PDA

View Full Version : Sooo BEEPED off!

DarrenToogood
28-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Hello,

I have preordered GTA IV from Play.com. Now when Rainbow Six Vegas 2 came out, my freinds preordered from Play.com and got it the day before release. I have preordered GTA , its now Monday and still no game!

It wad dispatched on Friday, so why is it not here :S? Friday, Saturday and today, that is long enough to post a small object.

If it is not here tomorrow, I am claiming my money back. I am soo annoyed, I have had 4 hours of exams, looking forward to playing GTA and its not here, just a good school report.

Have you guys got yours?

Wootzeh
28-04-2008, 02:50 PM
you ordered a game and are now crying because you havn't got it a day early. tough *Removed*

Edited by Professor-Alex (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter

Azul
Play.com are terrible with postage. I pre-ordered mine from GAME and they told me it had been dispatched on Thursday, so I expected it today but it isn't here. A slow 24 hours to come!

The Professor
Considering the release date is tomorrow, it will probably have been intended to arrive tomorrow, so I wouldn't be too annoyed. If it isn't here tomorrow, check back with us ;)

Florx
28-04-2008, 02:52 PM
The post system doesn't deliver on Sundays so theres usually a backlog on Monday. Expect it Tuesday / Wednesday but it's only a game!

Alan_Carr
28-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Calm down, its just a game mate, u'll get it on release newayz, so whats the big deal?
One day wow, calm down

DarrenToogood
28-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Its a game that we have been waiting 2 years for...

mangle
28-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Bit annoyed that they said it'd be here today and it isn't. Nevermind though.

And its 4 years my friend.

Florx
Then that just shows the extensity of your sadness.

Wootzeh
What's your point?
Surely you can wait 1more day, the day it is actually intended to be released on.

Azul
28-04-2008, 03:00 PM
I can see where he's coming from, if he's been waiting all day hoping it has arrived and when he gets home it's not here. That's why it's best not to get your hopes up and expect it on release, because it's a bonus if it comes early.

Discharge Man
28-04-2008, 03:01 PM
It's released tomorrow so you'll get it, tomorrow.

I don't see a problem here?

DarrenToogood
28-04-2008, 03:02 PM
It is a bonus if it comes early, but it seems everyone else gets it early when they preorder from Play.com

If it is not here tomorrow, then I am claiming the money back and telling them to shove their service where the sun don't shine.

Technologic
Mine didn't arrive either so i know how you feel

Ashley 12344
Its not given that its early. Its not intended to, just in ensuring it gets there on time it can arrive early.

Azul
28-04-2008, 03:03 PM
If you'd had asked before hand I could of told you they're terrible with delivery. I ordered 5 DVDs from them last monday nothing special, and they didn't arrive till Saturday!

cocaine
28-04-2008, 03:05 PM
If it is not here tomorrow, then I am claiming the money back and telling them to shove their service where the sun don't shine.

yeah, and so you'll have to wait ages before you can get another one.
nice thinking there :rolleyes:

kerplunkwozere
28-04-2008, 03:06 PM
i wanna see neil swallow his words from yesterday when he doesn't get his today

ha ha ha that will maybe stop him from being so cocky in the future.

:job2
28-04-2008, 03:08 PM
You cant get angry if you don't receive something early :| you have to wait AT LEAST until the release date before you start moaning.

mangle
28-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Although, Game telling me if its sent out before 2 it will be here on monday and mine getting sent at 8.51 and not arriving is a little infuriating.

Fez
28-04-2008, 03:13 PM
April 29th - Christmas

Hiro
28-04-2008, 03:49 PM
So you didn't get it one day before the ACTUAL release date?
Are you have a ******* laugh?
You're gonna have a rant because you haven't got it before the release day?
Get real.

drama
28-04-2008, 04:05 PM
ahah.
funnily enough there ARE over things to do.

DarrenToogood
28-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Apperently Rockstar have asked the stores to make sure no one got it the day before. The only person on my freinds list who has GTA IV is my uncle, cause he got it from work.

Im happy now :)

Neil
28-04-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm not bothered it hasn't come, I'm home tomorrow, one more day isn't a huge wait and I haven't got a problem with it, obviously I'm a bit disapointed that it didn't come today but it's not exactly like it matters, getting it early is a privilege not a right

Andeeh
28-04-2008, 05:15 PM
LOL mine got delievered but it was to big for letter box and dad werent ere so we ave to go and pick it up 2morrow

GommeInc
28-04-2008, 05:32 PM
That's a bit extreme to claim your money back, and I am certain you won't get it when the game is meant to arrive on release date rather than the day before...

You can wait a day unless you're unbelievably impatient.

Just read you ordered from Play.com :P Mine didn;t get dispatched till today, but knowing some orders from Play.com I have made in the past, it might come tomorrow for me because my area is weird.

Carello
28-04-2008, 05:54 PM
LOL mine got delievered but it was to big for letter box and dad werent ere so we ave to go and pick it up 2morrow

you must have the smallest letterbox on earth

Roboevil
28-04-2008, 06:12 PM
you must have the smallest letterbox on earth

I thought that.

I was dissapointed that my game didn't arrive to day, not that I expected it to, but GAME has delivered before the release date before.

I wanna kill some homies!!!

Arfs
28-04-2008, 06:15 PM
ahah.
funnily enough there ARE over things to do.
I was thinking the same.

Apperently Rockstar have asked the stores to make sure no one got it the day before. The only person on my freinds list who has GTA IV is my uncle, cause he got it from work.

Im happy now :)
Where have you been, you've only just found that out. :rolleyes:

Lycan
28-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Play is pretty good when it coms to deliveries - especially when you consider postage is free

If there was a choice to pay an extra £5 for nextday delivery on some items i'd probebly choose it because i'm a touch impatient with online orders which is why i go to ebay

Azul
28-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I agree Play are very good, I buy most of my DVDs and games from them. The delivery is free, so that is why it is slow. Thinking about I shouldn't really complain.

DarrenToogood
28-04-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm just hoping it will be here tomorrow :)

Some people I know are going to Tesco at midnight to buy it... but knowing Tesco they won't have it out till Mid Day! :P

Tristan
28-04-2008, 06:51 PM
LOLLLLL.
It's a day's wait...
End of the world.

Pazza
28-04-2008, 07:16 PM
lol!

Dad went today to blockbuster, they had 1 in stock, wouldnt sell him so he 'reserved' for tomorrow. £39.95 lol. Anyway, getting it on the day means more people to play with =]

kerplunkwozere
28-04-2008, 07:17 PM
i just lol at how cocky you was yesterday and claiming you knew it all, and you were definate that it would come today.

lol gutted.
I'm not bothered it hasn't come, I'm home tomorrow, one more day isn't a huge wait and I haven't got a problem with it, obviously I'm a bit disapointed that it didn't come today but it's not exactly like it matters, getting it early is a privilege not a right

Neil
28-04-2008, 07:26 PM
i just lol at how cocky you was yesterday and claiming you knew it all, and you were definate that it would come today.

lol gutted.

Yes because just about all of us received emails stating the game was dispatched on saturday, that meant the game WOULD arrive on monday, but since they didn't dispatch them like the email said they didn't come, people called and complained and they were told that the games were dispatched today

So you can't "lol at me" because I was right, game just misinformed people :rolleyes:

Moh
28-04-2008, 07:32 PM
At least if it comes tomorrow you will still get to have a go before me :'(

DarrenToogood
28-04-2008, 07:41 PM
I never got an email...

GommeInc
28-04-2008, 08:12 PM
I never got an email...
As in your order has been dispatched? Hmmm, Play may of run out of copies or are stilling going through the list of pre-orders.

DarrenToogood
28-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Clearly not...

'You have no outstanding orders.'

'Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA 4) (PlayStation3) - Posted: 25/04/2008'

When I go to 'Help with order' it says also that it has been posted. Unless the email went into my spam and I deleted it?

Kardan
28-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Clearly not...

'You have no outstanding orders.'

'Price

Status

07/04/2008

Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA 4) (PlayStation3) £39.99
Posted: 25/04/2008'

Unless the email went into my spam and I deleted it?

A day isn't that hard to wait tbh... Think of it as Christmas Eve?

Stitch
28-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Even if it comes tommorow for me i can't play it because my brother bought it and he won't let me play it before him and he won't be home till 9pm and he never plays the ps3 that late at night. So I have to wait till wednesday knowing that GTA is sitting there waiting to be played

Stephen!
28-04-2008, 09:11 PM
You are complaining yet did you not know there is a REASON why play offer FREE delivery. Because it sucks.

kerplunkwozere
28-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Yes because just about all of us received emails stating the game was dispatched on saturday, that meant the game WOULD arrive on monday, but since they didn't dispatch them like the email said they didn't come, people called and complained and they were told that the games were dispatched today

So you can't "lol at me" because I was right, game just misinformed people :rolleyes:
well no, you're not right.. the bottom line is; if you were right, you'd have the game.

Lyrical.Troop
28-04-2008, 09:42 PM
What's your point?
Surely you can wait 1more day, the day it is actually intended to be released on.

It was intended to be releases October 07.

Neil
28-04-2008, 09:43 PM
well no, you're not right.. the bottom line is; if you were right, you'd have the game.

I was right that if it was actually dispatched on saturday, yes, I would have it, but GAME misinformed, meaning it's them that did wrong, I was right about what I said, but since GAME were wrong it didn't actually happen

GommeInc
28-04-2008, 10:55 PM
I was right that if it was actually dispatched on saturday, yes, I would have it, but GAME misinformed, meaning it's them that did wrong, I was right about what I said, but since GAME were wrong it didn't actually happen
Are they wrong? Surely it's whoever is delivering the game, which maybe GAME or a local courier.

Neil
28-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Are they wrong? Surely it's whoever is delivering the game, which maybe GAME or a local courier.

GAME sent emails saying it's been dispatched but they never gave them to royal mail so no one got them today like we were meant too, instead it was dispatched today to come for tomorrow

GommeInc
28-04-2008, 10:58 PM
"We despatch preorders from our warehouse in time for delivery on release day. However, the date of actual delivery will also depend on factors outside our control.."

They dispatch for release date... Not for the day before...

Neil
28-04-2008, 11:02 PM
"We despatch preorders from our warehouse in time for delivery on release day. However, the date of actual delivery will also depend on factors outside our control.."

They dispatch for release date... Not for the day before...

They dispatch it in time for the release date but normally they come a day early because Royal mail get the orders from GAME then deliever them the next day, this didn't happen this time because GAME kept the orders until monday

Also - GTA is officially out now :)

GommeInc
28-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Well you can't go against their T&Cs :P. I wonder if mine will come today...

DarrenToogood
29-04-2008, 03:08 PM
4.00pm - Tuesday 29th April 2008
---------------------------------

Its official, Play.com do fail. Since Friday it has said that my ordered was posted on 25/04/2008, however no eamil sent. So I was expecting to get it today, seeing as it was posted on Friday.

I opened the door, and no GTA4. I log onto my Play.com account and it has changed its mind, and says it was posted today. I checked my email, and I have got an email too.

Very annoyed, as everyone else has it.

cocaine
29-04-2008, 03:22 PM

Its official, Play.com do fail. Since Friday it has said that my ordered was posted on 25/04/2008, however no eamil sent. So I was expecting to get it today, seeing as it was posted on Friday.

I opened the door, and no GTA4. I log onto my Play.com account and it has changed its mind, and says it was posted today. I checked my email, and I have got an email too.

Play.com dont fail. Royal mail fails.

count yoursely lucky that you've got an xbox 360/PS3 and getting the latest games, as well as a £650 camera and going to spend another £500 on a PC. dont be like that JUST because its a day late :rolleyes: it'd be yonks before i get any of that

Xarea
29-04-2008, 03:24 PM

HAHAHA. BLOODY WELL DESERVED.

I hope you go cry again. Infract me mods, all you like, I don't give a crap, *REMOVED*

Edited by Hitman (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't insult other forum members, thanks.

Hitman
29-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Lucky compared to me, I don't even have a PS3 or Xbox 360 yet! I've got to save up another 150€! :(

kerplunkwozere
29-04-2008, 03:46 PM

GUTTTTTTTTTTTED LOL

DarrenToogood
29-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Everyone on my PS3 Network has one :(

O dear O dear O dear!

Robby
29-04-2008, 08:06 PM
My one from play.com didnt come either :l It said it was dispatched on thursday and I was even emailed. But it didnt arrive today. If it doesnt arrive tomorrow Ill be asking for a refund :)

Stitch
29-04-2008, 08:52 PM
im so glad i wasn't looking forward to playing it till wednesday because we got a slip through the door saying it was too big for letter box. Weird because i've ordered loads of games from gameplay before and they fitted through the letter box fine.

Casuals
29-04-2008, 09:37 PM
dnt slitt.............
its a game....

DarrenToogood
30-04-2008, 11:21 AM
How can a PS3 game be too big for the letterbox xD!

Catzsy
30-04-2008, 12:06 PM
How can a PS3 game be too big for the letterbox xD!

Sometimes they come in big packaging especially from amazon? Too big for a normal letter box. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!