PDA

View Full Version : Temeplate help in Dw

dobbin
20-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi i have made a temeplate in Dreamweaver 8.
But i dont know how to add a temeplate to a page.
Please help.

Decode
20-04-2008, 04:40 PM
The template is on your page, so there is no problem.

dobbin
20-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeh but i made the temeplate but i dont know how to add the temeplate to the page

Hypertext
20-04-2008, 05:47 PM
a .tpl?

Blob
20-04-2008, 05:48 PM
The template is on your page, so there is no problem.

Obv there is otherwise he wouldnt have posted would he

Source
20-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Reconix I dont think it would be at the level of a smarty template engine type thing. Sounds like he's made a basic template file in dreamweaver (very old web1.0 way of doing things). I would explain but it takes a while to even determine what your on about, anyone else fancy writing him up a tutorial?

Hypertext
20-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Smarty template engine doesn't own .tpls :P

They merely use them, I have my own system that uses .tpls, very well might i add :)

Dentafrice
20-04-2008, 09:34 PM

They merely use them, I have my own system that uses .tpls, very well might i add :)
If it is the system on your CodeeBackend or whatever, it sucks.

Smarty was one of the first to use .tpl files.

Hypertext
21-04-2008, 02:23 AM
Rofl, get over yourself, stop nitpicking, and thinking your best. It works very well and doesn't suck in the least.

Agnostic Bear
21-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Rofl, get over yourself, stop nitpicking, and thinking your best. It works very well and doesn't suck in the least.

Besides, if all else fails I can simply say I'm better and just shut him up.

Dentafrice
21-04-2008, 11:05 AM

I love your display picture, very mature :)

Besides, if all else fails I can simply say I'm better and just shut him up.

Shut me up then?

NEW-START
21-04-2008, 11:35 AM

No need to try showing off with .tpls. Nobody cares that you've made a system using .tpls.

For the template -- have you sliced it?

Excellent
21-04-2008, 11:37 AM

Let me guess, this "system" is stolen code?

Hypertext
21-04-2008, 12:32 PM
I love your display picture, very mature :)
Na, just describing your ego.

Let me guess, this "system" is stolen code?
Let me guess, it uses, a frame, .tpl then puts the actual stuff into a {main.Page} with a string replace, and uses string replaces and {some.Tag} for everything. So actually, you're wrong.

Excellent
21-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Let me guess, it uses, a frame, .tpl then puts the actual stuff into a {main.Page} with a string replace, and uses string replaces and {some.Tag} for everything. So actually, you're wrong.So stolen then. Your getting quite good at stealing things aren't you Mr.Reconix, especially Dentafrice's core code. Good job big boy.

Agnostic Bear
21-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Shut me up then?

You had to ask me about references, one of the most basic things in OOP.

So stolen then. Your getting quite good at stealing things aren't you Mr.Reconix, especially Dentafrice's core code. Good job big boy.

I use that aswell "big boy", so don't go saying that he's stolen it, cause it's very very easy to code.

Excellent
21-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I use that aswell "big boy", so don't go saying that he's stolen it, cause it's very very easy to code.You use Dentrafrice's source code too? Wow, this forum never ceases to amuse me.

Blob
21-04-2008, 01:31 PM
You use Dentrafrice's source code too? Wow, this forum never ceases to amuse me.

No he is using the same concept because its easy to code.

Excellent
21-04-2008, 01:33 PM
No he is using the same concept because its easy to code.The PHP comments are both identical between the two, so if thats not stealing I don't know what is:rolleyes:

Blob
21-04-2008, 01:34 PM
The PHP comments are both identical between the two, so if thats not stealing I don't know what is:rolleyes:

Dan doesn't copy?

Agnostic Bear
21-04-2008, 02:00 PM
You use Dentrafrice's source code too? Wow, this forum never ceases to amuse me.

Dentafrice uses my source code ;)

Invent
21-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Aha, I love threads like this. They never cease to give me laughter.

Agnostic Bear
21-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Aha, I love threads like this. They never cease to give me laughter.

Hello Simon, welcome to this warzone, please leave your hat over there -->
and everything else over there <--

Protege
21-04-2008, 02:29 PM
I steal code from http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk and i stealz monies. DNT HATE DA PLAYA HATE THE GAME! LYK

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Blob
21-04-2008, 02:57 PM
I steal code from http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk and i stealz monies. DNT HATE DA PLAYA HATE THE GAME! LYK

Wow, so do I. Wanna join forces?

Florx
21-04-2008, 03:02 PM
I use .tpl but the point of this thread is to help this poor guy code his template.

You need to open it in photoshop then slice it :)

Protege
21-04-2008, 03:16 PM
He wants to know how to put it on a page, and if your thinking about photoshop slicing + their automatic crap coding then don't even bother making a site just place the image on the page as there is no skill in that.

@Blob, you got to be pr0 at co-op outside hangin' enit.

@.tpl = what is it? loool

Excellent
21-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Dan doesn't copy?I meant reconix, not Lolcopters.

Agnostic Bear
21-04-2008, 03:55 PM
I meant reconix, not Lolcopters.

Ok then, s'all good with me. ;)

Dentafrice
21-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Dentafrice uses my source code ;)

I don't use anything of yours. I did, until I found a better way.

Hypertext
21-04-2008, 08:23 PM

Wow, are you a complete ******? Thats how nearly all template systems are coded. So now I've copied Dentafrice's core? Haha... I have nothing of his code!

Unless you are a complete ******, I really don't understand why your saying this?

You need to research before you say stuff.

Ontopic:

You'll need to slice your layout, if you havn't already check out slicingguide.com for an in-depth guide. Oncwe you've done that, assuming you have html knowledge, you have two options, to code it in tables which is rather deprecated, or you can code it in divs. I advise you to code it in divs, as if you ever want to change something, you can just change the css.

:)

Excellent
21-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Wow, are you a complete ******? Thats how nearly all template systems are coded. So now I've copied Dentafrice's core? Haha... I have nothing of his code!

Unless you are a complete ******, I really don't understand why your saying this?

You need to research before you say stuff.

Ontopic:

You'll need to slice your layout, if you havn't already check out slicingguide.com for an in-depth guide. Oncwe you've done that, assuming you have html knowledge, you have two options, to code it in tables which is rather deprecated, or you can code it in divs. I advise you to code it in divs, as if you ever want to change something, you can just change the css.

:)Now now Mr.Reconix, why are you swearing.. did I touch a nerve? And why are both the comments the same eh? Explain this Mr.Reconix (If you didn't know I sent your full CMS to Caleb so he could look to see if you stole any code, turns out you did).

Hypertext
21-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Nice try, but I still didn't copy his code. And if you did, which I highly doubt get my cms, you'd be mistaken.

Excellent
21-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Nice try, but I still didn't copy his code. And if you did, which I highly doubt get my cms, you'd be mistaken.REMOVED

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not accuse others of scamming.

Hypertext
21-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I still didn't steal his code, and I can't download it :S is it me or is that activation code impossible? the cat thing? wth is that?

Excellent
21-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Why can't you just admit you did and leave this forum? Your a liar. No it is not hard, typing in a code, unless your hands are shaking from nerves? :P This remind you of anything Mr.Reconix?:
http://i29.tinypic.com/rcu334.jpg
Now how would I get that if I didn't have your CMS? Hmmm...

<?php
/**
* Core
*/
class core extends database {

/**
* __Construct()
*/

function __construct() {
parent::__construct ();
}

/**
* read_file()
*/
public function read_file($myFile, $mode) {
$fp = fopen($myFile, $mode);
$theData = fread($fp, filesize($myFile));
fclose($fp);
return $theData;
}

/**
* write_file()
*/
public function write_file($myFile, $mode, $data2write) {
$fp = fopen($myFile, $mode);
$theData = fwrite($fp, $data2write);
fclose($fp);
return '1';
}

/**
* headline()()
*/
public function headline() {
$get_headline = $this->query("SELECT headline FROM settings");
$headline_array = $this->fetch_array($get_headline);

return $headline_array['headline'];
}

/**
* __Destruct()
*/
public function __destruct() {

}

}
/**
* Create $user if not existing already
*/
if (! isset ( $core )) {
$core = new core();
}
?>
Also how would I get that? In /classes/core.php.. Now Mr.Dentafrice claims that you've stolen his code purely because the comments and coding is the same. G'night folks ;)

Hypertext
21-04-2008, 09:17 PM
The only thing that looks remotely like his is the database, which he gave out!

Comments? rofl... I got these off PEAR standards.

Also I suggest you delete all of this right now. Or I will introduce you to my lawyer. You are not allowed to have this. And the guy that gave this to you, yes i know who it was as only one person has it, is going to get screwed over.

This is all copyright to me and that guy wasn't allowed to give it to anyone, and you sir aren't allowed to start posting my stuff.

Edit: Caleb's just admitted on MSN, that none of it was stolen code, the only bits that are the same as his, were publically released on dentafrice.com.

Goodnight Mr. Gork.

Dentafrice
21-04-2008, 09:51 PM

Also I suggest you delete all of this right now. Or I will introduce you to my lawyer. You are not allowed to have this. And the guy that gave this to you, yes i know who it was as only one person has it, is going to get screwed over.

This is all copyright to me and that guy wasn't allowed to give it to anyone, and you sir aren't allowed to start posting my stuff.

Edit: Caleb's just admitted on MSN, that none of it was stolen code, the only bits that are the same as his, were publically released on dentafrice.com.

Goodnight Mr. Gork.
Yet you still can't sell it, you must share-alike.

Hypertext
21-04-2008, 09:57 PM
But if I already own 95% of it, fine, keep the session mgmt and database, but delete all the rest.

Excellent
22-04-2008, 11:34 AM

Goodnight Mr. Gork.Nobody gave me it? I took it myself as it was just sitting there waiting to be stolen, so I did. Now now, don't be making threats Mr.Reconix, they get you nowhere. Okay so if I release this whole cms on Habbox (which I will) your going to get your big lawyer on me?!?!?!?! :O:O. Grow up and get real.

Protege
22-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Copyright all depends on the facts that you can prove that you made it. I'm taking no sides but you need some hard copy proof that your works been stolen, but I don't think you should be arguing over PHP code and who made what. Really you should of just done it on your own if you did 95% of it. A CMS system isn't that original do you think? Could just go on hot scripts and get a free one in all fairness and it likely be better.

Hypertext
22-04-2008, 12:14 PM
lolk. have it then. It's not even half finished. it's bugged random code in it, installer doesn't work, and good luck getting it working on your own server.

Excellent
22-04-2008, 12:25 PM
lolk. have it then. It's not even half finished. it's bugged random code in it, installer doesn't work, and good luck getting it working on your own server.I don't want it. Quite frankly the coding is poor and nothing works, good job!

Hypertext
22-04-2008, 12:35 PM
It all works if your on my server, that particular build only really works on my server. And the coding isn't all that good as alot of pages were rushed, for instance, the pm system. I'd delete that on the spot :) Anyway, enjoy!

Seeing as your releasing it, by the end of the week I'll release a working one

Excellent
22-04-2008, 12:44 PM
It all works if your on my server, that particular build only really works on my server. And the coding isn't all that good as alot of pages were rushed, for instance, the pm system. I'd delete that on the spot :) Anyway, enjoy!

Seeing as your releasing it, by the end of the week I'll release a working one
Get this in your head, I couldn't care less if it worked or didn't work. End of the day I could go grab Joomla and it would do a much better job than yours. Oh great! How much code will be ripped from this one then?

Klydo
22-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Charlie, just give up. We all know you steal and steal to a large extent. I don't even have to go over the fact you copied everything Zedtu has ever done. Just grow up fast and learn to make your own stuff. You can't design, can't code, can't manage and you may learn all of those at school. Try going once in a while :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!