PDA

View Full Version : Child Abuse Poem

Ellis.
17-06-2005, 02:22 AM
I got this poem in my inbox today. It's kinda sad :(

My name is Jamie I am but three, My eyes are swollen I cannot see, I must be stupid I must be bad, What else could have made My daddy so mad? I wish I were better I wish I weren't ugly, Then maybe my mommy Would still want to hug me. I can't speak at all I can't do a wrong Or else I'm
locked up All the day long. When I awake I'm all alone The house is dark My folks aren't home. When my mommy does come I'll try and be nice, So maybe I'll get just One whipping tonight. Don't make a sound! I just heard a car My daddy is back From Charlie's Bar. I hear him curse My name he calls I press myself Against the wall. I try and hide From his evil eyes I'm so afraid nowI'm starting to cry.He finds me weeping He shouts ugly words, He says its my fault That he suffers at work. He slaps me and hits me And yells at me more, I finally get free And I run for the door. He's already locked it And I start to bawl, He takes me and throws me Against the hard wall. I fall to the floor With my bones nearly broken,And my day continues With more bad words spoken... "I'm sorry!", I scream But its now much too late His face has been twisted Into unimaginable hate. The hurt and the pain Again and again Oh please God, have mercy! Oh please let it end! And he finally stops And heads for the door, While I lay there motionless Sprawled on the floor. My name is Jamie And I am but three, Tonight my daddy Murdered me.

Urges
17-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Taurus,

I really actually dont think thats suitable, it is digusting and brough tears to my eyes. My friend suffered 'Unimaginable' child abuse and it sickened me. I am going to request it be removed.

Sorry but it's just not right.

Regards,

Urges

-=rooty987=-
17-06-2005, 02:58 PM
I based a poem kinda on that, well very little of it, just the plane idea, ages ago, it's quite good, but sad, my friend burst into tears in class when she read it...

Janumz
17-06-2005, 03:25 PM
I've seen that before.. and yes, it's a very good poem..
It means quite alot..and sadly stuff like that does happen :'(

Rachi
17-06-2005, 03:39 PM
:'( :'(

I know most people find that like mean as i do but I didnt cry, It just made me think about how hard people r bein treated for nutting..
:'(

Snowboarding
17-06-2005, 09:36 PM
That's a really sad poem. Whoever the author is, is really good. (For writing such an exquisid piece I mean)

Ellis.
17-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Truly sorry, Urges. I did not intend for this poem to offend anyone. I only meant for it to open the eyes of users to what horrible things are around them and to things that happen to children just like us. Remove it if you like.

Jinxxed
17-06-2005, 09:57 PM
:'(
That made me cry...

Angster
18-06-2005, 05:33 AM
Taurus,

I really actually dont think thats suitable, it is digusting and brough tears to my eyes. My friend suffered 'Unimaginable' child abuse and it sickened me. I am going to request it be removed.

Sorry but it's just not right.

Regards,

Urges
Just because it's sad, it needs to be removed? We don't need to be blocked from this. It opens peoples' eyes to reality. Sure, it has a horrible ending, but that's how the author intended it to be. You need a huge impact for people to realize something that's truly horrible.

Anyways, this poem didn't make me cry, but the ending truly shocked me. I wasn't expecting it. I guess it makes me realize how great I really have it.. The fact that it's from the child's perspective makes an even bigger impact. That's an honestly a well-written poem..

Bef
20-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Its so well written. We all have to realise this is going on around us every day. Maybe not to this extent but still. I no a few people who were abused badly as children and some still are. It shouldnt be removed.

Rachi
20-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Its so well written. We all have to realise this is going on around us every day. Maybe not to this extent but still. I no a few people who were abused badly as children and some still are. It shouldnt be removed.

It rhymes!!

Pulchritudinous
20-06-2005, 06:14 PM
I think it's a very good poem, it's more moving than a couple of statistics or facts on a page, and the child's perspective definately made me more sympathetic, that's a great poem.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!