PDA

View Full Version : 'it has not been possible to connect your call'

samsaBEAR
23-04-2008, 08:26 PM
i broke my old phone, so im borrowing one from a friend.
ive put a new sim in it, and i rang it up to test and make sure everything is fine, but i keep getting that message, 'it has not been possible to connect your call'.
ive tried the old sim, and that to brings the same message. i can still recieve text messages, it's just calls. i have signal, so its not that
anyone know why this would happen?

(MODS dont move, this forum get's more attention than the mobile devices one, the last post there was 3 days ago)

:Edzy
23-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Either

*Bad Network Coverage
*Phone Won't Accept Network of SIM Fully
*The Phone Is Stolen

Or a problem which i don't know

Contact the phone makers and your network provider.

Hope this helps!

samsaBEAR
23-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Either

*Bad Network Coverage
*Phone Won't Accept Network of SIM Fully
*The Phone Is Stolen

Or a problem which i don't know

Contact the phone makers and your network provider.

Hope this helps!
surely if the network wont accept the sim, i wouldnt get text messages either? i only activated this earlier, so ive only had texts from o2, so surely my network has handled it fine?
same with a stolen phone, would it still get text messages?

23-04-2008, 08:45 PM
surely if the network wont accept the sim, i wouldnt get text messages either? i only activated this earlier, so ive only had texts from o2, so surely my network has handled it fine?
same with a stolen phone, would it still get text messages?
It depends what the network decides to block. I'd give it 24 hours before all features are fully functional because phone companies have ponsey systems. I think thats you're problem if it was activated less than 24 hours ago, sometimes its 48h.

iJoe
23-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Do you have sufficiant credit?

Sounds stupid but even with 10p o2 don't usually let you call

Is the phone an o2 phone?

If it's been unlocked it might be faulty, or it might need unlocking.

Is the sim contract / pay as you go?

If it's a brand new pay as you go you will need credit and to top up before you can do anything

samsaBEAR
23-04-2008, 08:55 PM
its a pay as you go, and its a problem with people ringing me, not me ringing out. i dont have any credit. sorry if i didnt make that clear :P
when my friend gave it to me, it had an inactive o2 simcard in it, so i assume it was originally an o2 phone.

23-04-2008, 09:13 PM
its a pay as you go, and its a problem with people ringing me, not me ringing out. i dont have any credit. sorry if i didnt make that clear :P
when my friend gave it to me, it had an inactive o2 simcard in it, so i assume it was originally an o2 phone.

You have to make a chargable call on some networks to fully activate.

samsaBEAR
23-04-2008, 09:22 PM
well it does it with my old SIM card, and ive made loads of calls with that
ill wait a couple of days. if it still does it then ill just have to say to not ring me.
its only till i can get enough money to get a new one, so it only needs to last a month or so

Recursion
24-04-2008, 05:47 AM
Have you got the welcome to O2 message?

I know on T-Mobile everytime it finds your on a different phone it will send the Welcome message to tell you that basically the network knows the SIM is there, the phone has registered fully with the network and phone and its working.

cammy.
24-04-2008, 05:49 AM
Done this before mate, my phone sim was deleted for no use anymore by the company cuz it had damage/

samsaBEAR
24-04-2008, 06:54 AM
well i put the sim in, then called 4444 to register it, then it sent me two texts, one of which was to install all my wap settings and the like, and the other was to tell me they were going to do it.
so if that counts as an o2 welcome message then yes i have

24-04-2008, 05:01 PM
well it does it with my old SIM card, and ive made loads of calls with that
ill wait a couple of days. if it still does it then ill just have to say to not ring me.
its only till i can get enough money to get a new one, so it only needs to last a month or so

Yeah it goes by the new SIM card. try making a chargable call.

samsaBEAR
29-04-2008, 09:06 PM
i dont know if anyone was interested, but all i had to do was make a chargable call, so +rep for everyone who said that :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!