PDA

View Full Version : its getting old now i know, but management look at this thread.

samsaBEAR
18-04-2008, 12:42 PM
will you please stop just blatently ignoring our feedback.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=473689
the ipod skin thread. 123 replies, 2 maybe three of which by MAD. thats 120 posts in favour. 120 posts that management are ignoring because apparently it's to hard to install. instead of maybe just saying that, provide proof to back it up, instead of just saying 'its to hard to do, use the archive version' when its obvious the archives are a stupid way to browse the forum.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=460795
the anime/manga forum thread. closed because people were 'spamming'
we were talking about the topic, and that isn't spam. 92 replies, none by management. yup, this thread was ignored. no wait, i lie. elkaa closed and edited the first post.
(http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=476843) this is the new one. if this gets closed i will create a new one. and if that closes ill create a new one. untill we get a proper answer i will keep creating new ones.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=464961
the [timg] tags thread.
not as popular, but an equally brilliant idea. not all of us have super-fast internet connections to load iamges faster, or use a high-resolution setting to view them all without scrolling. but why should this hamper our forum experience? there are two threads i can think of (post your setup and post your wallpaper, but i am sure there are tons in forums that i dont visit) that would benefit from this idea. but once again, no reply.

these are the only ones i could find, but of course there are other issues with feedback and the whole forum. but seen as i havent been keeping track of those i cannot comment on it.

i know all of the lower managment will huddle in with MAD and support him all the way, but you must see where i am coming from. we can not be blatently ignored for any longer. ive said this before a few times, but it is us who decides how popular this forum is. we buy the VIP which earns you your money, we buy the +Rep (even tho buying rep defeats the purpose of it, but that is a story for another day), we buy the sub-forums. im not saying we generate all of the revenue for this forum, but i am certain we generate the larger percent of it.
without your users you are nothing, why can you not see this and actually reply properly to the feedback you say you want/need to improve forum.
i am usually impressed by MAD's work. when he was being attacked last, some months back, i stuck up for him. not anymore however, not when he cant even be bothered to answer simple questions.

as the title says, i know this is an old arguement, and im sure there'll be replies saying stuff like 'leave it now, its old' or 'they wont do anything, stop it' but im not going to leave it alone. and im sure there are people who agree with me.
of course, if this is ignored and blocked ill just create a new one and keep on trying to get their attention.

Edited by ---MAD--- (General Manager): Thread locked. Please read this thread http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=4662319.

le harry
18-04-2008, 12:47 PM
THIS FORUM AND IT'S MANAGERS ARE CORRUPT AND MANAGEMENT SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY AND BRING BACK OLD HABBOX OMG HABBOX WAS BETTER IN 05, BRING BAK MIZKI!!!!!!!!

otherwise, yes i agree.

Thetan
18-04-2008, 12:50 PM
You do know, that MAD probably wont read this. They dont really care.

I don't mean it against you, I mean it against MAD.

sierk1
18-04-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't understand your complaint. Mad has replied to the ipod skin thread that it is too much work to edit the skin every time we upgrade and that it's not necessary as there is the archive view of the forum without graphics, and to the anime forum that there are not enough threads about it at the moment, and that it might be considered later when there is more demand.

Just because you don't get what you want, doesn't mean you are being ignored. Maybe instead of complaining you should read ---MAD---'s replies.

will you please stop just blatently ignoring our feedback.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=473689
the ipod skin thread. 123 replies, 2 maybe three of which by MAD. thats 120 posts in favour. 120 posts that management are ignoring because apparently it's to hard to install. instead of maybe just saying that, provide proof to back it up, instead of just saying 'its to hard to do, use the archive version' when its obvious the archives are a stupid way to browse the forum.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=460795
the anime/manga forum thread. closed because people were 'spamming'
we were talking about the topic, and that isn't spam. 92 replies, none by management. yup, this thread was ignored. no wait, i lie. elkaa closed and edited the first post.
(http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=476843) this is the new one. if this gets closed i will create a new one. and if that closes ill create a new one. untill we get a proper answer i will keep creating new ones.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=464961
the [timg] tags thread.
not as popular, but an equally brilliant idea. not all of us have super-fast internet connections to load iamges faster, or use a high-resolution setting to view them all without scrolling. but why should this hamper our forum experience? there are two threads i can think of (post your setup and post your wallpaper, but i am sure there are tons in forums that i dont visit) that would benefit from this idea. but once again, no reply.

these are the only ones i could find, but of course there are other issues with feedback and the whole forum. but seen as i havent been keeping track of those i cannot comment on it.

i know all of the lower managment will huddle in with MAD and support him all the way, but you must see where i am coming from. we can not be blatently ignored for any longer. ive said this before a few times, but it is us who decides how popular this forum is. we buy the VIP which earns you your money, we buy the +Rep (even tho buying rep defeats the purpose of it, but that is a story for another day), we buy the sub-forums. im not saying we generate all of the revenue for this forum, but i am certain we generate the larger percent of it.
without your users you are nothing, why can you not see this and actually reply properly to the feedback you say you want/need to improve forum.
i am usually impressed by MAD's work. when he was being attacked last, some months back, i stuck up for him. not anymore however, not when he cant even be bothered to answer simple questions.

as the title says, i know this is an old arguement, and im sure there'll be replies saying stuff like 'leave it now, its old' or 'they wont do anything, stop it' but im not going to leave it alone. and im sure there are people who agree with me.
of course, if this is ignored and blocked ill just create a new one and keep on trying to get their attention.

Thetan
18-04-2008, 01:11 PM
too much work

I fixed your post.

FlyingJesus
18-04-2008, 01:13 PM
These have all been raised in council; two are in the most recent report (dating 14/04/08) and the other is set to be included in the next. We are assured that the AGMs are at least discussing these things, even if the conclusion is the same in the end.

samsaBEAR
18-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't understand your complaint. Mad has replied to the ipod skin thread that it is too much work to edit the skin every time we upgrade and that it's not necessary as there is the archive view of the forum without graphics, and to the anime forum that there are not enough threads about it at the moment, and that it might be considered later when there is more demand.

Just because you don't get what you want, doesn't mean you are being ignored. Maybe instead of complaining you should read ---MAD---'s replies.
im not moaning because we're not getting what we want, im moaning because in all but 1, there has been no input from MAD or any management.
even in that ipod skin thread, he replied 2-3 times, then left it. since then, there are valid reasons as to how we could do it and how the archive view isn't helpful at all.

These have all been raised in council; two are in the most recent report (dating 14/04/08) and the other is set to be included in the next. We are assured that the AGMs are at least discussing these things, even if the conclusion is the same in the end.
well thank you for trying for us :)

The Professor
18-04-2008, 02:29 PM

That is a bad generalisation and one that isn't true in the slightest. Contrary to popular belief, staff are allowed an opinion and, if they know how to express it in the right way, will do so. You'll often see me disagreeing and arguing some of what the upper management say, and sometimes agreeing with them. Just because we don't take the side of the members who want something all the time, doesn't mean we're suckups to higher management.

risque
18-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I've said it so many times but DJ-3000/Dave actually went with the majority rather than the minority when it came to decisions. I don't remember there being even a tenth of complaints that happen nowadays when he was in charge. Yes, I know - he isn't going to return but at least have a manager who has just SOME respect for the members who come up with reasonably decent ideas rather than basically disregarding them all, and labelling the tasks as 'too much work'. Lots of things have worsened since people of Daves nature stepped down. (Dave, Anita, Mizki, etc) For instance, these things don't really exist anymore;

- Reasonable punishment (not being infractioned for calling somebody stupid, or accusing them of lying.)
- Care for members' opinions
- Unbiased management/staff

Just to name a few. Get it sorted, thanks. x

Adzeh
18-04-2008, 02:59 PM
It only needs one reply.

What is the point of him saying no, 120 times over?

If it is too hard to implement a new ipod skin, then it is too hard. Move on?

At risque: In Dave's day, the population of the forum was about a tenth of what it is now. I'd say the amount of complaints are proportional.

Test:Tube:Baby
18-04-2008, 03:10 PM
While I don't agree with Mad's decision about the iPod skin, I don't feel the need to go on about it, because a response has been given and it is not likely to change.

I think that some people need to start accepting that answer is no and move on to something else.

And no, I'm not just "huddling in with Mad". I usually don't agree with his response to some of the threads in the Feedback forum, but I just accept his reply and move on.

risque
18-04-2008, 03:17 PM
At risque: In Dave's day, the population of the forum was about a tenth of what it is now. I'd say the amount of complaints are proportional.

Sorry, but what does that matter? Just because the members have gradually increased since his departure does not mean that all of those members are active. Besides, saying there were only a tenth of the members is slightly over-exaggerative) There was plenty of activity during his 'reign', I'd say pretty much the same as there is now. But even if there wasn't, there wasn't a major difference. What I am getting at is that there were barely any complaints, which shows that he was able to stay on the good side of the members by doing things that benefitted them rather than himself. (Pretty much the opposite, today - don't you think?)

It's a fact that he ran the forum better. And regarding the iPod skin, there was a more than valuable argument as to why the skin should be implemented. If you can't dedicate just a little extra time to making your members happier than you don't deserve to be given such a high position. It's my opinion, thanks.

Adzeh
18-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Sorry, but what does that matter? Just because the members have gradually increased since his departure does not mean that all of those members are active. Besides, saying there were only a tenth of the members is slightly over-exaggerative) There was plenty of activity during his 'reign', I'd say pretty much the same as there is now. But even if there wasn't, there wasn't a major difference. What I am getting at is that there were barely any complaints, which shows that he was able to stay on the good side of the members by doing things that benefitted them rather than himself. (Pretty much the opposite, today - don't you think?)

It's a fact that he ran the forum better. And regarding the iPod skin, there was a more than valuable argument as to why the skin should be implemented. If you can't dedicate just a little extra time to making your members happier than you don't deserve to be given such a high position. It's my opinion, thanks.

It is not the point of a leader to give people what they want. A leader is there to make big decisions on what should and should not go on within their community, based on the positive negative implications of putting that idea in place.

Large scale example would be Gordon Brown. He would not blindly agree to a change in law or a new proposal, simply because a high percentage of the population wanted it to go through. Other factors are involved, including how easy it is to implement. From what I gather, it is extremely difficult to implement an ipod skin, and not worth the time to constantly update it every time we have a forum update.

samsaBEAR
18-04-2008, 04:27 PM
That is a bad generalisation and one that isn't true in the slightest. Contrary to popular belief, staff are allowed an opinion and, if they know how to express it in the right way, will do so. You'll often see me disagreeing and arguing some of what the upper management say, and sometimes agreeing with them. Just because we don't take the side of the members who want something all the time, doesn't mean we're suckups to higher management.

it would appear that 9 times out of 10 the management side with MAD. i apologise if i have offended though :)

It only needs one reply.

no, because its not just the ipod skin. its the feedback in general. for every 10 threads, we may get 4-5 replies by MAD/higher management. this isn't good enough, we should get a reply in every thread. management claims they want feedback, thus they should tell us whether they think it's good or bad, and if it can be put into action. not just ignore the thread and let it collect dust

It is not the point of a leader to give people what they want. A leader is there to make big decisions on what should and should not go on within their community, based on the positive negative implications of putting that idea in place.

the only negative implication of putting an ipod skin into place is the time it will take. MAD took at least a couple of days to put in a chat room that bearly anyone uses. surely he can take 1-2 hours out of his 'busy' schedule to put in a skin that most people clearly want.
having said that, hollywood found this:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151186&highlight=ipod
as far as i know, it is simply a new skin. there is also a link to a mod that will force mobile users to use that skin.
ive never used vBulletin before, but im sure that wont take a couple of days, plus it costs nothing.

DaveTaylor
18-04-2008, 05:00 PM
A skin takes all of 5 minutes to install basically, thank you for the link to the Vbulletin.org as that will really show its possible
http://ready.mobi/results.jsp?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fhabboxforum.com&locale=en_EN

risque
18-04-2008, 05:05 PM
It is not the point of a leader to give people what they want. A leader is there to make big decisions on what should and should not go on within their community, based on the positive negative implications of putting that idea in place. Large scale example would be Gordon Brown. He would not blindly agree to a change in law or a new proposal, simply because a high percentage of the population wanted it to go through. Other factors are involved, including how easy it is to implement.

I don't see how you can even attempt to make that comparison. An online forum manager and the Prime Minister? That takes the biscuit. As good as your logic is with the comparison, I don't see how it even merely comes close to what a leader of a forum should and shouldn't do. There is a huge difference. It wouldn't matter if there weren't many people in the UK, Gordon would still be the Prime Minister. However that is different when it comes to a forum, without the members - a forum is nothing, it's pretty much non-existant on a basis of popularity and activity. Dave understood that the members pretty much played the biggest role in Habbox Forum and thanked these members by implementing rules that weren't so drastic and over the top.

I don't see why and how people should be infracted for such small things for example, minor arguments. I could understand why the rule is in place if there were extreme arguments with threats and such, but being infracted for a misunderstanding and a brief disagreement? That is pathetic. The management treat this forum like a pre-school, and treat the members like pre-school children too.

If a major population of the UK/England whatever made a petition for changes then yeah, I'm pretty sure he would consider changing these things; and listening to the people that he pretty much rules over.

From what I gather, it is extremely difficult to implement an ipod skin, and not worth the time to constantly update it every time we have a forum update.

So what? The members keep the forum alive. Without the members, there would be no point in continuing to pay for the domain or hosting. At least do SOME things for the members, it's hardly asking for a whole new website, is it?

Catzsy
18-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I've said it so many times but DJ-3000/Dave actually went with the majority rather than the minority when it came to decisions. I don't remember there being even a tenth of complaints that happen nowadays when he was in charge. Yes, I know - he isn't going to return but at least have a manager who has just SOME respect for the members who come up with reasonably decent ideas rather than basically disregarding them all, and labelling the tasks as 'too much work'. Lots of things have worsened since people of Daves nature stepped down. (Dave, Anita, Mizki, etc) For instance, these things don't really exist anymore;

- Reasonable punishment (not being infractioned for calling somebody stupid, or accusing them of lying.)
- Care for members' opinions
- Unbiased management/staff

Well I personally agree with you on having a warning for mild 'insults' if that is what you mean but I am not quite sure what you are saying there? Do you mean you want infractions for that because it reads both ways?

Well I do think quite a few people do care about your opinions in a unbiased way. :)

It only needs one reply.

If you read Tom's (FlyingJesus) post it is being considered by the AGMs and the council.

Xarea
18-04-2008, 05:19 PM
It only needs one reply.

Thought you left.

The Professor
18-04-2008, 05:35 PM
it would appear that 9 times out of 10 the management side with MAD. i apologise if i have offended though :)

No worries :) The thing you won't see is management saying OMGZ HABB0X STAFF IZ CORRUPTIFIED, because that's just like standing outside your greengrocer's shop saying "A dog peed on my food!" It might seem like we're one sided all the time because we don't do that, but we isn't :) Or at least I'm not, I can't speak for the rest of the staff.

I don't see why and how people should be infracted for such small things for example, minor arguments. I could understand why the rule is in place if there were extreme arguments with threats and such, but being infracted for a misunderstanding and a brief disagreement? That is pathetic. The management treat this forum like a pre-school, and treat the members like pre-school children too.

If a major population of the UK/England whatever made a petition for changes then yeah, I'm pretty sure he would consider changing these things; and listening to the people that he pretty much rules over.

I think you're moving away from the issue of the thread, which is management not replying to suggestions as well as they could do. However, that level of moderation is necessary if people are going to act like pre-school children, which a fair portion of the forum do. Differences of opinion are completely allowed, and discussions and civilised arguments are indeed allowed, but when people start throwing insults about the place and move away from what they were talking about, its a moderator's job to step in and diffuse it.

People in the UK can make as many petitions and protests they like, but I can't see the government taking much notice at all, I point to the foxhunting ban as my case study. They do however take into account suggestions, such as new areas for teenagers to hang around, suggestions for how best to go about traffic calming etc. Hitting the balance between listening to people and doing what they want, and acting as a leader is extremely difficult, and there isn't a leader yet to walk the earth who has managed to please everyone while being an effective leader.

Thought you left.

He resigned from habbox.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!