PDA

View Full Version : Visual Basic is pritty easy

Moh
19-04-2008, 02:32 PM
I have never used visual basic before, so my tutor at college told me how to set simple applications up. So he asked me to see if I could make a simple slot machine during the weekend. He told me a few things which I would need to find out such as turning timers on and off, using random numbers etc..

And when I started, I found it pritty easy :)
I have now made a working slot machine xD

Protege
19-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Thats the main reason its called Visual Basic. I just remember when in VB I got told the source aways comes first. Eg: what you want to change

example

textbox1.text = "hello world"
source/reference = change to

Liburd
02-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Ive never understood it lol

Independent
02-05-2008, 01:34 PM
I have never used visual basic before, so my tutor at college told me how to set simple applications up. So he asked me to see if I could make a simple slot machine during the weekend. He told me a few things which I would need to find out such as turning timers on and off, using random numbers etc..

And when I started, I found it pritty easy :)
I have now made a working slot machine xD
*Pretty

yeah I suppose it's easy, for people who have a tutor to teach them.

Leetzgirl
02-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I would learn it if i had the program lolz

MrCraig
02-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah, thats why its used for people who want to begin programming :P

'Muhaha, Program

Option Explicit
Dim name as String
Dim count as Integer

private sub cmdstart_click()
for count = 1 to 10
Do
name = inputbox("Please enter Friend #"; count;"'s name.")
if name = "" then
msgbox("A valid name must be entered!")
else
picoutput.print name
end if
loop until name != ""
next count
end sub

Is the basics really.

Jam-ez
02-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Ive never understood it lol

You think we couldn't guess?

Anyway, it is easy, I fail at most languages due to just forgetting them, thats why I went in to Graphics/GFX, but Visual Basic I could do with ease.

craigg.
06-05-2008, 07:41 PM
It's not exactly easy, meaning you can just dive right into it and code. It is simple with its drag and drop but if you go deep into VB, it can be extensive. It depends widely on how you use it and what you are creating. Well done anyhow.

How about you upload so users can see? (virus scan before)

Hypertext
07-05-2008, 12:16 PM
My mom works at Pearson, so I get loads of free stuff. Me and my mom are going on a C# course and maybe vB, I might convince her. Good luck, and well done Jack!

Agnostic Bear
07-05-2008, 12:41 PM
My mom works at Pearson, so I get loads of free stuff. Me and my mom are going on a C# course and maybe vB, I might convince her. Good luck, and well done Jack!

Visual Basic is too.. well, basic, C# is ok I suppose, it would be best to learn Java or C++ though. Both work on all systems (Linux, Mac, Windows).

Joshuae
07-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I'd advise looking into C++ as a next language as Dan, said pretty much.
C# is more server really.

Agnostic Bear
07-05-2008, 12:58 PM
I'd advise looking into C++ as a next language as Dan, said pretty much.
C# is more server really.

"C# is more server?" What?

Joshuae
07-05-2008, 01:37 PM
"C# is more server?" What?

Well, usually when I program, I'd use C++ as the main language and C# as the server language. :)

RYANNNNN
07-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Joshuae, I bet you don't even code any language and I bet people who claim they code VB in here don't either.

Agnostic Bear
07-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Well, usually when I program, I'd use C++ as the main language and C# as the server language. :)

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Joshuae
07-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Joshuae, I bet you don't even code any language and I bet people who claim they code VB in here don't either.

Meh, I do though. :)

craigg.
07-05-2008, 03:41 PM
As many of people have said, have a look into C++ if you are going to learn any 'decent' language (I know i'll get flamed for saying decent hence quotations). I can understand what your saying RYANNNNN but I know a few who actually do code in other languages. As I said previously well done Jack.

If you havent done so, try implementing a cash bank so you can see how much you win etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!