PDA

View Full Version : Stop Virgin Media, From Destroying The Internet. [Requesting Sticky]

AA0U
27-04-2008, 02:38 AM
I havent played habbo, in god knows how long. but im here to spread the word, please watch this video, and spread the word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERoiWfLmInY

This is not fake, this will happen. but we can change that, if we get everyone to stand against it. Sky is also joining the trend, and i will keep you updated with the description of thise video.

Thanks, you can do somthing, Habbo Community, put it in your missions, (are they still called that?) But them on room stickers, anything!

if a moderator thinks highly of this, please sticker it, as it is big technolgy news.

Thanks

Snex
27-04-2008, 07:34 AM
I havent played habbo, in god knows how long. but im here to spread the word, please watch this video, and spread the word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERoiWfLmInY

This is not fake, this will happen. but we can change that, if we get everyone to stand against it. Sky is also joining the trend, and i will keep you updated with the description of thise video.

Thanks, you can do somthing, Habbo Community, put it in your missions, (are they still called that?) But them on room stickers, anything!

if a moderator thinks highly of this, please sticker it, as it is big technolgy news.

Thanks
Proof of this happening? Also, if this does actually happen I will be quite amused and the way it seems it is just traffic shaping which many ISP's have done for years now.

MrPinkPanther
27-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Sorry but old news my friend.

Firehorse
27-04-2008, 08:38 AM
This was posted like a couple of weeks ago. Virgin obviously won't manage it.

lScottl
27-04-2008, 09:26 AM
lol irl

Edited by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

N!ck
27-04-2008, 10:03 AM
We've already had a thread on this and established it won't end up happening. Or that if it does it will be in a much less extreme form.

Recursion
27-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi Alex.

You spelt LOADS of words wrong in that and there was an old thread about a week or so ago, I agree completely with N!ck ;)

AA0U
27-04-2008, 02:42 PM
@Nick establishing on your own little community, that it wont happen doesnt stop it. it's like the trying to pretend it wont happen. keep believing that.

@Tawm I dont browse the habbox forums, but i know a lot of people view them, so thats why i posted it. and yes im aware there were grammer craps, but it was like 3am, and i couldnt sleep.

N!ck
27-04-2008, 02:54 PM
They do it > Everyone leaves > they stop it in an effort to bring back customers > not many go back > fail.

Leetzgirl
27-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Rofl

I lol'd real hard

The internet cannot go >_<

Recursion
27-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Did you even read it?

He meant Virgin Media not the entire internet just gets "left by the customers". :rolleyes:

I lol'd real hard at YOU.

Leetzgirl
27-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Did you even read it?

He meant Virgin Media not the entire internet just gets "left by the customers". :rolleyes:

I lol'd real hard at YOU.

Did you watch the video? :rolleyes::eusa_whis

AA0U
27-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Did you watch the video? :rolleyes::eusa_whis

The video stated, the internet AS WE KNOW IT will not be the same again, not the internet will grow legs, and walk off.

But, really if this happend, virgin are currently the cheapest, and fastest ISP in the UK, and if virgin do it, would you really want to change? i highly doubt it. and once virgin get away with it, all other ISPs will follow.

Snex
27-04-2008, 06:16 PM
The video stated, the internet AS WE KNOW IT will not be the same again, not the internet will grow legs, and walk off.

But, really if this happend, virgin are currently the cheapest, and fastest ISP in the UK, and if virgin do it, would you really want to change? i highly doubt it. and once virgin get away with it, all other ISPs will follow.
Virgin Media are not one of the cheapest in the UK at all. Sky + Be are both are alot cheaper and BeThere is the fastest in the UK providing speeds upto 24mb as long as you live on your local BT exchange.

Also, why would other ISP's follow off Virgin? "Look Virgin lost loads of customers on a good idea, let's copy." I don't think so.

Carello
27-04-2008, 06:18 PM
This is a load of b/s.

Spelling in that video is terrible, was it done be a 5 year old?

AA0U
27-04-2008, 11:26 PM
This is a load of b/s.

Spelling in that video is terrible, was it done be a 5 year old?

it was done by me, at 5am in the morning. I'm not really bothered about spelling, as long as you understood it, WHICH YOU DID, so ****, unless you have somthing constructive to say.

Virgin Media are not one of the cheapest in the UK at all. Sky + Be are both are alot cheaper and BeThere is the fastest in the UK providing speeds upto 24mb as long as you live on your local BT exchange.

Also, why would other ISP's follow off Virgin? "Look Virgin lost loads of customers on a good idea, let's copy." I don't think so.
They havent lost anoy customers, i highly doubt if this went through you would actually be bothered to change ISP. most people would sit there, beliveing it isnt going to happen.

Snex
28-04-2008, 04:37 PM
it was done by me, at 5am in the morning. I'm not really bothered about spelling, as long as you understood it, WHICH YOU DID, so ****, unless you have somthing constructive to say.

They havent lost anoy customers, i highly doubt if this went through you would actually be bothered to change ISP. most people would sit there, beliveing it isnt going to happen.
I wouldn't have to change ISP anyway :rolleyes: as I'm not on Virgin Media and I know for a fact that my ISP wont do any stupid system like this as they actually care about there userbase and don't have any stupid traffic shaping or traffic management etc. as they currently pay for increased capacity when needed. (BeThere if wondering)

Agnostic Bear
28-04-2008, 09:55 PM

Actually flocks of people left Virgin Media on hearing this news, it made the dude who said that it's a load of crap take back what he said.

Purposeless
28-04-2008, 11:06 PM

Dode yoo said that you did it at 3am a few posts back so stop pretending you'r not a dum **** and admit that you ca'nt spell...

Yoo actually think you'r really clever at everythin and no everythin but yoo dont

Zenith
29-04-2008, 12:24 AM
The whole idea would never be allowed really. Virgin always want to do things first.

AA0U
01-05-2008, 09:53 PM
The whole idea would never be allowed really. Virgin always want to do things first.
And virgin are big enough to do so, think of it this way. You own a shop, and you have lots of competion, say one of those shops, bought SHINY LIGHTS, that attracted more customers (and made more money) you would want to follow the trend and make money also, and virgin are the first people to experiment.

Dode yoo said that you did it at 3am a few posts back so stop pretending you'r not a dum **** and admit that you ca'nt spell...

Yoo actually think you'r really clever at everythin and no everythin but yoo dont
You're typing just as badly, and seriously. stop ******* spelling, i really don't care. :eusa_danc

Actually flocks of people left Virgin Media on hearing this news, it made the dude who said that it's a load of crap take back what he said.
Yes, it says that in the description, but it's got ISP's thinking. :/

I wouldn't have to change ISP anyway :rolleyes: as I'm not on Virgin Media and I know for a fact that my ISP wont do any stupid system like this as they actually care about there userbase and don't have any stupid traffic shaping or traffic management etc. as they currently pay for increased capacity when needed. (BeThere if wondering)
You don't KNOW that.

N!ck
01-05-2008, 09:59 PM
And virgin are big enough to do so, think of it this way. You own a shop, and you have lots of competion, say one of those shops, bought SHINY LIGHTS, that attracted more customers (and made more money) you would want to follow the trend and make money also, and virgin are the first people to experiment.

You don't KNOW that.

The other ISPs will see the so called "shiny lights" lost VM customers and will do the opposite as they'll be gaining customers.

BeThere are the most relaxed ISP going. They won't be following anything like this unless they're forced into it.

Movieen
01-05-2008, 10:18 PM

You're typing just as badly, and seriously. stop ******* spelling, i really don't care. :eusa_danc

Yes, it says that in the description, but it's got ISP's thinking. :/

You don't KNOW that.

I bet, you're C+Ping this from a site.
Or Wikipedia LOL.

Seriously, if Virgin loses out, why the hell would other ISP follow?

Recursion
02-05-2008, 06:28 AM
If they all do it we all switch to Internet plans on our mobile phones and hope we get HSPDA sometime soon! :P

AA0U
06-05-2008, 03:28 PM
If they all do it we all switch to Internet plans on our mobile phones and hope we get HSPDA sometime soon! :P
But thats such a hassle. D:

I bet, you're C+Ping this from a site.
Or Wikipedia LOL.

Seriously, if Virgin loses out, why the hell would other ISP follow?
Virgin dont lose out, Virgin make a MASSIVE PROFIT. Read the OP before posting.

The other ISPs will see the so called "shiny lights" lost VM customers and will do the opposite as they'll be gaining customers.

BeThere are the most relaxed ISP going. They won't be following anything like this unless they're forced into it.
No, because the money virgin would make from websites > A few lost customers who would crawl back after all ISP's do it

God, posting to some of you is like doing this. -> :eusa_wall

Joshuae
06-05-2008, 03:33 PM

No, because the money virgin would make from websites > A few lost customers who would crawl back after all ISP's do it

No you just have no idea what you're talking about.
Virgin Media following this through, would lose customers, meaning a deduction in profits.

Why the hell would other ISPs join in and risk it all?

Recursion
06-05-2008, 03:35 PM

No Hassle for me, just plug my phone or mobile hub into a USB port on my PC and hey presto, Mobile internet on my PC :)

Andys
06-05-2008, 03:36 PM
old news -rep

Recursion
06-05-2008, 03:40 PM
That in no way deserved a minus rep. Heck I should jsut -rep you because it was pointless.

Andys
06-05-2008, 03:41 PM
That in no way deserved a minus rep. Heck I should jsut -rep you because it was pointless.
Lighten up, it was a joke... :rolleyes:

Lycan
06-05-2008, 03:43 PM
old news -rep

Pointless Post , not adding to the thread in anyway or form
-Rep

- Let Virgin try it, we know it won't last but it won't hurt for them to **** up

Joshuae
06-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Lighten up, it was a joke... :rolleyes:

Yes, but the fact you said it, and our assumptions were set. :)

Andys
06-05-2008, 03:44 PM
thanks for your -rep.

Joshuae
06-05-2008, 03:44 PM
thanks for your -rep.

Not a problem! :)
Would you like fries with that?

Andys
06-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Not a problem! :)
Would you like fries with that?
Rep returned.

Ramones
06-05-2008, 03:46 PM
yeah i have a feeling the competition commission would have something to say about this.

Joshuae
06-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Rep returned.

Now now, revenge leads hatred, hatred leads to the dark side..

Now, leave this category, every post I see by you, is either hating someone, pointless or you moaning about how your rep was decreased.

Andys
06-05-2008, 03:49 PM

Now, leave this category, every post I see by you, is either hating someone, pointless or you moaning about how your rep was decreased.
Every post you see by me..
You've been here less than a week?...

Joshuae
06-05-2008, 05:42 PM

You have no ability to create the assumption that I have other accounts?

AA0U
09-05-2008, 03:19 PM
No you just have no idea what you're talking about.
Virgin Media following this through, would lose customers, meaning a deduction in profits.

Why the hell would other ISPs join in and risk it all?

Because the amount of money from big companys > pwn the people who care

I'm about to double post, mod if you could join them together. <3

Reptar
09-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Other companies want this to happen. Which is why they would join in.

AA0U
09-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Andys, REMOVED and stop flaming. You are also being completely off topic, read basic forum rules.

Doesnt Hatred Lead To Revenge? and The Darkside Leads too cookies?

yeah i have a feeling the competition commission would have something to say about this.
Virgin are all powerfull, they dont care what people say? D=

Rep returned.
Pointless Post. Spam, Offtopic.

+1

Pointless Post , not adding to the thread in anyway or form
-Rep

- Let Virgin try it, we know it won't last but it won't hurt for them to **** up
I love you, common scence is the best thing ever right?
And if virgin try it, and you were with virgin, would you be bothered to leave?

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum language filter.

Reptar
09-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Virgin would loose alot of people in my opinion. Seeing how some people would think it's just wrong. More people they loose, the less money. They loose too many customers, they can go bankrupt and bye bye Virgin.

AA0U
10-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Please read pages before posting sigh, as many people have just said what you have said, but the ammount of people paying virgin > the small amount of people leaving.

Recursion
10-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Hundres will leave virgin, they already have. ISPs want Virgin to do it so they can get the customers.

xxMATTGxx
10-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I not left Virgin. I don't think we will be doing until Virgin Media sends out letters like they do telling us about the update etc.

Agnostic Bear
10-05-2008, 12:58 PM
I not left Virgin. I don't think we will be doing until Virgin Media sends out letters like they do telling us about the update etc.

Same, the second they say they're shaping traffic I'm transferring to be if I can get it in my area, BT if I can't.

AA0U
12-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Same, the second they say they're shaping traffic I'm transferring to be if I can get it in my area, BT if I can't.
'Dear sir or madam, we have recently deicded we want MORE MONEYZ so, we are going to tell you we're gonna TELL you what YOU want to browse, if you dont like it REMOVED?

read the above. :eusa_danc

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum language filter.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!