PDA

View Full Version : Get your money out lads, GTA IV is here!

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Unlucky to those who preorderd, looks like I'm getting my copy tomorrowwwwwwwwww!
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/04/27ywepc.jpg

bo$$
26-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Wasn't this already posted and everyone said it was faked?

Robby
26-04-2008, 09:30 PM
thats fake :)

Edit: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=479296

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Your point being? It'll still work in Gamestation where the only workers are greasy haired teens with acne.

Ashley 12344
Wasn't this already posted and everyone said it was faked?

Yes and yes.
That and several other forum members have GTA.

:G.M.T:
Lol put your money away the letter is fake.

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Lol put your money away the letter is fake.
lol put your post away, read my other post.

myke
26-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Looks fake to me because it would be 'have' not 'has' ;)

Edit: ooo, I understand.

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 09:36 PM
I might use this one, the worker wont read it because it's so long.
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.xbox360fanboy.com/media/2008/04/fakerockstarletter122.jpg

Ashley 12344
Because your more likely to get an 'Attention all retailers' letter sent to yourself, opposed to a retailer?

lol put your post away, read my other post.

Nah lol.

You won't be able to buy it with that letter the people in the shop will have a look at the letter then refer it to their manager and then the manager refuse sale.

Once again put your money away ;)

GommeInc
26-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Looks fake to me because it would be 'have' not 'has' ;)
What sentence? Seems good grammar/spelling wise...

Ashley 12344
26-04-2008, 09:38 PM

It isn't...
For a professional the use of English is awful..

bo$$
26-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Because your more likely to get an 'Attention all retailers' letter sent to yourself, opposed to a retailer?

lol ^

Good luck with using the letter.

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Nah lol.

You won't be able to buy it with that letter the people in the shop will have a look at the letter then refer it to their manager and then the manager refuse sale.

Once again put your money away ;)
The Gamestation manager where I live is a fat guy who just eats every time I see him, he also has greasy hair, a nose stud and wears black boots. I think I'll keep my money OUT. ;)

Ashley 12344
26-04-2008, 09:40 PM
The Gamestation manager where I live is a fat guy who just eats every time I see him, he also has greasy hair, a nose stud and wears black boots. I think I'll keep my money OUT. ;)

Doesn't mean hes stupid lol.

26-04-2008, 09:41 PM

Fair enough i'll just wish you good luck because he wouldn't have the title 'Store Manager' for being a thick *text removed*

Edited by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't avoid the forum filter.

GhostFace-
26-04-2008, 09:41 PM
good luck trying

GommeInc
26-04-2008, 09:42 PM
It isn't...
For a professional the use of English is awful..
Not all companies do good grammar or spelling, I have had e-mails and letters from companies like Britvic which don't have 'professional' writing, whatever that is...

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Doesn't mean hes stupid lol.
End of the day, if it works it works, if it doesn't... it's only Tuesday. :)

Fair enough i'll just wish you good luck because he wouldn't have the title 'Store Manager' for being a thick *text removed*
Yeah lol, see above. However about the other bit, they're wayyyyyyy short of staff... I think they have three lol. So who knows, I'll just have to wait. Hey it wont be me looking like a **** if it doesn't work... then again it wont be me looking like a God if it does. >.<!

Ashley 12344
26-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Not all companies do good grammar or spelling, I have had e-mails and letters from companies like Britvic which don't have 'professional' writing, whatever that is...

It looks like it was written by someone with a D in GCSE English...

A professional is anybody in a profession.

Armal
Wow i got mine this mornin

Yeah lol, see above. However about the other bit, they're wayyyyyyy short of staff... I think they have three lol. So who knows, I'll just have to wait. Hey it wont be me looking like a **** if it doesn't work... then again it wont be me looking like a God if it does. >.<!
Fair play to you for trying. If mine wasn't on pre-order I might of considered doing this myself lol. But like you say its only 2 days you have to wait now so what have you got to lose.

Once again good luck :)

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 09:50 PM
'Hey umm, I just saw GAME selling GTA IV for £50 in Manchester, unfortanlty I didn't have my wallet and had to drive home, on my way back from the Manchester City match yesterday. I was just wondering, are you selling it here now? Or will I have to give my money to GAME, I really don't like the attitude of their staff so I tend to shop here in Gamestation, I find the people are kinder. So any way, are you selling it or do I have to give my money to GAME, I just want the game like 7 other people on my Xbox Live freinds list'.

I'm considering my tactics... LUL.

Ashley 12344
26-04-2008, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't do it either, just for the risk of humiliation. Much easier to walk in with my mate whos collecting his 4 day early pre-order and ask for a copy for myself ;)

My mate was thinking about trying what you said above, I'd recommend it over that letter.

GommeInc
26-04-2008, 09:51 PM

Doesn't mean they'll have A* quality writing with parts written in latin informing you in huge, descriptive words describing the release...

Jordy
26-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Large retailers like GAME and Gamestation would ignore it, they get told to do everything from Head Office so it's not up to the managers. GTA IV will be one of their biggest releases ever and there's been such a build up, they have party's planned at midnight etc, they won't fall for a silly letter.

Ashley 12344
26-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Doesn't mean they'll have A* quality writing with parts written in latin informing you in huge, descriptive words describing the release...

But someone who can't grasp past/current/future tense in writing a formal letter isn't really employed to do so.

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm thinking of going to Pendle Games... they're a small chain... -thinks-

Armal
26-04-2008, 09:56 PM

More chance. I got mine from a small local shop

Ashley 12344
26-04-2008, 09:56 PM

I got it from either Playtime I think it was. I'd completly forgot the name before.

Try it over the major retailers.

GommeInc
26-04-2008, 09:57 PM
But someone who can't grasp past/current/future tense in writing a formal letter isn't really employed to do so.
Hmmm, true, but people do make grammar mistakes like this in companies and businesses all the time and most people ignore it because there isn't a reason to really complain other than for the sake of it. Where was this has/have word which was supposedly bad grammar anyway? I can't see it :P

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 09:58 PM
I got it from either Playtime I think it was. I'd completly forgot the name before.

Try it over the major retailers.
Got a link to their site? I'm wondering if they have a store in the Burnley/Halifax/Rochdale/BlackBurn/Stockport/Manchester area...

Ashley 12344
26-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Hmm, Huddersfield isn't too far from Halifax if that helps :P

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Hmm, Huddersfield isn't too far from Halifax if that helps :P
Draw me up a map and scan it onto your PC, I remember playing Huddersfield Sharks last season... it's about 30 minutes away. :D

Neil
26-04-2008, 10:05 PM

I got an E in GCSE English (yes I was lazy, it's not a good thing) and I use almost correct grammar and spelling xD
I don't use full-stops as I don't really see a need too lol

The very first sentance, I doubt a mistake like that would be made

- Bluemoon, it wont work, obviously these guys are smart as they work in a retail outlet, it may not be the best job in the world but it still requires some level of intelligence xD

They'll just say you wrote it yourself, it's addressed to retail outlets, so they'll just wonder why you have it and say that they haven't been sent it so it must be fake

Ashley 12344
26-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Map from where? If you can tell me a place in Huddersfield town centre you know of I can direct you.

GommeInc
26-04-2008, 10:07 PM
The very first sentance, I doubt a mistake like that would be made
Do you mean:

"As you may have heard, Grand Theft Auto IV has been leaked onto the internet yesterday."

That's correct by the looks of it because the below makes no sense:

"As you may have heard, Grand Theft Auto IV have been leaked onto the internet yesterday."

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Map from where? If you can tell me a place in Huddersfield town centre you know of I can direct you.
Shall we say... the rugby ground? :)

Moh
26-04-2008, 10:17 PM
All the tills are linked around the stores, and to access the till they need to identify them self's. I don't think any of the staff would risk a warning by selling a copy early. The manager will know who made the sale before release.

Well, I guess they can only do anything if there's a written contract saying they wont sell before 29th.

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm wondering... I've just had a REALLY good idea given to me... from the the random source of... my mum! o.O
I wont go in tomorrow and sacrifice looking like a idiot/having my account banned on live for BUYING the game. I will take the day off on Tuesday (work exp, I'm like out of 150 people and only about... 60 are even doing work experiance) go to Gamestation at 8:30 with my mum (It's her day off, how LUCKY) get there at 9 when it opens, run in, grab a copy, hand it to my mum, get her to pay, run home, have sex wee over the game, play it. Sorteddddddddddd. I might just do that...

Discharge Man
26-04-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm wondering... I've just had a REALLY good idea given to me... from the the random source of... my mum! o.O
I wont go in tomorrow and sacrifice looking like a idiot/having my account banned on live for BUYING the game. I will take the day off on Tuesday (work exp, I'm like out of 150 people and only about... 60 are even doing work experiance) go to Gamestation at 8:30 with my mum (It's her day off, how LUCKY) get there at 9 when it opens, run in, grab a copy, hand it to my mum, get her to pay, run home, have sex wee over the game, play it. Sorteddddddddddd. I might just do that...

I'm getting my sister or someone to grab me a copy but I won't play it until wednesday.

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm getting my sister or someone to grab me a copy but I won't play it until wednesday.
Make that two sir. I will so come over to Doncaster and buy it off you... it can't be too far away, City played 'em in a pre season friendly.

-sigh-
-is just dreaming of unrealistic ways on how to get it before Tuesday-
:(

jordang16
26-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Best get there early cos gamestation round me is opening at 7am just to sell gta and other games shops near me are opening midnight so good luck getting it at 9 if it isnt sold out by then

Neil
26-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Do you mean:

"As you may have heard, Grand Theft Auto IV has been leaked onto the internet yesterday."

"As you may have heard, Grand Theft Auto IV have been leaked onto the internet yesterday."

The correct one would be

"As you may have heard, Grand Theft Auto IV was leaked onto the internet yesterday."

xD

I do hope you've pre-ordered it then?

BlueMoon
26-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Don't need to. Burnley is a small town, swamped with Game shops. Don't have it left in Gamesation? Why I'll walk over to Game. Don't have it in Game? Why I'll walk over to Pendle Games. It's opening at 9 because the town is quite small. Plus I can bet most people will be at work, everyone who is sad (No offence to those getting up at 12 or 5am) are going to Manchester. The don't do early openings in Burnley. :)

Javascrypt
26-04-2008, 10:36 PM
It Sure Would Fool Those Geeks! XD Nicely Said Bluemoon! +rep :)

Adam$
26-04-2008, 11:24 PM
worth a try, you might look a twaat if they refuse it though. :P

Ashley 12344
26-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Do you mean:

Nope.
As you may of heard, Grand Theft Auto IV was leaked onto the internet yesterday
or
As you may of heard, yesterday GTA IV was leaked onto the internet.

Alan_Carr
27-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Im just gna wait for the day it comes out enit, i can control myself, good luck though m atty

Discharge Man
27-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Im just gna wait for the day it comes out enit, i can control myself, good luck though m atty
It's like a big drug deal.

mangle
27-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Mines coming on Monday apprently so I'm all good. And I get 500 MS points ;)

BlueMoon
27-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm just gona ring up GS at 12ish and make up some ******** about mates buying it in GAME to make them panick sell or summin.

mangle
27-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Good luck with that, lets just hope they don't ring up Game ;]

Moh
27-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Is there a contract the retailers have to sign saying they wont sell before the 29th?

BlueMoon
27-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Is there a contract the retailers have to sign saying they wont sell before the 29th?
Some shops do, some don't. I've just got some sweet news, my mate has just got it from Gamestation so... I wonder if that person will be on shift at 12. :rolleyes:

Jericho
27-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Grah, good luck, the letter has been proven fake.

I think its fair to leave it on that eh? haha.

Moh
27-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Some shops do, some don't. I've just got some sweet news, my mate has just got it from Gamestation so... I wonder if that person will be on shift at 12. :rolleyes:
So if the shop hasn't signed a contract, they can sell when ever the like.

It would be hard for them to sell it, avoiding stock control. Then theres CCTV.

The only person who will be able to sell it to you is the Manager of the shop.

dirrty
27-04-2008, 10:30 AM
god gta is a good game n all, and i cant wait to play it, but going to that extreme to buy the game like 1/2 days before its out is rather sad imo.

GommeInc
27-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Both seem good enough for me lolm so I'll leave it at that :P

So I'm guessing you're trying to get the game early? Can't you wait a few days? If you wait you might like it more and get more excited, which is great :D

Jericho
27-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Its litterally tomorrow night, surely you can wait :p

Ashley 12344
27-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Just as well waiting anyway now lol.

BlueMoon
27-04-2008, 12:14 PM
KAPOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :D:D:D:D:D:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc :eusa_danc
So close, I went into Gamestation the dude behind the dsk was cool with it, started getting the disc out placed it in the box almost put in the bag THEN the fat fellow worker of his said 'Oh sorry mate, we can't sell that till Tuesday'. The guy who was going to sell it had a face like 'Sorry mate, I wanted to but he saw me' and I was just like... stood at the release bit looking at all of these games when I saw my dad walking back. I got merked. Pre ordered it though while I was there.

Arfs
27-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Just noticed you can view people GTA achievements now, how long has it been like this for?

Neil
27-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Just noticed you can view people GTA achievements now, how long has it been like this for?

You've always been able to view them through the xbox itself but on xbox.com they've only been up for a few hours I guess

Technologic
27-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Gah, hopefully my pre-order arrives tomorrow

Arfs
27-04-2008, 02:04 PM
You've always been able to view them through the xbox itself but on xbox.com they've only been up for a few hours I guess
I havn't been on my xbox to check :( Something in my power supply blew up and replacement should come tomorrow.

Adam!
27-04-2008, 02:15 PM
I've had it for errrr 4 days?

Internet is kwlkwl.

It's not that good of a game though, graphics aint bad though!

Alan_Carr
27-04-2008, 03:35 PM
KAPOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :D:D:D:D:D:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc :eusa_danc
So close, I went into Gamestation the dude behind the dsk was cool with it, started getting the disc out placed it in the box almost put in the bag THEN the fat fellow worker of his said 'Oh sorry mate, we can't sell that till Tuesday'. The guy who was going to sell it had a face like 'Sorry mate, I wanted to but he saw me' and I was just like... stood at the release bit looking at all of these games when I saw my dad walking back. I got merked. Pre ordered it though while I was there.

Unlucky mate, you gave it ya best shot lmao.

Robbie
27-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Checking my stats says I've done 45missions and 29.30% done so far ;)

Ashley 12344
27-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Checking my stats says I've done 45missions and 29.30% done so far ;)

I'm around the same.
Half slowed down though. Realised I'd hit 15% in like a day and thought I don't want to finish it so quick.

Recursion
27-04-2008, 04:00 PM
The longer I wait for it the more ill enjoy it when it arrives, but it will come either tomorrow or tuesday, just a shame they had to bloody move the post forward an hour or two for no reason, I used to get the post before I went to school but now I have to wait all day. It's going to be fricken murder waiting tomorrow at school to get home :(

Discharge Man
27-04-2008, 04:04 PM
I'll probably be spending most of Wednesday on it as I finish school at half ten - depends though because I can't get it either Monday or Tuesday.

Coheed&Cambria
27-04-2008, 04:04 PM
God, everyone thinks there copy will arrive on monday, but it won't...

Recursion
27-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Usually all games dispatched on Friday/Saturday for me turn up on Monday, so theres a 50/50 chance it will.

Technologic
27-04-2008, 04:23 PM
My order form game was dispatched before 12 yesterday so there is a good chance i'm getting it tomorrow !

Neil
27-04-2008, 04:50 PM
God, everyone thinks there copy will arrive on monday, but it won't...

When GAME send things, it arrives the next day, mine was sent Saturday before 2PM - This is when Royal Mail collect, that means the order will be delievered the next time Royal mail deliever, which is a monday, so any orders done before 2PM on saturday that go through royal mail will be done on monday :rolleyes:

Robby
27-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Mine was dispatched on thursday so theres a high chance of it arriving tomorrow :)

And Im only in school for the morning so works out quite good :P

Niko Bellic
27-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Ashley how do you shoot a gun while you're driving a car?

mangle
27-04-2008, 05:51 PM
When GAME send things, it arrives the next day, mine was sent Saturday before 2PM - This is when Royal Mail collect, that means the order will be delievered the next time Royal mail deliever, which is a monday, so any orders done before 2PM on saturday that go through royal mail will be done on monday :rolleyes:

Neil, you owned him.

Alan_Carr
27-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Ill just wait till Tuesday, wont be sold out EVERYWHERE

Tim.
27-04-2008, 08:07 PM
I might use this one, the worker wont read it because it's so long.
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.xbox360fanboy.com/media/2008/04/fakerockstarletter122.jpg

I think your being really unrealistic about this, workers in game station wont release it until head office has confirmed it. And clearly they will read that message, because its from one of the most popular games companies? And your grammar is no way near the standards of what is expected from a leading game production companies.

BlueMoon
27-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I think your being really unrealistic about this, workers in game station wont release it until head office has confirmed it. And clearly they will read that message, because its from one of the most popular games companies? And your grammar is no way near the standards of what is expected from a leading game production companies.
It isn't mine, read the whole thread.

Coheed&Cambria
27-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Neil, you owned him.

Mine was dispatched on thursday so theres a high chance of it arriving tomorrow :)

And Im only in school for the morning so works out quite good :P

My order form game was dispatched before 12 yesterday so there is a good chance i'm getting it tomorrow !

Usually all games dispatched on Friday/Saturday for me turn up on Monday, so theres a 50/50 chance it will.

It makes me laugh that you all think your gonna get it on the Monday, Either becouse you belive that its next day delivery, which it isn't, or you think coz' it was dispatched on Thursday, it might just make it on monday. But it won't, and the sooner you get it into your heads, the better:$:rolleyes:

Neil
27-04-2008, 09:25 PM
It makes me laugh that you all think your gonna get it on the Monday, Either becouse you belive that its next day delivery, which it isn't, or you think coz' it was dispatched on Thursday, it might just make it on monday. But it won't, and the sooner you get it into your heads, the better:$:rolleyes:

It is next day delievery, when games come out on fridays they dispatch on the wednesday and it comes on the thursday, trust me, it'll be here on monday, then I'll be able to rub it in your face that you're wrong, you're obviously just jealous because you probably didn't pre-order soon enough or something

Adam$
27-04-2008, 09:28 PM
if dispatched on Saturday before a certain time of day with next day delivery, it will arrive on Monday (the next working day)

the hint is 'next day'

Neil
27-04-2008, 09:31 PM
if dispatched on Saturday before a certain time of day with next day delivery, it will arrive on Monday (the next working day)

the hint is 'next day'

You don't even need next day delievery xD free delievery delievers the same with pre-orders, it only changes when you order a game that's already out

27-04-2008, 09:35 PM
It is next day delievery, when games come out on fridays they dispatch on the wednesday and it comes on the thursday, trust me, it'll be here on monday, then I'll be able to rub it in your face that you're wrong, you're obviously just jealous because you probably didn't pre-order soon enough or something

Don't want to start something here just going to point out that my pre-order of GTA was dispatched last wednesday and im still awaiting its arrival :(

Neil
27-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Don't want to start something here just going to point out that my pre-order of GTA was dispatched last wednesday and im still awaiting its arrival :(

Yea they hold it until it's a good time to send it so it comes in time, saturday royal mail collected the orders and monday they will deliever them

GommeInc
27-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Shall we all take the neutral stand point and say there is an increased posibility that it'll be delivered tomorrow rather than say it will be delivered, just so you don't make yourselves look silly if it doesn't :)

Fez
27-04-2008, 09:38 PM
I'd say a 60% chance of delivery tomorrow

Discharge Man
27-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I'd say a 60% of delivery tomorrow
I'm going to disagree and say at least 61%

27-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Yea they hold it until it's a good time to send it so it comes in time, saturday royal mail collected the orders and monday they will deliever them

I sure hope thats right, then by this time tomorrow night we'll all be playing the game :D

Swearwolf
27-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Not all, im still trying to get money for a 360 LOL

Discharge Man
27-04-2008, 10:04 PM
I sure hope thats right, then by this time tomorrow night we'll all be playing the game :D
I can guarantee you that we all won't.

BlueMoon
27-04-2008, 10:59 PM
I can guarantee you that we all won't.
Yeah! :(

Pawf
28-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Large retailers like GAME and Gamestation would ignore it, they get told to do everything from Head Office so it's not up to the managers. GTA IV will be one of their biggest releases ever and there's been such a build up, they have party's planned at midnight etc, they won't fall for a silly letter.

I work in a Zavvi store, and we've been told to keep checking all around for if it goes on sale early. If you sell it early then the company gets a hefty fine, but if you see another shop selling it in the same city as you, you can sell it and avoid the fine. Otherwise it is unfair competition.

Ashley 12344
28-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I work in a Zavvi store, and we've been told to keep checking all around for if it goes on sale early. If you sell it early then the company gets a hefty fine, but if you see another shop selling it in the same city as you, you can sell it and avoid the fine. Otherwise it is unfair competition.

But then you'd both agree to sell it at the same time, with no proof of who sold first?

BlueMoon
28-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I should well run into GAME with a knife, make them sell it. Run over to Gamestation, remove the mask and dump the cape, mask and knife in a bin before I get inside, tell them about GAME and buy GTA. Shame I'd get locked up/look like an idiot seems as GAME is Gamestaion. :(

Panasonic
28-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Isn't that a bit biased going agaisnt females saying they can't play GTA IV :P

Anyway, I would rather wait until its fully out and its selling properly.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!