20-04-2008, 06:55 PM
http://watch.ctv.ca/news/w-five/beyond-the-classroom/#clip47284

Robby
20-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Intresting...

Nice find :D

CHA!NGANG
20-04-2008, 07:10 PM
LOL Yeh, I was just talking about this with someone! :) Good to see the old Infobus getting some publicity :)

GhostFace-
20-04-2008, 07:13 PM
lol shes Hc

gd find.

CHA!NGANG
20-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I would say she was a VIP or Temp X seeing as she was hosting an Infobus session :) But I am not sure.

GhostFace-
20-04-2008, 07:19 PM
I would say she was a VIP or Temp X seeing as she was hosting an Infobus session :) But I am not sure.

yea but FRANKS not Hc

CHA!NGANG
20-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Maybe he is but just doesn't use the clothes. Either that or the Frank Badge doesn't come with Core HC, but it comes with the ability to control the infobus. Its not tricky to find out.

EDIT: The homepage for the person in the video is not available... I can't see if she has VIP badge or anything.

Slowpoke
20-04-2008, 07:25 PM
They made out that you can't get any help on Habbo if you're being bullied, biased video.

CHA!NGANG
20-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Not really, she is saying that you can get help. But at the sametime she is saying Habbo is dangerous. Its got mixed messages.

Finkelstien
20-04-2008, 07:31 PM
I really think this woman needs to find a job she can do and a life while shes at it.

Great find.

Slowpoke
20-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I really think this woman needs to find a job she can do and a life while shes at it.

Great find.

She's a Police Officer, isn't she?

Kardan
20-04-2008, 07:34 PM
She works for the Ontario Provincial Police, so she does have a life and a job infact.

They host Infobus sessions on the Canadian hotel like FRANK used to on the UK Hotel.

And you can tell she's not a VIP or X by the MOD tool in the top left hand corner.

CHA!NGANG
20-04-2008, 07:38 PM
:o I didn't see that lol! I am guessing she got some sort of badge which had privledges on.

Finkelstien
20-04-2008, 07:42 PM
She's a Police Officer, isn't she?

Yes she is, read between the lines... a job she can do.

CHA!NGANG
20-04-2008, 07:49 PM
She doesn't seem that bad to me...

Finkelstien
20-04-2008, 07:58 PM
She does to me.

GoldenMerc
20-04-2008, 08:55 PM
No she doesnt :S
Man you talk ****.
Olleh thats rly intrestin plus rep my friend!

Edited by Finkelstien (Forum Moderator): Please do not make rude posts aimed at other members of this forum.

Frizzoo
20-04-2008, 08:57 PM
actually a bit sad story, but it's good they at least are trying to do something.

hah
20-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Intresting...

Nice find

Spam?

Anyways yeah anyone can prestend to be anyone on habbo you dont know who your really talking to.

HotelUser
20-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Being a Canadian I am quite disappointed I didn't catch this on the TV myself. Honestly the Canadian hotel consisted of around 2,000 active users during peak. There is no advertisements for the Canadian hotel, and most Canadians just go on USA hotel, not knowing there even IS a CA. Myself, I've always been at UK since 2003, therefor I didn't change over.

Anyhow, nice find.

Moh
20-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Shes a MOD, but dosnt have a MOD- Name :S

I still dont understand police in America etc.., they carry guns, get they dont even have a stab vest? Yet in england, they have no guns, but they have aload of gear.

Kardan
20-04-2008, 09:22 PM

I still dont understand police in America etc.., they carry guns, get they dont even have a stab vest? Yet in england, they have no guns, but they have aload of gear.

Just because she has MOD tools doesn't make her a MOD.

HotelUser
20-04-2008, 09:24 PM

This is Canada, an RCMP officer has protective gear and a gun, they have handcuffs, a PDA phone/talkie and all that. Since Canada doesn't let as many people yield guns compared to the states, it's much safer to be an officer in Canada.

Pyroka
20-04-2008, 09:59 PM
I watched the whole 11 minutes, and frankly I'm stunned. I didn't know the problems got that bad, since you never heard about it in the UK. The focus nowadays is on paedophiles, murders and rapists. I fear that cyberbullying is very much underestimated in this world, but they do notice it. I know only 5 police officers which do such a thing to prevent this sort of stuff happening, and thats in the whole south-west region of the UK. They don't even do cyberbullying though, because they're too busy chasing paedophiles on the internet to notice cyberbullying. It's not a main priority for them.

I could say I've been a victim of cyberbullying, but I know I've been the cause of it too. I've been a victim of bullying in real life, but I never have caused it to anyone else. It's funny how that might work because it shows that you get this sense of 'untouchable status' when you're young and on the internet. In the video you posted, it shown the man who got threatened over the internet, and the reason the bully stated he would get away with what he was doing was, "I'll do it anyway because I'm young and I'll get a slap on the wrist, it'll be worth it".

Scarily enough, that's as true as it gets. I do not see why they haven't created a blacklist of cyberbullies yet, because the problem is growing at such a fast rate. I've never heard of a suicide before, but still... Wow. I'm even more scared because I'm going to be moderating a canadian-based MMOCC (like Habbo) soon so that really does put pressure on how the issue is. I'm going to post this video in our forums now, and I'm sure I'll stun the MOD manager (who is a police officer himself, in Canada).

I agree with schools not having enough power but giving the schools that extra legislation in Canada won't do much good. The video stated that in the past these acts have been introduced into schools, but it never stops the problem. I don't think there's any way to stop the problem without having to confront the bullies themselves and see what they have to say for themselves. That might cause more problems, but its a gradual thing which has to be done. Schools in the UK are going to stay the same for a long time, and I don't think many teachers know what cyberbullying actually is. They've probably heard of it once or twice but they don't know the full potential it has to wreck someones life, or end it as seen in the video.

Anyway it's a find I'm sure to remember, I really would like to go on more about how this video has shocked me but I've got coursework to get on with. This is one of the reasons I'd like to join CEOP but I don't think CEOP protects children from this at all. They don't realise the punishment it can cause.

+rep

EDIT: By the way, these people making remarks about how she should get a life and such, tell that to the girl who got bullied so badly through cyberbullying, that she killed herself. That woman is there to help protect the children, but hey... Tell that to the 14 year old girl with no life left in her. Heartless *******s =/

Gini
20-04-2008, 11:07 PM
I can't believe that girl committed suicide. Terrible thing to happen.

mlp16
21-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Wow, what a sad story.. This is why Habbo keep Re-introducing us with Childline and NSPCC, but i do feel they dont do it enough. As for schools when i went to school Cyberbullying was not brought up once.

The UK lacks in protection just as CA it needs to be sorted fast, as recently we have found out about the 7 Suicide on bebo and face book. Only time will tell..

Excellent Video shame about the outcome.

R.I.P

Rafiki
21-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Pmsl irl. Im on that video :D

HotelUser
21-04-2008, 10:58 AM
In the United States a ten year old committed suicide because on World of Warcraft they didn't let him join the guild Heros.

BlueMoon
21-04-2008, 01:01 PM

Great find.
Shes a police officer. :rolleyes:

In England they have tazers... well in Manchester they do.

In the United States a ten year old committed suicide because on World of Warcraft they didn't let him join the guild Heros.
I know I shouldn't laugh but... LMAO.

InfoStructure
21-04-2008, 02:50 PM

Just in England? Are you implying that the rest of the UK (Yes, there is 4 more countries) don't have this?

Pmsl irl. Im on that video :D

It's not a funny matter whether you're on it or not.
I just hope her family and friends cope ok. RIP.

Hiro
21-04-2008, 04:47 PM
I doubt it's going to stop cyber-bullying..
It'd just be an on-going war that can't be won or lost..

Moh
21-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Just in England? Are you implying that the rest of the UK (Yes, there is 4 more countries) don't have this?

There equiptment could be different in other areas :P

InfoStructure
21-04-2008, 04:56 PM
There equiptment could be different in other areas :P

Their*
In other areas? Don't you mean countries?

Cryptoo
02-05-2008, 12:42 PM
good find, the story after is sad :(
she has the Mod tool

JessicaLOL
11-05-2008, 10:16 AM
wooooooow thats so amazing.
not

Purposeless
12-05-2008, 06:29 PM
No she doesnt :S
Man you talk ****.
Olleh thats rly intrestin plus rep my friend!

Edited by Finkelstien (Forum Moderator): Please do not make rude posts aimed at other members of this forum.

Wow from that edit Finkelstien, I think your a worse mod than jamie

you saw it coming because you were talking crap :S

How do you know how good she is at her job when you don't know **** about her

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!