PDA

View Full Version : First Kara run...

Wig44.
23-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Didn't take any screenies but we downed wolf and some people needed to go.
Got Shard of the Virtuous from Maiden in my first ever run for only 50 dkp :D and got 7 badges. Was great fun though, I had an excellent time and thansk to this run which we will hopefully continue tommorrow I have 1k healing and some experience.

Nemo
23-04-2008, 09:29 PM
omg u iz better than me now in healing =[ i wanted that damn thing!

Bailey
24-04-2008, 06:00 AM

nemo got ownedddd

/dance

Axel
24-04-2008, 07:08 AM
I presume you're in TPA? They use DKP in Kara... tis stupid.

Wig44.
24-04-2008, 07:50 AM
I presume you're in TPA? They use DKP in Kara... tis stupid.

Why? I seriously don't know what raids DKP would be good in or not and why so if you could tell me and boost my knowledge that would be great :P

Unlucky nemo silly nab

Axel
24-04-2008, 03:06 PM
DKP is so strict... my guild just uses 'if you need', because they're friendly and don't have to keep super strict rules, but there are still some rules.. If you got a nice drop from the last boss you killed and another thing drops after that you need and someone else needs, in our guild you won't get both drop because it's fair to let the other person have something.

Charleshi
24-04-2008, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't say that DKP is strict, it's a way of rewarding the players who participate in nearly every raid with loot, rather than letting someone who raids once every blue moon come steal loot off a core raider.

We don't have DKP in our guild, just rankings.

Robzor
24-04-2008, 04:10 PM
my guild dosent have dkp in kara , we get on fine when it comes to loot drops.
if 2 or more need , we just simply let the other have it , or roll.

Axel
24-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Well ye Charles, DKP is also a fair system but we prefer to just make our own judgements about who deserves what... like say if someone has been after an epic for ages, obviously a new raider won't be allowed to just take it.

Youheard
24-04-2008, 09:26 PM

Not really hard to better than you though is it, I probably have more bonus healing in my shadow gear...

EDIT: Infact I do /points at sig.

Grats on the mace, it's a pretty uncommon drop from her, unlike that totem and those mail dps gloves.

Nemo
24-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Not really hard to better than you though is it, I probably have more bonus healing in my shadow gear...

EDIT: Infact I do /points at sig.
well i am a newb 70, and i havent played it loads recently ;s

Youheard
24-04-2008, 09:29 PM
well i am a newb 70, and i havent played it loads recently ;s

So? Not like you have to play 24/7 to raid kara is it...?

Nemo
24-04-2008, 09:31 PM
So? Not like you have to play 24/7 to raid kara is it...?
well i have like 825... i didnt say you had to, but ive only gone twice to kara on the druid and havent been pvping much....

Youheard
24-04-2008, 09:34 PM
well i have like 825... i didnt say you had to, but ive only gone twice to kara on the druid and havent been pvping much....

No but you bought up the fact that not being able to play much recently has prevented you from gearing up past 1k bonus healing when to be honest it's so ******edly easy to get past 1k bonus healing as any healing class as proven by the fact I have more than 1k bonus healing in shadow gear specced as shadow.

Nemo
24-04-2008, 09:39 PM
No but you bought up the fact that not being able to play much recently has prevented you from gearing up past 1k bonus healing when to be honest it's so ******edly easy to get past 1k bonus healing as any healing class as proven by the fact I have more than 1k bonus healing in shadow gear specced as shadow.And yet, you have had it for ages and your gear is pretty imba. I didn't say it was hard, i just said omg hes better than me now. Just the fact that i don't play for enough time to finish a small heroic such as AC prevents me from getting pve gear including goin kara.

Youheard
24-04-2008, 09:42 PM
And yet, you have had it for ages and your gear is pretty imba. I didn't say it was hard, i just said omg hes better than me now. Just the fact that i don't play for enough time to finish a small heroic such as AC prevents me from getting pve gear including goin kara.

Since when do you need imba gear to heal through kara? We took a resto druid through who'd only dinged an hour or two before entry and we still cleared it in 3 hours...

Nemo
24-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Since when do you need imba gear to heal through kara? We took a resto druid through who'd only dinged an hour or two before entry and we still cleared it in 3 hours...The fact is that i dont have enough time to go kara, not once did i say im not good enough to heal there.

Youheard
24-04-2008, 09:47 PM
The fact is that i dont have enough time to go kara, not once did i say im not good enough to heal there.

Then don't moan when people have better gear than you. Kthnx.

Nemo
24-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Then don't moan when people have better gear than you. Kthnx.
I wasn't moaning... i was just joking around. You don't know me. You don't know how i joke about or whatever, so don't act like you do.

Youheard
24-04-2008, 09:51 PM
I wasn't moaning... i was just joking around. You don't know me. You don't know how i joke about or whatever, so don't act like you do.

You're right, I don't know you nor do I want to know you. As from what I hear from other people you're a proper little arrogant ****. I hope you're enjoying a taste of your own medicine.

Also, way to go emo and completely away from the point. QQ

Nemo
24-04-2008, 09:53 PM
You're right, I don't know you nor do I want to know you. As from what I hear from other people you're a proper little arrogant ****. I hope you're enjoying a taste of your own medicine.

Also, way to go emo and completely away from the point. QQ
Other people, such as? And from what i hear from some people, and what i see for myself, you are just a rude, immature boy.

And go emo and away from the point? I've lost ya.

Youheard
24-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Other people, such as? And from what i hear from some people, and what i see for myself, you are just a rude, immature boy.

And go emo and away from the point? I've lost ya.

Only rude to you thanks very much. Also that's a tad hypocritical really isn't it? Telling people that "you don't know me" blah blah then happy to throw petty comments in my direction in some form of lame attempt at justifying you being a **** to people in game? Do you feel you know me well enough to make these assertions? Nooooooo I din't think so either.

Nemo
24-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Only rude to you thanks very much. Also that's a tad hypocritical really isn't it? Telling people that "you don't know me" blah blah then happy to throw petty comments in my direction in some form of lame attempt at justifying you being a **** to people in game?

Petty comments? Im judging you from what i've seen of you. Also, i don't know what people i am like that to.

Youheard
24-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Petty comments? Im judging you from what i've seen of you. Also, i don't know what people i am like that to.

Then it makes the situation 10x worse doesn't it? You aren't even aware you're coming across in that way to other people and yes I'm fully aware how I'm coming across right now before you go down that path...

Nemo
24-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Then it makes the situation 10x worse doesn't it? You aren't even aware you're coming across in that way to other people and yes I'm fully aware how I'm coming across right now before you go down that path...
If i am coming across to people like that, then im most probaly joking but they are taking it to heart. Please, do tell who these people are.

Wig44.
25-04-2008, 07:15 AM
No offense youheard but telling nemo he makes petty comments is hypocritical, as when you said gz on the mace you felt you just HAD to slip in the 'and the totem and dps gloves' with it.

Gloves are ones I've kept from when I respecced and the totem was a wuest reward in Hfp (:P) which I never got around to replacing.

Youheard
25-04-2008, 10:47 AM
No offense youheard but telling nemo he makes petty comments is hypocritical, as when you said gz on the mace you felt you just HAD to slip in the 'and the totem and dps gloves' with it.

Gloves are ones I've kept from when I respecced and the totem was a wuest reward in Hfp (:P) which I never got around to replacing.

What on earth are you on about? All I said was the totem and the dps gloves are common drops... neither of which he can use on either of his chars...

Wig44.
25-04-2008, 02:31 PM
What on earth are you on about? All I said was the totem and the dps gloves are common drops... neither of which he can use on either of his chars...

Oh, seemed like you were taking the mick :P Sorry!

Axel
25-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Wow Nemo, your char sucks! BE OFFENDED!

Youheard
25-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Wow Nemo, your char sucks! BE OFFENDED!

Finished crying about whatever it was you were crying about yet?

Robzor
25-04-2008, 07:01 PM
omgggggg you are so imba , give me kara epix plx.

Axel
25-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Finished crying about whatever it was you were crying about yet?

You what?

Nemo
25-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Wow Nemo, your char sucks! BE OFFENDED!i am </3. i find lvling more fun, just gettin to know the char n stuff, gearing is kinda long to me

Robzor
25-04-2008, 08:03 PM
i am </3. i find lvling more fun, just gettin to know the char n stuff, gearing is kinda long to me

lol just forget him.
he thinks hes well imba cause hes got better gear on a virtual game.

Youheard
25-04-2008, 09:20 PM
lol just forget him.
he thinks hes well imba cause hes got better gear on a virtual game.

I'll think you'll find my problem with him was the way he spoke to a close friend of mine but fair enough you tried also I can't really comment on my "imba" gear as it's not really THAT imba tbh. You also play this virtual game and obviously strive for better gear so you're taking the mick out of yourself to.

Jon, last time you spoke to me you left me a ****** whisper and logged straight away.

Nemo
25-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I'll think you'll find my problem with him was the way he spoke to a close friend of mine but fair enough you tried also I can't really comment on my "imba" gear as it's not really THAT imba tbh. You also play this virtual game and obviously strive for better gear so you're taking the mick out of yourself to.

Jon, last time you spoke to me you left me a ****** whisper and logged straight away.
By him, you mean me? Im just wondering who this friend is argh. pm me if you don't want people to see -_-

Robzor
25-04-2008, 09:49 PM
I can't really comment on my "imba" gear as it's not really THAT imba tbh. You also play this virtual game and obviously strive for better gear so you're taking the mick out of yourself

well from what ive saw earlier , you were taking the mick out of nemos bonus healing, that obviously dosent hint that his gear is abit off?
and striving for better gear? i dont exactly think when i log on , OMG I WANTZ NEW GEARZ , theres more fun to the game than upgrading your gear.

Axel
25-04-2008, 09:56 PM

A ****** whisper... dunno what swear words will fit the gap and make sense. I wasn't crying, I was just a bit annoyed that Jamie said I couldn't join Sanctuary (when I wanted to join it with the little HXF groupie) because they're strictly doing Tier 5, even though Jimi got in. But if you're referring to that I have "stopped crying over it" because I've learnt to move on and find a different server to play on which I'm quite happy with.

Youheard
25-04-2008, 10:01 PM
well from what ive saw earlier , you were taking the mick out of nemos bonus healing, that obviously dosent hint that his gear is abit off?
and striving for better gear? i dont exactly think when i log on , OMG I WANTZ NEW GEARZ , theres more fun to the game than upgrading your gear.

SRSLY IS DER? NO WAIZ!@!@ Also I don't understand the bit in bold, might want to rephrase it.

A ****** whisper... dunno what swear words will fit the gap and make sense. I wasn't crying, I was just a bit annoyed that Jamie said I couldn't join Sanctuary (when I wanted to join it with the little HXF groupie) because they're strictly doing Tier 5, even though Jimi got in. But if you're referring to that I have "stopped crying over it" because I've learnt to move on and find a different server to play on which I'm quite happy with.

Female dog with a y on the end. If thats what Jamie said that's what Jamie said, no need to take it out on me like.

Robzor
25-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Also I don't understand the bit in bold, might want to rephrase it.

it wasnt meant to make sense , i tried to sound leet like you.

Youheard
25-04-2008, 10:09 PM
it wasnt meant to make sense , i tried to sound leet like you.

You posted something that didn't make sense intentionally? You're either really dumb or just trying to cover up your mistakes, which is even dumber.

P.S. Why did you get involved again? Considering I'd dropped it...

Wig44.
25-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Better gear is what Wow is all about. That and just a long grind. So of course you strive for better gear! And wow, the thread should be renamed to flame wars or something.

Nemo
25-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Better gear is what Wow is all about. That and just a long grind. So of course you strive for better gear! And wow, the thread should be renamed to flame wars or something.i thought WoW was about fun? :p. I just prefer havin fun, even if my gear isn't 'uber leet'

Youheard
25-04-2008, 10:13 PM
i thought WoW was about fun? :p. I just prefer havin fun, even if my gear isn't 'uber leet'

Doing 25 man raids to get gear IS fun...

Also, when did I ever say my gear was amazing? I simply stated it's easy to 1000 bonus healing... 'cos it is...

Robzor
25-04-2008, 10:13 PM
You posted something that didn't make sense intentionally? You're either really dumb or just trying to cover up your mistakes, which is even dumber.

P.S. Why did you get involved again? Considering I'd dropped it...

lol , im dumb?
I WANT NEW GEARZ KKZ is what i put.
if you cant work that out , it means :

i want new gear kk
sortd?

Wig44.
25-04-2008, 10:14 PM
i thought WoW was about fun? :p. I just prefer havin fun, even if my gear isn't 'uber leet'

Your gear doesn't need to be 'uber leet' my gear never will be but yeah you can have fun which I'm doing trying to obtain better gear and doing raids or instances.

Edit;

Doing 25 man raids to get gear IS fun...

Also, when did I ever say my gear was amazing? I simply stated it's easy to 1000 bonus healing... 'cos it is...

I agree with the bold bit, though I've only healed instances and kara once, it was great fun an got beter gear simultaneously.

Axel
25-04-2008, 10:14 PM
SRSLY IS DER? NO WAIZ!@!@ Also I don't understand the bit in bold, might want to rephrase it.

Female dog with a y on the end. If thats what Jamie said that's what Jamie said, no need to take it out on me like.

I didn't mean to take it out on you, and besides I'm not even bothered anymore. Though it is a bit petty insulting Nemo about not having 1000 bonus healing, no matter how easy it is to get.

Nemo
25-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Your gear doesn't need to be 'uber leet' my gear never will be but yeah you can have fun which I'm doing trying to obtain better gear and doing raids or instances.

Edit;

I agree with the bold bit, though I've only healed instances and kara once, it was great fun an got beter gear simultaneously.i didnt say it wasnt fun, but the endless honour grinding is not fun x]. But i do love raids.

Youheard
25-04-2008, 10:18 PM
lol , im dumb?
I WANT NEW GEARZ KKZ is what i put.
if you cant work that out , it means :

i want new gear kk
sortd?

Was that the bit I put in bold in my quoted post? No, no it wasn't. Seriously just stop posting you're only making a bigger idiot of yourself.

Glad you understand Wig, healing is far more fun than dps aswell imo. Resto shammys are in high demand on most servers and in most guilds aswell if you can obtain the gear.

Wig44.
25-04-2008, 10:20 PM
i didnt say it wasnt fun, but the endless honour grinding is not fun x]. But i do love raids.

AV isn't bad. It's fun when you stand at the bridge of doom and chain heal again and again, or at drek or galv.

EDIT: @youheard: Yeah I think healing is more fun than dps because as dps there is not so much... to do if you get me. As a healer if the tank suddenly drops to 23% and lower fast you have to react quickly. DPS just focus on (usually) the same or a similar dps rotation and not gaining too much threat.

Nemo
25-04-2008, 10:22 PM
AV isn't bad. It's fun when you stand at the bridge of doom and chain heal again and again, or at drek or galv.
Except when you get zerged and just die, although thats pretty fun aswell i guess, but when u keep doin it, it can get a bit... old.

Youheard
25-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Except when you get zerged and just die, although thats pretty fun aswell i guess, but when u keep doin it, it can get a bit... old.

He wears mail and has a shield you're just a squishy tree xD

Robzor
25-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Was that the bit I put in bold in my quoted post? No, no it wasn't. Seriously just stop posting you're only making a bigger idiot of yourself.

cool , ive earned 'idiot' status.
game over.

Wig44.
25-04-2008, 10:25 PM
game over.

Tomorrow is another day ;)

And yeah nemo, I get mail and shield - Although I currently have a lot of cloth that will be mail soon :P

Nemo
25-04-2008, 10:25 PM
He wears mail and has a shield you're just a squishy tree xDtrees are way cool though =]

Youheard
25-04-2008, 10:27 PM
game over.

Realised that you're the only one trying to carry on the petty arguement yet?

trees are way cool though =]

Not as cool as a dancin' moonkin, nothing is THAT cool.

Wig44.
25-04-2008, 10:27 PM
trees are way cool though =]

Fugly tbh...

Nemo
25-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Realised that you're the only one trying to carry on the petty arguement yet?

Not as cool as a dancin' moonkin, nothing is THAT cool.true.

Fugly tbh...Eat your words and get on WoW

Wig44.
27-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Finished kara last night. We tried spite but most guessed we would die so there wasn't a 100% effort put in it either.

Curator:
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2089/screenshot042608205452iv8.th.jpg (http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot042608205452iv8.jpg)

Shade of Aran: http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4664/screenshot042608214605ki4.th.jpg (http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot042608214605ki4.jpg)

Didn't screenie the games room bit, but we did it and my new shield dropped in that chest you can open after beating the chess game thing.

Prince Malchezaar:
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8905/screenshot042608223523op4.th.jpg (http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot042608223523op4.jpg)

I got Triptych Shield of the Ancients. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28754

I know most here have done before but I haven't so it is an achievement for me. :P

Bailey
27-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Finished kara last night. We tried spite but most guessed we would die so there wasn't a 100% effort put in it either.

Curator:
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2089/screenshot042608205452iv8.th.jpg (http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot042608205452iv8.jpg)

Shade of Aran: http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4664/screenshot042608214605ki4.th.jpg (http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot042608214605ki4.jpg)

Didn't screenie the games room bit, but we did it and my new shield dropped in that chest you can open after beating the chess game thing.

Prince Malchezaar:
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8905/screenshot042608223523op4.th.jpg (http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot042608223523op4.jpg)

I know most here have done before but I haven't so it is an achievement for me. :P

gz will

Danzilla
27-04-2008, 10:07 AM

Curator:

Prince Malchezaar:

Nice. ;]
I love your UI its hawt. ;P

Wig44.
27-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Nice. ;]
I love your UI its hawt. ;P

;P
No omen because every 2 seconds it put a massive lua error frame in middle of screen. And did you join TPA? I never knew :P

Danzilla
27-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Lol Omen is fin for me. ;P
Yea i did but i might leave as im totaly ignored 24/7. ;P
Also i joined a kara run, 1 hour later he said we aint' going now. >.>

Nemo
27-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Lol Omen is fin for me. ;P
Yea i did but i might leave as im totaly ignored 24/7. ;P
Also i joined a kara run, 1 hour later he said we aint' going now. >.>
if you go with an officer, you are 99% guranteed to go, thats the first time ive been in one thats cancelled

Danzilla
27-04-2008, 02:05 PM
if you go with an officer, you are 99% guranteed to go, thats the first time ive been in one thats cancelled

Yea but it annoys me that everyone ignores me. ;P
I mean i ask somthing i get no reply then someone else would ask somthing and the hole guild replys. XD
Also what if im in that tiny 1%? ;]
You may say that i never will be in the 1% chance of not going but my mum was on the pill when she had me and the pill gives you a 99% chance of not having a baby so yeh, it might happen. ;P

Charly
27-04-2008, 03:00 PM
I mean i ask somthing i get no reply then someone else would ask somthing and the hole guild replys. XD
You may say that i never will be in the 1% chance of not going but my mum was on the pill when she had me and the pill gives you a 99% chance of not having a baby so yeh, it might happen. ;P

roflmao. Join Reqieum!

Requiem > TPA.

Wig44.
27-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Doesn't that last bit upset you at all? When one of my friends who I don't see anymore found out he was a test tube baby, he was pretty upset.

Danzilla
27-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Doesn't that last bit upset you at all? When one of my friends who I don't see anymore found out he was a test tube baby, he was pretty upset.

Not really. Im quite happy i was in that 1% and my mum wanted to keep me.
You could say that im quite special to be in that 1%. :]
I gueuss it depends on the way you look at it really and this totaly offtopic. ;P

Nemo
27-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Not really. Im quite happy i was in that 1% and my mum wanted to keep me.
You could say that im quite special to be in that 1%. :]
I gueuss it depends on the way you look at it really and this totaly offtopic. ;PYou waz super sperm? =o

And, it happens i guess. Thats what i dislike about TPA

Elkaa
27-04-2008, 11:04 PM
I have 2700 bonus healing, 1500 regen and 13,650 mana fully buffed in sunwell and am in the 25th ranked guild in the world, does that mean that I own you both?

Stop the petty argueing - Just because you raid higher than he has, doesn't mean that getting an item isn't good. It's like comparing T4 to T6, whichever you get, so long as it's an upgrade, you're happy with. To be able to raid higher, you need alot more spare time. I find 25 man's fun, but to be able to raid at the level that I currently am is taking (on progress weeks) 7 days a week, 6 hours a night just to down one encounter and fully learn it (hi Twins!). That's time that some people don't have.

There's no point argueing over items - You can have fun playing the game naked for heavens sake.

Wig44.
28-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I have 2700 bonus healing, 1500 regen and 13,650 mana fully buffed in sunwell and am in the 25th ranked guild in the world, does that mean that I own you both?

Stop the petty argueing - Just because you raid higher than he has, doesn't mean that getting an item isn't good. It's like comparing T4 to T6, whichever you get, so long as it's an upgrade, you're happy with. To be able to raid higher, you need alot more spare time. I find 25 man's fun, but to be able to raid at the level that I currently am is taking (on progress weeks) 7 days a week, 6 hours a night just to down one encounter and fully learn it (hi Twins!). That's time that some people don't have.

There's no point argueing over items - You can have fun playing the game naked for heavens sake.

I wasn't arguing over stuff, I just wanted to share my first kara run. And ... 25th in the world? 1500 regen?! holy ****

Youheard
28-04-2008, 10:21 AM

Was nothing to do with his gear, I said that in several of my posts.

Elkaa
28-04-2008, 02:46 PM
I wasn't arguing over stuff, I just wanted to share my first kara run. And ... 25th in the world? 1500 regen?! holy ****

Was nothing to do with his gear, I said that in several of my posts.

Seemed like it to me -shrug-

Axel
28-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Nice showing off there Elkaa..

Nemo
28-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Seemed like it to me -shrug-in answer to your question, yes you own us both ;)

Youheard
28-04-2008, 04:52 PM
The forum manager trying to reignite an arguement ftw!

Wig44.
28-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Seemed like it to me -shrug-

Nope youheard never said anything about my gear. Just a small scuffle with nemo which was quickly resolved ;)

Niko Bellic
29-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Well done on the drops. ;)

Wig44.
29-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Well done on the drops. ;)

Nemo
29-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Nope youheard never said anything about my gear. Just a small scuffle with nemo which was quickly resolved ;)
scuffle, nice word

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!