PDA

View Full Version : Position: absolute; problem, help me please?

Topps
15-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey everyone, well as I am learning to code layouts in divs I am kind of hitting a few bumps in the road. Anyway, I have this bar at the top of my page set at an absolute: position of the top being 0px and the left being 0px, but when I want to put a div below it, it goes underneath it as in the top bar goes over the top of it due to the absolute positioning.

Basically, is it possible to enter a positioned absolute div that doesn't go over the top of everything, it just carries on down to the next line?

EDIT: Fixed it, sorry.

Excellent
15-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Hey everyone, well as I am learning to code layouts in divs I am kind of hitting a few bumps in the road. Anyway, I have this bar at the top of my page set at an absolute: position of the top being 0px and the left being 0px, but when I want to put a div below it, it goes underneath it as in the top bar goes over the top of it due to the absolute positioning.

Basically, is it possible to enter a positioned absolute div that doesn't go over the top of everything, it just carries on down to the next line?

EDIT: Fixed it, sorry.Did you not end the div by any chance?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!