PDA

View Full Version : He came, he fought, he remains undefeated!

Movieen
20-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Joe Calzaghe, Welsh boxer, now, with 45 fights, 45 wins, took on 43 year old Bernard Hopkins, (Americas best).

What a fight, did anyone watch it?

Sylvestor Stallone was cheering for Calzaghe :D

Wales, rocks now mmk?

Thread moved by mat64 (Forum Moderator) from Discuss Anything: This is better suited here :)

StefanCampbell
20-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Woop you won one thing grats, and oh, he's not Americas best btw, Calzaghe's next two fights, will be americas best.. kthanksbye :)

EDIT; oh and Stallone wasn't cheering for Calzaghe, if you watch the fight everytime Calzaghe hits Hopkins around the back of the head and low blows ect, he's up screaming and complaining, but if Hopkins does these Stallone just sits there...

BlueMoon
20-04-2008, 11:49 AM
It was an OK fight, didn't get as excited as I do watching Ricky Hatton.

StefanCampbell
20-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Agree with above, bring on next year with re-match with Mayweather at Wembley eh?

risque
20-04-2008, 12:22 PM
2 of the times Hopkins declared that he'd been lowblowed, the camera shots confirmed that he didn't even touch him. Also, Hopkins continuously grabbed Calzaghe to kill time, much like Mayweather did against Hatton. That referee is obviously urged to maintain an oblivious attitude throughout big matches like these. If it's going to be UK vs USA at least go to a neutral destination with a neutral set of judges (not that they didnt call the fight fairly, as they did) and a neutral referee.

I honestly think Calzaghe should retire after this fight because he almost killed his undefeated streak with that fight.

Movieen
20-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Woop you won one thing grats, and oh, he's not Americas best btw, Calzaghe's next two fights, will be americas best.. kthanksbye :)

EDIT; oh and Stallone wasn't cheering for Calzaghe, if you watch the fight everytime Calzaghe hits Hopkins around the back of the head and low blows ect, he's up screaming and complaining, but if Hopkins does these Stallone just sits there...

Do you have some form of hatred for Wales?
Every thread including something about Wales, you've been a ignorant piece of crap.

We kicked your *** in rugby, we'll kick your *** in the FA Cup.
And we'll kick your *** in boxing.

StefanCampbell
20-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Lol, cause Wales is oh so great, i don't have any problems with wales myself on 1/4 welsh.. but when people like you start boasting because you won one little thing, it annoys me..:)

Movieen
20-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Lol, cause Wales is oh so great, i don't have any problems with wales myself on 1/4 welsh.. but when people like you start boasting because you won one little thing, it annoys me..:)

It's not exactly little sorry.
It was his most experianced opponent, a huge event.
Just shut up mmk?

Nereo
20-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Congrats to him, but I could hav him ;)

Movieen
20-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Congrats to him, but I could hav him ;)

You lie!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!