PDA

View Full Version : Romance - Is it dead? [Closes 22/9/08]

Nick-
25-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Ricky 'Kaiser Chief's' Wilson once wrote while pondering the likes of a girl called Ruby: "Let it never be said, that romance is dead".
In today's sexually driven society is there room for romance? Is romance still alive and well? Has romance been dragged through the proverbial mud by the likes of the media and Hollywood? Has the art of seduction been reduced to only one sole goal?

What are your thoughts?

Happy Debating! :8

Please note that absolutely no explicit sexual content should be posted.

Xarea
22-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Does no-one join in these debates?

SHOPLIFTER
22-08-2008, 10:54 PM
doesn't look like it, and rightly so, what a stupid thing to debate.

Leetzgirl
22-08-2008, 10:55 PM
What is romance?

Fez
22-08-2008, 10:57 PM
So called 'Teenage Romance' could be the cause of it, with the youth of today trying to act like they are tommorow's lovers and fairytale makers, but their impatience and the pressures of today limit it to a simple weekly gesture of 'wil u go out wid me'. Romance is dead, the fairy tale love filled heart hearty stories that are told by film haven't killed, but tried to save it.

Tommorow's kids are todays lusters

Xarea
22-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Dude, who wants romance. We just want fun loving flings.

Abbie.
22-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Dude, who wants romance. We just want fun loving flings.

Typical example of romance being dead right there LOL

yes it is dead. My ex was so bloodly unromantic it was like :l. He would just be like 'comee here' expecting something; but i'd be like 'what do you wantt.' LOL. example of why hes my ex..

saying that you could argue it isnt dead, valentines day etc. Its just down to the couple really, some like all that romantic stuff, some dont

FlyingJesus
22-08-2008, 11:39 PM
It's obviously not dead or people wouldn't complain about it being so - the fact that people do indicates that some people are still "romantic" enough to wish for it, even if they don't get it.

Hiro
23-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Romance is not dead. You still see people doing extreme things in the name of love, which could be considered as romance. Surely, taking your partner out for a meal is still classed as romance, however cliché it may be?
A gift every now and the, etc. Valentines Day? Romance will always be a survivor in this world, even if we are at war with ourselves.

Ramones
25-08-2008, 11:28 PM
doesn't look like it, and rightly so, what a stupid thing to debate.

Amen! :eusa_clap

RedStratocas
26-08-2008, 01:14 AM
society has always been sexually driven in one way or another, but now it's more direct. and romance can't be dead. its not disco. you can choose to be romantic, its not like its disallowed. you can be romantic, as i and other people are.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!