PDA

View Full Version : A serious GTA question...

Xarea
22-04-2008, 07:28 PM
I don't really care much for gaming, but i've loved all the GTA series, I always play every game (near enough) on PS2, but I always wondered:

Why is GTA VI only coming out on Xbox 360 and PS3?

I know that PS2 is almost like "old news", but I know of so many people who don't really feel like splashing out 200 odd quid for a console, just to play some game.

Pah, anyone know? Is it technical aspects? Or them just being tight?

Jordy
22-04-2008, 07:30 PM
I don't think it's down to spec's really much, third generation console's can handle large detail much better, and they also are HD which the PS2 isn't. Online play is also a issue as the PS2 can't really use online gaming like the PS3 and PSP can as it doesn't use the Playstation network system.

All in all it's just they want to keep it on the current consoles and so that you buy them.

You can get brand new Xbox's for about £140 these days so it's all coming down, and if you look in pre-owned sections or on eBay, you'll make huge savings.

GhostFace-
22-04-2008, 07:34 PM
ill guess that The 360 and ps3 Graphics are so good that it would make the game look crappy on the other consoles.

lew!
22-04-2008, 07:36 PM
but which is better..
xbox360 or ps3?

Breakfloor
22-04-2008, 07:46 PM
everybody i know who has played both agrees that they dont like either better than the other.

i honestly prefer a 360. not because i own it as that doesnt make a difference. it just feels better and is more fun.

Scriptermone
22-04-2008, 07:47 PM
There isn't a better console in its self, you can have as much evidence to back your opinion on whatever console you like, won't make it true though, even if you think you are right.

I could say 'ps3 is better because you don't pay for online'

and I do think that, and many more features, but im not gonna get into any arguements, because its kinda sad to argue what console is better.

Mario
22-04-2008, 07:48 PM
third generation console's can handle large detail much better.

Third gen? my friend, we're in the seventh generation of gaming.
See here
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28seventh_generati on%29)

Callum.
22-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Because as grpahics advance, they leave consoles behind. San Adreas was some of the best graphics for ps2, another GTA ps2 would basically be the same as SA.

mangle
22-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I don't think the PS2 could handle the sheer size of it. That and the saves are way bigger than the av mem card I think.

Breakfloor
22-04-2008, 07:51 PM
There isn't a better console in its self, you can have as much evidence to back your opinion on whatever console you like, won't make it true though, even if you think you are right.

I could say 'ps3 is better because you don't pay for online'

and I do think that, and many more features, but im not gonna get into any arguements, because its kinda sad to argue what console is better.

i agree. im not saying either is better but i PREFERthe 360

Niko Bellic
22-04-2008, 08:32 PM
PS2 can't handle the graphics as well as these new gen consoles can.

Moh
22-04-2008, 08:35 PM
The PS3 & xBox have better Graphics (Well PS3 does).

A PS3 is more for hardcore gameing :P

Niko Bellic
22-04-2008, 08:37 PM
The PS3 & xBox have better Graphics (Well PS3 does).

A PS3 is more for hardcore gameing :P

Xbox 360 fill both of them forms more. Mr.Fanboy. And you're telling me Xbox 360 isn't for "hardcore gamers"? Please.. :rolleyes:

GommeInc
22-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Both are for hardcore gamers really... PS3 is probably a little bit ahead with the power behind it, but they both sit under hardcore gaming, because they both play hardcore games.

Moh
22-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Xbox 360 fill both of them forms more. Mr.Fanboy. And you're telling me Xbox 360 isn't for "hardcore gamers"? Please.. :rolleyes:
PS3 was built for hardcore gaming
Xbox was built because Microsoft are a **** of a company.

Niko Bellic
22-04-2008, 08:49 PM

Are you using Vista?

And you do know Sony actually steal ideas from Microsoft. In the Haze studios where they are developing the game they actually have a few Xbox 360's that they play. :rolleyes:

And if Microsoft suck how did we get that many sales that we have? :D

Fan boy alert. [/Jack120]

Ashley 12344
22-04-2008, 08:53 PM

Yeah, real good argument there. Are you seriously stupid?

Niko Bellic
22-04-2008, 09:04 PM

You are todays winner. :D

Arfs
22-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Obviously not as stupid as you.

Oleh
22-04-2008, 09:27 PM
but which is better..
xbox360 or ps3?

People will come at you with biased opinions but me ill give honest:

Id say x360 as you have many things ps3 hasnt such as : in-game chat(private) ,you can view whose online in the game and read messages ingame the online is much better as the voice chat is used by 99.8% of live users my expieriance on the ps3 suggests only around 40% use it as i had somewhat 50 matches on cod4 and ut3 and both of them i had around 3 people out of 10 use microphones (all random matches not the same one twice) ps3 may have a bigger hard drive and graphics capabilities and even disc space but the xbox will always be top dog for online play and user friendly-ness

Yes you may think this is biased, yes it is in a way but its late and i should be asleep so i cant be bothered to write up a full unbiased report on both

Before i forget Jack I thought you was a kinda good guy but from that post you threw that down the toilet as your a ps3 fanboy (yes who gives a damn) but im just saying fanboys are scum as far as im aware people call me xbox fanboy boo hoo i know i aint as i occasionally play on my ps3 and some times my wii i just find xbox's better you may find ps3 better but no need to go shouting out that you think it was built for hardcore gamer which it wasnt as its more of a computer than games system xbox is for hardcore gamers as theres no 3hour long updates what take another 2000 hours to install aswell as there isnt operating systems or anything specifically for ps3 gaming is for the fun of playing the game not fun of waiting all day to be able to play the game

Moh
22-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Its true though. Every thing Microsoft develop now is to try and be an all mighty company. They saw that Sony make alot of money from there PlayStations, so Microsoft weren't happy.

GommeInc
22-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Its true though. Every thing Microsoft develop now is to try and be an all mighty company. They saw that Sony make alot of money from there PlayStations, so Microsoft weren't happy.
To be fair though, Sony make computers and they use Windows Vista, which comes from Microsoft (something like that) and the SIXAXIS idea is pretty lame because it's not used alot. Both have their faults.

Meanies
22-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Third gen? my friend, we're in the seventh generation of gaming.
See here
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28seventh_generati on%29)

That was quite an interesting page.

gamg gear ftw. i still got mine downstairs :)
yay for megadrive and snes
nintendo 64!!!!

lmao @ dreamcast. that never really took off.

Moh
22-04-2008, 09:40 PM
To be fair though, Sony make computers and they use Windows Vista, which comes from Microsoft (something like that) and the SIXAXIS idea is pretty lame because it's not used alot. Both have their faults.
Yes, but Windows is available to every one, but other OS such as Mac OS X arnt. Also whats the SIXAXIS idea? I thought SIXAXIS was the name of the remote.

Stitch
22-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Yes, but Windows is available to every one, but other OS such as Mac OS X arnt. Also whats the SIXAXIS idea? I thought SIXAXIS was the name of the remote.
Some games let you move the controller to do something. E.g. in cod3 you tilt it to melee

Misawa
22-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Yup, the other consoles simply cannot take the new game.

Ashley 12344
23-04-2008, 09:15 AM

Probably the two key aims on enterprise. Nothing wrong, all companies aim to aspire. Competition is also generally better for the consumer.

You just come out with a load of crap.

GommeInc
23-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Not entirely true, some people have managed to get OS X on PCs. Infact, Apple are the only company that don't give out their OS to anyone and everyone, freely... Windows can go on anything and Linux is free to use for anyone. And SIXAXIS is the name of the function in the PS3 controllers which is similar to the Wii, except kinda useless.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!