PDA

View Full Version : Website craze over?

Firehorse
27-04-2008, 11:47 AM
The craze for owning websites and shoutcasts seems to have toned down a lot now, there's barely any offering free shoutcasts and only about 1/4 looking. Hosting also seems a lot less now apart from the really big companies.

Mabe it's because of people getting tired of being ripped of and not being able to find a reliable host? I've been ripped of from about £60 or more. Some of it was of a "trusted and reliable" person on this forum.

What are your views on this? I didn't know where to post so this seemed the most sensible forum.

NEW-START
27-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Thank god! Now web development can be left to the professionals. ;-)

Lenta
27-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Thank god! Now web development can be left to the professionals. ;-)

Ahah, agree'd.

iUnknown
27-04-2008, 12:30 PM
I think you're wrong. Most web hosts that base advertising on this forum don't survive.. I'm not going to name any though because the people that ran them will overreact. People are building a stereotype around this that all small hosting companies fail within months... this is not true. Just have a good look and ask for testimonials. To be honest.. many thought tech-hosts would fail yet it's still growing and approaching anniversary.

Due to this, users are starting to look for hosting else where, not just on habboxforum.

Firehorse
27-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I think you're wrong. Most web hosts that base advertising on this forum don't survive.. I'm not going to name any though because the people that ran them will overreact. People are building a stereotype around this that all small hosting companies fail within months... this is not true. Just have a good look and ask for testimonials. To be honest.. many thought tech-hosts would fail yet it's still growing and approaching anniversary.

Due to this, users are starting to look for hosting else where, not just on habboxforum.

exactly what i'm talking about. The craze on here is over, it was still nice to see so many people offering free hosting to so many people and give away free shoutcasts. Although they failed it still gave you something to do. You could say it was more fun in a way. And easier to find hosting sites.

Lyrical.Troop
27-04-2008, 12:52 PM
I think the craze is dying down alot yes.

I use to see random Freewebs made websites, and .co.nr's everywhere, because people wanted to have there own 'Successfull fansite'.

I dont think half of them know diddly squat about websties.

L?KE
27-04-2008, 12:55 PM
I remember ages ago when people would go crazy over a layout on here. People starting fansites all over the show.

People know that its a waste of time now xD

Lyrical.Troop
27-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I remember ages ago when people would go crazy over a layout on here. People starting fansites all over the show.

People know that its a waste of time now xD

Or because Habbo is blatenly crap

L?KE
27-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Haha yes that is it maybe..

OR maybe the people who were web developers then have grown up and moved onto bigger, and almost certainly better things, leaving nobody left to do it. Cos half the fansite owners now don't have a clue.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!