PDA

View Full Version : Why do you listen to music?

chelseafan870
19-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Why do you listen to music?

I listen to music
because it is nice to listen to
and makes me relaxed
or sometimes when I'm in a really hyper/happy mood
I listen to Happy Hardcore which makes me happier!

So why do you listen to music?

RedStratocas
19-04-2008, 08:26 PM
because it rulez.

GhostFace-
19-04-2008, 08:27 PM
because its nice to hear.

cocaine
19-04-2008, 08:31 PM
because it appeals to me

The Undertaker
19-04-2008, 08:34 PM
because it rulez.
That says it all really.

Technologic
19-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Music makes the world go round

samsaBEAR
19-04-2008, 09:35 PM
i listen to music because for that 40 minutes or so it feels like im connected to something bigger. sounds weird, but thats what i believe

Baby
19-04-2008, 09:55 PM
makes me feel good [:

BobX
19-04-2008, 10:07 PM
cause i'm scared that if i don't then its bare quiet and if i hear a noise i think im being broken into and i reach for my pocketknife but its only the wind.

samsaBEAR
19-04-2008, 10:15 PM
cause i'm scared that if i don't then its bare quiet and if i hear a noise i think im being broken into and i reach for my pocketknife but its only the wind.
i lol'd at that ;P

dirrty
19-04-2008, 10:28 PM
because i want to.

le harry
20-04-2008, 04:00 AM
because i have nothing better to listen to.

msb.
20-04-2008, 04:26 AM
I always thought this :), But I don't know a song that I like, 24/7 now :(

Hopeless
20-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I listen to music because it sets the mood.

For exmaple.. if you want everyone to talk quietly like in the morning after a sleep over... stick on some gentle RnB in the background

If you want to rave like a nutter, stick on some heavy bass dance music on ... ect

music is my passion and you could say i have an addiction to it lol, there isn't one day in my life where i haven't listened to music, and i doubt tht will change :)

YoManGo!
20-04-2008, 04:04 PM
music is one of the few things im truely passionate about, so...

chilloutrich
20-04-2008, 05:13 PM
music is my life, i cant go a day without it. it is everywhere, music is television, films, adverts, anything! its so broad and an amazing subject with so much depth and things to explore. music is just amazing.

omgitslily
20-04-2008, 07:04 PM
music is my life, i cant go a day without it. it is everywhere, music is television, films, adverts, anything! its so broad and an amazing subject with so much depth and things to explore. music is just amazing.

well said, and completely spot on :)

because yeah, everything revolves around music.
i listen to it practically every second i'm in my room, i play a song on my phone whilst i'm making a cuppa in the kitchen, i make a playlist for when i go in the bath, i download more songs everyday, i'm forever trying to find new bands.

music goes with every mood; and i'm into so many genres and bands that it can never get boring :]

RedStratocas
20-04-2008, 07:27 PM
idk if music is my life. its not oxygen. i do other stuff too. i mean i play 5 instruments and i'm in a band, and i want to be a music journalist when i grow up. and a lot of people at school think of me as a music guru cause i know a lot about it. but meh. i'm kind of hard to please, i guess. it's sounds and stuff.

omgitslily
20-04-2008, 09:57 PM
^ doesn't your sig say it all really? ;]

that is exactly what i do tbh ahah.
i have some albums ready that i want to buy for when i feel crappy.

RedStratocas
20-04-2008, 10:09 PM
^ doesn't your sig say it all really? ;]

that is exactly what i do tbh ahah.
i have some albums ready that i want to buy for when i feel crappy.

haha, i dont think i do it. i just thought it was cute. linus is adorable.

i do listen to music when i'm down in the dumps, but i dont think i buy new records when i'm like that. i buy new records a few times a month from amazon, ive got around 100 lying around my computer and my room. a few in my car too. a lot of records that i buy i've only heard about but never heard a song from. like i just bough cut copy's new album cause it was really cheap on amazon, and i saw it got a good pitchfork review, but i did it without ever hearing one of their songs. sometimes it turns out good. like i bought vampire weekend's debut after hearing a demo i wasn't even really that thrilled with, and that's one of my favorite records this year. but sometimes it sucks. i bought an m83 after seeing them on a bunch of end-of-year best lists and only listened to it twice.

Slowpoke
20-04-2008, 10:13 PM
It's something to do, I guess. Keeps me occupied and happy!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!