PDA

View Full Version : World war 2

Wootzeh
21-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Just wondering about it today, do you think it was right for America to of used the A-bombs? Killed alot of people, but helped to end the war :S
your views?

contagious
21-04-2008, 09:11 PM
What the Japanese did during WW2 was barbaric, cruel and disgusting. They deserved both of the atomic bombings.

JackBuddy
22-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Well, in some ways it could have saved lives. If those bombs weren't dropped, the world could still be at war now. But I do wonder if the Americans would have produced them if they had any idea how much controvercy and danger they would create they would cause in recent years.

Virgin Mary
22-04-2008, 06:41 PM
What the Japanese did during WW2 was barbaric, cruel and disgusting. They deserved both of the atomic bombings.
It wasn't the children and women they dropped the bombs on who were fighting in the war though.

mangle
22-04-2008, 06:51 PM
I reckon that it was the best way to end the war. My opinion anyway , we've seen the consequences and hopefully we won't have to see them again.

Jordy
22-04-2008, 07:40 PM
It wasn't the children and women they dropped the bombs on who were fighting in the war though.That's correct but they where killing other innocent children and women around the world so it's a no win situation, lots of innocent people would of died whether the bomb was dropped or not.

I feel the bomb was a clause that helped the end of WWII but it was a difficult situation and people died no matter what happened, it's a no win situation that gets criticised whatever the outcome.

To above poster, I agree, no one would of known how bad atomic bombs really where with out the evidence, there was Science saying they would cause mass destruction but you'd need to see for yourself. If that didn't go off, perhaps countries like Israel would of set them off today and not realise how devastating they can really be.

Callum.
22-04-2008, 07:44 PM
The Japanese were about to surrender anyway, was just a big excuse to show their power. Was the best idea imo, scared off many countries with technology advances. Hitler tried to make the atom bomb, but Americans had it ready early I think.

contagious
22-04-2008, 10:10 PM
It wasn't the children and women they dropped the bombs on who were fighting in the war though.

I agree, but this was a war. Just how the Germans bombed Britain whose women and children weren't fighting, the Americans did the same to the Japanese. On a much larger scale, but the same principle was behind both attacks; too take down the opposing country.

Excellent
23-04-2008, 12:17 PM
The a-bomb dropping was right.. We could still be at war today. The japs more than deserved what they got.

Plux
23-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Yes, only one was needed though...

And, now this has happened, we are at threat of World War 3.

JackBuddy
23-04-2008, 05:42 PM
but if there was no atom bomb then we could still be at war now...
oh the controvercy!

Plux
24-04-2008, 04:39 PM
but if there was no atom bomb then we could still be at war now...
oh the controvercy!

Controversy?

No, it's irony. :rolleyes:

HotelUser
04-05-2008, 01:40 AM
It wasn't right for the Japanese soldiers to go into China and violate and capture millions of females. The American's bombing was productive towards ending the war. Yes, it did cause substantial casualties, none the less if it hadn't occurred you or I may not be here today.

Herman
05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
because of the bombings, the japanese had to surrender the countries they have captured in southeast asia to help their own people back in japan.

if not for the bombings, southeast asian nations would still be under the japanese till this day instead of being independent nations.

based on history books, the japanese soldiers were brutal and would kill anyone who did not bow at a 90 degree angle in their presence.

Zak
06-05-2008, 08:13 PM
They would have won anyway.

The A-Bomb was just to show the power that they had.

StickMan
21-05-2008, 01:52 AM
War is for STUPID people that can't solve things talking, thinking and discuss a solution for both sides.

War mean's not to be capable of the things mention and act like a ANIMAL, with no mind of what can happen, just like Hitler.

If people now wants war, then they are a complete replica of HITLER.

That's it.

Dan/

-Xiangu-
21-05-2008, 02:15 PM
I think it was needed to in the long term save lives.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!