PDA

View Full Version : Resigning from a job.

Davii
17-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Yeah well you know how when you resign from a job you are meant to give notice, well mine has to be written but I don't actually know what I am meant to write in it. So has anyone ever written one and can tell me what to write or know what I am supposed to write.

Thank you

Niko Bellic
17-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Put something like:

The whole experience has been amazing but I need to move on, this job isn't for me I've found a better work experience and it's a higher wage, you'll never know. I may be back one day, thanks for everything you've done, good luck in life, blah blah.

Adam$
17-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Put something like:

The whole experience has been amazing but I need to move on, this job isn't for me I've found a better work experience and it's a higher wage, you'll never know. I may be back one day, thanks for everything you've done, good luck in life, blah blah.
that's not a particularly good thing to write, it's basically saying, "you're crap, as is your pay."

Also you don't wish the manager good luck in life.

Write something like;

Dear [name],
I am writing to regretfully inform you of my resignation from work. Due to other circumstances, I unfortunately cannot continue working at [company].
I have enjoyed my time spent working at [company] and working with other colleagues.

etc, etc. You get the picture. Change the italics to something more specific, I could write more but I cba at the minute, sorry. :P

Misawa
17-04-2008, 12:53 AM
The above post is much more appropriate than the original post, that would just rub them completely the wrong way. Do not be specific about the new job.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!