PDA

View Full Version : Should all members of the Police Force carry a Firearm?

Nixt
18-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Debate ;).

Niko Bellic
18-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Obviously. It'll be safer for them and it won't affect anyone if they do carry them, so yeah.

kerplunkwozere
18-04-2008, 10:24 AM
but can all members of the police force be trusted with a firearm? lol

Nixt
18-04-2008, 10:30 AM
but can all members of the police force be trusted with a firearm? lol

Members of the Police Force go through a rigorous vetting process which should determine whether or not they are a security risk. Obviously some slip the net, but on the whole one would hope most of the Police Officers in this country could be trusted with a firearm :P.

Blinger1
18-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Yes, yes they should

Achieve
18-04-2008, 10:33 AM
I'd rather they have a gun and not need to use it, then not having a gun and needing to use it.

Lycan
18-04-2008, 10:53 AM
They don't need a firearm so why carry one. Most police related deaths have been just as unavoidable if they had a firearm on them. and if we look at thoose who have been issued a firearm they havn't exactly done a great job - i admit i can only think of one time off the top of my head (innocent civilian shot of suspicion of being a terroist). I just don't think the country needs armed officers who can just as easily do their job without it! all it will do is cause more debates over the legalisation of firearms for registered users, which could easily end to higher gun crime... Sorry i don't think threatening someone with their life to make them stop is needed - after all d the police actually need them, they won't ever have much of an excuse to fire them

Dan2nd
18-04-2008, 11:34 AM
To many mistakes would be made like that brazilian guy (I think he was brazilian) was running in a tube station because he was late and was shot and killed by an armed police officer because they thought he was a bomber ... to many mistakes would be made I'd actually feel less safe with police officiers running around with guns.

Pyroka
18-04-2008, 11:47 AM
I think not. My parents are both coppers and they'd prefer not to really. With firearms, you're deemed as a threat to people and it just makes it so the criminals up their game too. Play the game using your own resources, and they will play the same with theirs. If you get guns then most small-time criminals like robberies will end up having guns before long. There's always that risk of officers being disarmed by criminals and then what're they going to do?

I'd prefer not...

Adam!
18-04-2008, 12:19 PM
No - they don't need them.

They have armed officers avaliable should they be required.

blackops121
18-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Defiently! im wanting to be a police officer when im older so u know i want to have a gun :eusa_danc lol

risque
18-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Give them powerful tazers instead.

jackass
18-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Yes.

And a tazor.

AgnesIO
18-04-2008, 03:06 PM
they shouldn't as it will encourage more gangs to carry guns to defend themselves in a raid.

Breakfloor
18-04-2008, 03:10 PM
were being introduced to tazers. thats all thats needed. if we need more than tazers well call the armed police.

Nereo
18-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Go for it, British police is too sot as it is :D

Oleh
18-04-2008, 10:57 PM
I think that not having guns is what seperates the english from americans as our police get up close and get violent american police are like 30 meters away firing

Lycan
18-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Defiently! im wanting to be a police officer when im older so u know i want to have a gun :eusa_danc lol

Another good reason why they shoudn't be issued guns.

PaintYourTarget
18-04-2008, 11:05 PM
When I went to America it was intimidating being scrutinized by people with guns. Even the guys at passport control had them and they were just deskjockeys and to be fair, even though I was perfectly innocent, had a valid passport and visa etc it still made me feel really uneasy.

As it's been said before in the thread, if the Police arm themselves then so will the Criminals. It'll make life a lot more violent and messy.

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
20-04-2008, 08:15 AM
yeah
because most of the time you have to call in firearms officers
they should have basic weapons training and be allowed to carry a pistol at all times
because it would stop would-be criminals in there tracks seing a cop with one of em

but its up to fatty boy brown

fingers crossed

edit: my view
bring the firearms in.............and the death penalty for those who abuse it

shizzle
20-04-2008, 09:47 AM
I think they should.

20-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Yep. No questions asked really. Its whats needed in this day and age.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!