PDA

View Full Version : [THE GRAND WEEKLY QUESTION] Motion sickness

Fez
19-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Has anyone seen the new TV ad? You can find it here (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/203626.html). It just shows how many 'awesome' things you can do in Liberty city, also shows of 'carjacking'.

This week we saw the back of the GTA IV PS3 box, and it showed a confirmation of SIXAXIS support. For those who don't know, it works a bit like the Wii, motion sensing. They've already revealed you can drive cars, helicopters and boats with it but what else could it do?

http://www.gtagaming.com/images/news/ps3currys.jpg

I think that it would be fun to...

Use it to shake info out of people, mabye shake them and mabye even do a 'shove' move off a high building or something
On Army Of Two you could dunk the SIXAXIS down and it would reload, it worked well in it so it could do well in GTA IV
With the addition of the mobile fun, mabye whenever Niko got a call we could like put the SIXAXIS to our ear and Niko would put it to his.

Neil
19-04-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry...I thought the idea of GTA questions was to let everyone has a chance? This is sort of PS3 based which seems a bit unfair because being me, I don't really care for that sixaxis rubbish...And why on earth would you wanna put the controller to your ear just for realism purposes? o.O

Ashley 12344
19-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Such petty realisms would annoy me.

Frodo13.
19-04-2008, 08:13 PM
The pic doesn't show for me :( I like the idea of using it to shake people though - they've done it in other games. However, I prefer not to use SixAxis tbh

GommeInc
19-04-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm sorry...I thought the idea of GTA questions was to let everyone has a chance? This is sort of PS3 based which seems a bit unfair because being me, I don't really care for that sixaxis rubbish...And why on earth would you wanna put the controller to your ear just for realism purposes? o.O
Well considering the question is mainly about PS3 and sixaxis, there is no other option because an Xbox 360 has no functionality.

I'm happy with anything, although find the sixaxis pointless on games like Drake's Fortune, but you never know it may actually get a good seeing to in GTA. I just hope it doesn't have to be a big thing, sort of an add-on.

Neil
19-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Well considering the question is mainly about PS3 and sixaxis, there is no other option because an Xbox 360 has no functionality.

I mean the idea of the GTA4 questions was to focus mostly on GTA4, which is on both consoles, yet he's done a question for the PS3 version, which is just stupid

Frodo13.
19-04-2008, 10:33 PM
He could of done a question on the exclusive DLC - I suppose that wouldn't of been so much of an issue right? :rolleyes:

R* said they were only going to use it if there was a need for it, so obviously there is, and judging my R* standards, they have probably used to it for something worthwhile and fun.

Wootzeh
19-04-2008, 10:46 PM
It's useless.

Neil
19-04-2008, 10:51 PM
He could of done a question on the exclusive DLC - I suppose that wouldn't of been so much of an issue right? :rolleyes:

R* said they were only going to use it if there was a need for it, so obviously there is, and judging my R* standards, they have probably used to it for something worthwhile and fun.

Yea..That's exactly what he should of done.. :rolleyes:

No point taking sides, he did the GTA4 questions instead of the console specific questions, he shouldn't of done this as a question if that was his intention, it should of been something actually related to the game itself and nothing else, not what functions would be good with sixaxis, a more suitable question would be something like "how do you feel about playing as a Russian protagonist" or something instead of leaving 360 owners in the dark

Niko Bellic
20-04-2008, 01:21 AM
These weekly question series really do suck.

Edit by Professor-Alex (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Frodo13.
20-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Yea..That's exactly what he should of done.. :rolleyes:

No point taking sides, he did the GTA4 questions instead of the console specific questions, he shouldn't of done this as a question if that was his intention, it should of been something actually related to the game itself and nothing else, not what functions would be good with sixaxis, a more suitable question would be something like "how do you feel about playing as a Russian protagonist" or something instead of leaving 360 owners in the dark

Well surely doing a DLC question would leave us PS3 owners in the dark, or do I hint sarcasm?

Neil
20-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Well surely doing a DLC question would leave us PS3 owners in the dark, or do I hint sarcasm?

Yes it was sarcasm, why would I want him to do a DLC question if I wanted it to be fair?

The Professor
20-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Tbh its only a thread, if you really want another one made go ahead and make it.

I laughed when I read the bit about putting the controller to your ear, that's just insanity :P As someone said above, its just a "petty realism" that they'd put in to sell the game. Its the same with the hotwiring and lack of "fantasy vehicles." Tbh I prefer games the less real they are, I don't own any realistic games at all tbh, except maybe GTA 3, VC & SA but even they're a bit out there. Using the sixaxis thing to control the helicopters & planes sounds pretty cool though, I've always found flying with a keyboard/joypad awkward.

Ashley 12344
20-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Think realism is good, where it improves the game. But nothing tedious.
Hopefully the hot-wiring won't be some 2minute thing you want to watch every time you steal a car.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!