moved to the tuts forum :)

NEW-START
18-04-2008, 10:26 AM
I +repped you, even though it has no effect.

Oh well! :P

Moh
19-04-2008, 11:13 AM
I remember when I did this on my first fansite, and ClubHabbo didn't know how to do it. So SkaterChu added me, and acted like a friend and asked how to do it. Then blocked me. Hents the reason I have SkaterChu :)

iUnknown
21-04-2008, 04:30 PM
I +repped you, even though it has no effect.

Oh well! :P

iUnknown
12-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Sorry to double post, I just think this thread died down too soon. I know it is very useful to many people and have been asked about this since I posted in this thread last (there is still demand for it), maybe it could be moved to a tutorial section? Thanks.

I also believe it is good for a habbo forum because many habbo fansites use cutenews and iframes.

iUnknown
24-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Bump because so many people have been asking me about this recently and I think it should be stickied or moved into a tutorial section.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!